It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists may have just cured aging

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMadTitan

We gotta stop fighting each other first though.

True that, until then I see it no where in sight.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
does any think that the average person will ever get to see this. it will be reserved only for the rich and powerful if not already.

Just eat some blueberry pie more often and buy some light red grapes instead of the chips sometimes. Pop your popcorn using coconut oil instead of vegetable oil. I can afford that. Just buy things when they have specials and look for coupons.

These findings are aquired from studying some properties of certain foods. How come some people don't age as fast or get sick, they study what they eat in hopes of making billions making pills to fool people into giving them good money. Thank them for telling us where they are getting this from. Us not so wealthy people can now go pick blueberries next year out in the woods where we get bit by mosquitoes with the zika virus.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Over a long enough timeline anything will get cheap enough for everyone. Unless that is the entire system is set to plunder everyone at enough pace to restrict the masses from participating.

Back in 2009-2010 fresh out of the engineered Great Recession I called it out as being the kickstart of that very trend:

*Neocommunism to prevent the masses from affording Life Extension technologies.

And today we see SJW's out stormtroopering with Hammer & Sickle flags screaming about TRANS this TRANS that.

I argue the real trans agenda isnt even about transgenders, its about laying the groundwork for Transhumanism, while all the "Social Group Warfare" keeps the masses too distracted to catch onto the AGI Manhattan Project where trillions of dollars are being plundered and poured into to facilitate it.

I can already see the disbelief in SJW eyes about my assertion with the "trans" thing, but just look at how Obama etc handled the trans policies. Both the zero-oversight kindergarten restrooms and the free surgeries upon joining the military, staging them like that ensured backlash which I insist is more harm than good overall for trans folks. They're the sacrificial lambs on the alter of Transhumanism.

edit on 9-11-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr X
Its interesting that this is based on resveratrol, this is the molecule found in red wine (in small quantities).

It is a revestoral analog, that may be a different but related chemistry they are talking about. There is more revestoral in coffee than in a glass of red wine, the sulfites used kind of lessen the chemistry. Grapes are a better source, note they mention grapes in that article.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr X
Its interesting that this is based on resveratrol, this is the molecule found in red wine (in small quantities).

Mental note to self:

Start developing a taste for red wine.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Here is some more information on anti-aging that just came out. I have read about this before, I would recommend button mushrooms. They are actually pretty cheap and do possess a lot of good properties. www.sciencedaily.com...

For some stronger needs, the oyster mushroom and Chaga or birch tree shelf mushroom have some amazing properties.

The Oyster mushroom has a different name that the Japanese gave it, there is a lot of research on that expensive mushroom. It tastes really good, but I would rather go get them out in the woods instead of paying such a high price at the store.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Everything around us is changing. Technology is advancing. Our knowledge of the universe is advancing. Cultures are being pushed together. The infrastructure on Earth is advancing. On and on. In order to keep pace with all this, we have to change too. We can't stay the same forever. In our case, to keep up with the change, we're different from each other, and we die. IN exchange, we can have a less rapidly changing individual life.

So I'd expect people who're living a longer time will be more liberal or changeable. And I also expect the differences between people or groups of people to possibly be even larger. This enables us to respond to the changes on two fronts. Maybe there're more fronts too.

This reminds me of hte ending of Rama Revealed. She's offered a much longer life. I won't say what she decides. That's not a choice can be decided by a single person. We're each different.

My 2 coppers.
edit on 11/9/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Lot's of depressed individuals here.

I love the challenges of the World.

Bring on the live forever or at least longer. That's bad a**. You get to see the Universe one day in all of its wonder.

Cheer up emo kids.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
While living longer is appealing, as long as they are able to also deal with the onset of the diseases that come with aging. Who would want the body of say a 20 year old, yet at the same time have them dealing with say alzheimer's or dementia.

So perhaps they need to fix a few of those disease and then set for imortality after that.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

There may be a possible way to cheat mortality/biology/entropy, once we manage to create an AI with abilities that far exceed our own and has the potential to learn in an exponential manner chances are it will bring about the singularity.

Then it may become possible to somehow digitize or merge our own consciousness or even simulate and/or clone said conciousness into someform of digital medium where we could choose to exist in a virtual or augmented reality or even download our consiousness in to mechnaical/biological forms created to suit the need for interaction with the phisical universe.

The question begs, however, are we greater than the sum of our parts? Or does our consciousness, or certain parts of our makeup possibly exist outwith our biological minds? Which may make the above rather intangible or problematic to bring about.

Chances are we may even find out within our own lifetime if we don't manage to destroy ourselves first.
edit on 9-11-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
Scientists have just discovered a way to reverse the effects of aging by restarting the cellular division process in old, worn-out cells and lengthening telomeres.

Yeah, I saw Age of Adeline, too. In real life, however, this is what in the future they'll say started the zombie apocalypse.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I hate to be negative, but with the situation the world is heading in, do we really want to live forever? Besides, I'm sure many of us would like to meet up with loved ones who have already passed over.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
I hate to be negative, but with the situation the world is heading in, do we really want to live forever?

I already let my junk mail accumulate way too much. I can't imagine what kind of mountain of trash I'd accumulate by the time I was 5,000 years old.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

I have already had enough of this FUBAR world.

Just let me die in peace

Immortality? I'll pass, thank you very much.

Yeah.

Let me age.

I have earned every wrinkle, scar, blemish.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

In a oxygen rich atmosphere isn't it impossible for anything on this planet to life forever? Especially biological entities?

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
In a oxygen rich atmosphere isn't it impossible for anything on this planet to life forever? Especially biological entities?

Rust never sleeps. Otherwise, all the genetic trickery in the world isn't going to stop you from dying when you get run over by a bus. Or the sentient AI decides that you're using too much energy watching TV and eliminates you, the competition.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

We don't necessarily need to exist or remain completely biological through. If consciousness can be downloaded/emulated then as long as the simulation or virtual world we create is illusory enough we might not even be able to tell the difference.

Then there is the possibility of augmenting our biology with cybernetics which could extend life or enhance the reality we experience in ways we are only yet beginning to ponder.

It may seem like science fiction but the reality of the matter is that today's fiction is becoming tomorrows fact as our ability to realize our technological dreams quicken due to breakthroughs in science and technology almost on a daily basis.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

"Im sure many of us would like to meet up with loved ones who have already passed over."

Don't you mean hope to meet up with loved ones who have already passed over given the fact that we have yet to conclusively prove life or any other form of existence after death?

I don't discount the notion but the fact of the matter is that the world will continue to spin whether or not there is an afterlife or otherwise.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Do you think it would be too much to ask that they figure out how to just grow/regrow hair. On your head? Screw the anti-aging, screw going to Mars. Come on. Give any man over 45 unlimited real hair growth options over going to the Moon or Mars, or living longer...we all know what they'll pick.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Maverick7

I'd rather they figure out how to ungrow old man ear hairs and nose hairs.

They leave the stubble from trimming that damn stuff all over the bathroom sink.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join