It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump administration report: ‘no convincing alternative explanation’ for climate change

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Fossil fuel industry would have a lot less support and a lot fewer people to play stupid for them.

A much stronger needed push for clean renewable energy.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

larger cities closer to temp stations acting like giant concrete heat sinks

So you just proved that we are warming the earth, while trying to deny that we are warming the earth?

No, I didn't prove we're "warming Earth," I proved that it is fully possible to trap heat energy and more slowly diffuse it. The ambient air temperature in the middle of a group of concrete buildings will always be warmer on a sunny day than it is in the middle of a field on the same day. We're creating a series of concentrated hot pockets in the immediate vicinity of large cities.

Hey, you know what, since I pretty much despise cities anyway, knock yourself out. If Algore's cult decides we need to decentrify populations and eliminat ethe country's largest cities, by all means, bulldoze the MF#ers right down to bare dirt. Salt the Earth as you move through to ensure the cities aren't rebuilt. No argument from me. Hell, tie biodegradable plastic bags around the heads of those living there for all I care... But don't turn to me expecting the bill for the work or the aftermath to be picked up in any portion by me.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

so what unconvincing alternatives did the report actually consider?

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
a reply to: network dude

Fossil fuel industry would have a lot less support and a lot fewer people to play stupid for them.

A much stronger needed push for clean renewable energy.

So an alternative to petrol would pop up? Hell, I'm all for that. What's it called?

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: makalit
a reply to: Admitted

That's one of the main reasons he is against the notion of climate change. Cause if he wasn't he'd be a hypocrite to push coal and such that he's obsessed with pushing.

He's so traditional to focus on coal but if somehow it was in business to get cheap solar panels and distribute them along with electricity (cars) he'd be saying "Yeah these pollution man made IS bad" and "you gotta get on the electric"

Perhaps.

But a good business man makes good business decisions. And they usually the take form of long term things.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
We're using a pin prick worth of observed data to analyse and predict 4.5 billion years worth of climate. And we're throwing money at this!!! That, my friend, is why PT Barnum made a fortune.

That pin prick involves US directly.

I doubt climate change advocates are rallying to look after the strange nosed microscopic pygmy sloth of east southern Borneo.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: ParasuvO

To infinity

and beyond.

!

Yeah! I personally can't wait for the sun to go red giant!

And globally, not a lot we can do about that. We can send 1,300,000 earth's oceans into space, the sun ain't gonna bat a solar eye lid. We can nuke it, but it'll just burp at us. We could put up a really big hand to shade us, as we wear our baseball caps backwards and with our sunglasses wrapped around our necks, but I doubt a red giant will care for late 2000'ish memes.

We're boned dude, boned. I say we planet hop, you synchronise your watch, I'll get a glass of water and a towel.

edit on 5/11/2017 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
No convincing alternative explanation needed for Trump Supporters. Their denial is not bound by reason. It’s kind of silly to keep presenting new evidence when their views are not based on that sort of thing.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

So I take it that no one knows what (if any) alternative theories (like PDO/AMO cycles) were considered at all.?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
No convincing alternative explanation needed for Trump Supporters. Their denial is not bound by reason. It’s kind of silly to keep presenting new evidence when their views are not based on that sort of thing.

Do you actually sit there lobbing entire sections of society into coloured corners and expect it to stick?

Well, I guess hillary supporters all sit on a communal pot and don't know when to piss or get off.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Trump Supporters come up with no convincing argument to deny report claiming no convincing alternative explanation for climate change.
edit on 6-11-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

wow wow wow wow

Could someone explain what trump supporters has to do with this subject?????

For the record, I am canadian.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

Trump is a climate change denier. His supporters have echoed his sentiments. Trump has placed a climate change denier as head of the EPA. Trump supporters have applauded this as well as thrown support to exit the Paris Climate change agreement.

Unless the goal posts have recently shifted, Trump and his supporters represent deniers of man made climate change.

edit on 6-11-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

ok I underdstand your feelings and reasoning but you have to admit that when every response is really just to accuse them of being a trump supporter really shuts down any possibility of discussion or debate.

Although, I guess it could be said that Hilary supporters have a greater interest is shutting down debate so that only climate change supporters have the floor.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join