It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NAACP calls US national anthem racist, demands its removal

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: notsure1

You must be from Philadelphia.

Born and raised in the midwest . But man I love that song..

Just a joke. A hockey one:

When good luck charms are mentioned in professional sports, the one name that always comes up is "Kate Smith". Never in professional sports has there ever been an unlikely combination that has worked so well. The radio star of yesteryear and the "Broad Street Bullies". But you couldn't argue the results and the love affair that grew between Flyer Fans and that first class lady.

www.flyershistory.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz
In the context, it should be obvious enough that the words "hireling and slave" are referring to mercenary soldiers (or anyone else fighting on the side of tyrants). It's a political metaphor.

"And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion,
A home and a country, should leave us no more?
Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave,
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave."

edit on 8-11-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
My opinion......

SOROS playbook..... attack everything American, create division, contempt and encourage hatred.

Look for the source. We must stand for something, or we know the alternative.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
NAACP calls US national anthem racist, demands its removal

First world 'problems'.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I always liked "America the Beautiful" better anyway. And it's a lot easier to sing.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a chapter of the NAACP doesn't speak for the whole national organization, and i don't know why the OP Is trying to make it seem as if this is something the entire NAACP is stumping for.

or do i....

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
This is what happens when a single issue political institution outlives its own cause.

It steadily becomes more insane, backing more and more outlandish & nonsensical positions in a laughable attempt to stay relevant.
The same could be said about a number of identity politics or social justice orgs.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
If they are whining about a song.

The flag is next.

They won't stop until they WHITE WASH everything.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Time to declare the NAACP racist and have it removed.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
If they are whining about a song.

The flag is next.

They won't stop until they WHITE WASH everything.

Anything that is directly challenging American tradition and culture is funded by commies. Stupid obscure causes that would never see the time of day get adopted, it is what they do. The new generation that is coming up is always oblivious to it so they always fall for it every time. This crop of newbie sheeple coming up though is extra soft, extra sensitive, extra lazy, more than willing to participate in sedition than ever before.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I think that the NAACP is racist and demand its removal.

Funny thing about demands, though--no one cares.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
a chapter of the NAACP doesn't speak for the whole national organization, and i don't know why the OP Is trying to make it seem as if this is something the entire NAACP is stumping for.

or do i....

It only seems that way if you don't read the OP. He clearly states it's a chapter in Cali.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
I think that the NAACP is racist and demand its removal.

Funny thing about demands, though--no one cares.

Not true. The bears do.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

It only seems that way if you don't read the OP. He clearly states it's a chapter in Cali.

but i did read the OP... the quote clearly refers to the chapter. the title, most of the rest of the OP, and nearly all the responses in the thread speak of 'the NAACP' as if it's the whole organization.

to me, that is distorting the facts of the matter to play to the people who are already biased against the NAACP in the first place.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: trollz

What do they want to replace it with?

Gin and Juice...

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

When is the California vote for exiting the United States? (CAEXIT) I hope they're serious, because the state is going to need major bail-outs by U.S. Taxpayers soon.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I was hoping someone would finally point that out.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Too bloody true, that! I have the vocal range of a chain saw (does that work as a metaphor in this case?), and the Anthem is nearly impossible for me to sing.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Seems if anything has the word "slave" in it today, it MUSST be related to black slaves? Hmmmm....I guess there was no such thing as Irish, Jewish, Native American, African (the countries that were conquered by Egyptian Pharoah's took captives as slaves), Barbarians, Romans, Christians, "wage" slaves..... should I go on?

originally posted by: fiverx313

but i did read the OP... the quote clearly refers to the chapter. the title, most of the rest of the OP, and nearly all the responses in the thread speak of 'the NAACP' as if it's the whole organization.

to me, that is distorting the facts of the matter to play to the people who are already biased against the NAACP in the first place.

The original title of the article is, 'Anti-black': NAACP rallies for 'Star-Spangled Banner' to be removed as national anthem. So, to you point, IMO the OP seems to have paraphrased the long title to meet ATS length restrictions.

The title of the article also does not make that distinction, so it is not the OP that is at fault, as the OP does mention it as a chapter.

Looking for more to complain about, or do you have some valuable content to contribute?

edit on 11/8/2017 by Krakatoa because: spelling

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Yes, let’s not focus on any of the real problems pertaining to minority’s. Let’s instead put all of our energy into banning the anthem. That’s the key to fixing unemployment, gangs, drugs, gun violence, etc, etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join