It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump administration report: ‘no convincing alternative explanation’ for climate change

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: ParasuvO

To infinity

and beyond.

!

Yeah! I personally can't wait for the sun to go red giant!

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Good strategy to release it.

Now people can rip it apart easier.

I think the issue is that his administration is producing a report which his policies are doing nothing to address.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Dudemo5

originally posted by: xuenchen
Good strategy to release it.

Now people can rip it apart easier.

You've defined your entire posting philosophy.

Yep , if it requires ripping apart , that one can surely perform the task
They have my admiration

Congratulations on being obtuse on purpose. At least, I hope it was on purpose.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

It's those pesky scientists. At it again. Using science and stuff.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

So, to what do you attribute the current warming trend?

The sun, manipulated "data," larger cities closer to temp stations acting like giant concrete heat sinks, all working with a tiny pinprick worth of observed, recorded data.

How soon can we expect it to level off, naturally?

No clue, but when it does the idiots will be told "OMG!!!! GLOBAL COOLING!!!!!!!! We must tax you to save you from freezing!" and the idiots will buy it hook, line, and sinker.

If it doesn't level off, or slow down, do you think the costs of the effects will be negligible?

Well, if it doesn't level off, the biggest cost will be replacing structures and clothes that spontaneously burst into flames due to 300 degree air temps. We may save quite a bit in fuel costs used cooking roasts, turkeys, and ribs, though... so there's that. Funny thing dude, Earth has been massively hotter than it is now, to the point where the current poles were lush tropical rain forests (a fact proven by fossils rather than inferred via manipulated computer models), and yet here we are cooler today... cycles, their a recurring theme in nature.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
To me, it seems like the fact that climate change is, for the most part, caused by humans, especially greenhouse gas emissions, seems like the legitimate stance. Scientists believe this because they have conducted experiments and have the facts to back it up.

I can see disagreements about what we should do in response to the problem, but I don't think I would ever be persuaded to believe that ignoring the problem is the solution. And I don't think I could be persuaded to believe politicians and political activists who claim that scientists have conspired to hide the truth!
edit on 03pmFri, 03 Nov 2017 23:09:36 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I am under the opinion that people like Trump are against climate change because if they accepted it, they would lose money due to policy changes meant to avert disaster in the future.

While the current generation of leaders is fine with throwing the future under the bus, I have always been under the impression that as the effects of climate change become apparent, future leaders will have no choice but to address it.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

The sun, manipulated "data," larger cities closer to temp stations acting like giant concrete heat sinks, all working with a tiny pinprick worth of observed, recorded data.

So, how has the Sun changed over the past 50 years or so? I don't suppose you've perused the data?

Oh, I see you don't believe that the planet is warming. The data is fake.
Never mind.

Well, if it doesn't level off, the biggest cost will be replacing structures and clothes that spontaneously burst into flames due to 300 degree air temps.
Do you think that makes you sound funny? Or was it just a really bad attempt at a straw man argument?

Funny thing dude, Earth has been massively hotter than it is now, to the point where the current poles were lush tropical rain forests (a fact proven by fossils rather than inferred via manipulated computer models), and yet here we are cooler today... cycles, their a recurring theme in nature.
Funny thing dude, you know that the North Pole is under an ocean, and always has been. Right? Hard to have a rain forest underwater, don't you think? But people and cities weren't around 55 million years ago, so who really cares what the climate was like then? So, what's the cause of the current warming "cycle" (which is probably fake because the data)? Orbital factors? Solar output? Can't be CO2, right? Because... why?

edit on 4-11-2017 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian So the right is coming around. Well that didn't take five years. Only six

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Really makes you wonder, why NASA was against it a decade ago. I suppose it depends on who's pulling the strings. And which favored agenda is most convenient.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

So, how has the Sun changed over the past 50 years or so? I don't suppose you've perused the data?

Oh, I see you don't believe that the planet is warming. The data is fake.
Never mind.

Well, if it doesn't level off, the biggest cost will be replacing structures and clothes that spontaneously burst into flames due to 300 degree air temps.
Do you think that makes you sound funny? Or was it just a really bad attempt at a straw man argument?

Funny thing dude, Earth has been massively hotter than it is now, to the point where the current poles were lush tropical rain forests (a fact proven by fossils rather than inferred via manipulated computer models), and yet here we are cooler today... cycles, their a recurring theme in nature.
Funny thing dude, you know that the North Pole is under an ocean, and always has been. Right? Hard to have a rain forest underwater, don't you think? But people and cities weren't around 55 million years ago, so who really cares what the climate was like then? So, what's the cause of the current warming "cycle" (which is probably fake because the data)? Orbital factors? Solar output? Can't be CO2, right? Because... why?

north pole isnt always an ocean. my uncle walked on it while serving in the navy

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

Your uncle walked on ice covering the Arctic Ocean. He was a submariner?

upload.wikimedia.org...
edit on 11/4/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   
As expected, no amount of facts or corroborated science can persuade Trump Supporters.... Is there a pattern here?

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Only proof the scientists give are the ones that the government tells them,look at historic finds and these wimpy scientist that follow govt protocol,the liberals and Al Gore have billions invested in their programs,they won't give up easy,they have no morals

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Hmm.. you think Al Gore is more powerful than the fossil fuel industry?

You guys are just playing stupid at this point. Or like the other post, just prideful. Basically full of sh*t with no reason behind you.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

You're having pretty much the same weather you had last year. www.timeanddate.com...

And the year before that..www.timeanddate.com...

And the year before that...www.timeanddate.com...

And....www.timeanddate.com...

You're in Southern Texas for God's sake, not Alaska.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: gimcrackery

Al Gore the Climate Whore . I loved it , Thanks for the laugh

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

larger cities closer to temp stations acting like giant concrete heat sinks

So you just proved that we are warming the earth, while trying to deny that we are warming the earth?

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat
a reply to: network dude

It was 87 in Raleigh today and I could ride my bike to Dunn where you are. Yeah, it was cold for a few days a couple weeks back, but this isn’t the ‘normal’ climate in fall in NC — it was 90 or more for several days at the beginning of the State Fair. When will it feel like fall in NC?

Again, is that proof of anything, or is that just weather? Be careful, because some of us still remember the Polar Vortex.

I'm not saying anything against AGW with this post, only that when people on the "not sure" side of things says something about "weather", they are chastised for it because only a dumb ass would think weather=climate. (unless its' warm, then it's totally cool)
edit on 4-11-2017 by network dude because: =

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

If everyone on the planet all agreed that Man is solely/partially responsible for the warming, what would change?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join