It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some hotels not stocking bibles anymore

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Kryties

Steve

Jobs or Wozniak?

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Yes.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: nonspecific

Fair call, i can see the error of my thinking, I guess the bibles get expensive when the pages are used to roll up a splif or 2.

Chapter 4 vs 20.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Don't get too excited the minibar is next.....

The minibar is bad, have you seen those prices?

Anyways, most hotels have already gotten rid of them.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Yes.

Outstanding!

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

You've been staying at the wrong hotels then.

Over the summer I had a chance to stay at a 5 star hotel for a work trip. It had a minibar (first one I've seen at a hotel in years) with alcohol. It was also ridiculously expensive. You could order the same stuff via room service for 3/4 the price, and for 1/2 the price you could head down to the lobby bar and get the same drink, hot food, and listen to some live music.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

My chatbot algorithms were written by Bill (who may or may not have stolen the idea from Steve).

It's ok. Steve stole them from Woz.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

Yes.

Outstanding!

Nowt wrong in drinking those mini bottles of whisky and then filling them up with piss before putting them back in the mini bar.

Not that I have ever done that I will have you know!

Warmest

Lags

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

The minibar is the devil incarnate.(Have you seen the devilish language prices!) That's why the bible is there. Defence.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
That's sad. Off topic a bit: One time a girl friend and I borrowed a car and took a drive to the jersey shore
to see a band at a well known night club "Chatter Box" we were very young and didn't really have any money at the time, but we saved and saved just for this occasion I think together we saved a little over 50 bucks
just enough for a few drinks/grilled cheese and a REALLY NASTY cheap motel for the night which was like 15 dollars a night horrible place.. for some reason
we just had the idea to open the bible that lay in the draw next to the bed and open the book up and pick a random
page and read it ... I opened the book towards the middle and out pops 4 crisp 100 dollar bills we were super shocked
there was a tiny piece of tissue with the money it said if you need this use it if you don't leave it for someone else ...at the time (1982) I guess we thought that we needed it because we took the money went to a nicer motel and had the best time of our lives, but as I look back we should have left it.. it could have saved someones life?
SMH

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

They charge $6.66 for a 13 oz bottle of water.
edit on 3-11-2017 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: starlitestarbrite

Great story! Thanks for sharing/confessing. Jesus forgives. And hey, if you feel that bad, go rent a room at a really nasty hotel, put some money in the bible and leave with a smile on your face and your head held high.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

I have paid it forward many many times, but it still pisses me off till this day
I would never do that now.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Interesting.

Interesting that you would know that Mr Gray...

What he did not mention is that his hobby is travelling round and licking the last page in any signed bible he finds in a hotel.

He'd better be careful. I hear that the televangelists in the room are often made to sniff the last pages signed by their top. Who knows what you might catch.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
For the most part, Millennials are whining a little idiots who are the most intolerant generation I've ever seen in my life.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: starlitestarbrite
That's sad. Off topic a bit: One time a girl friend and I borrowed a car and took a drive to the jersey shore
to see a band at a well known night club "Chatter Box" we were very young and didn't really have any money at the time, but we saved and saved just for this occasion I think together we saved a little over 50 bucks
just enough for a few drinks/grilled cheese and a REALLY NASTY cheap motel for the night which was like 15 dollars a night horrible place.. for some reason
we just had the idea to open the bible that lay in the draw next to the bed and open the book up and pick a random
page and read it ... I opened the book towards the middle and out pops 4 crisp 100 dollar bills we were super shocked
there was a tiny piece of tissue with the money it said if you need this use it if you don't leave it for someone else ...at the time (1982) I guess we thought that we needed it because we took the money went to a nicer motel and had the best time of our lives, but as I look back we should have left it.. it could have saved someones life?
SMH

You know you could get right with yourself by doing that for someone else. You can make it right.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: nonspecific

How would you feel if there was a nice little Koran on the bedside table for your perusal?

If it's got thin pages like the Gideon Bible then it can also be used for spliff rolling.

It's a win-win really.

eww all those grubby religious hands repenting all over the pages after a right handed sin.

Id rather use a tin can..

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Fun hotel Bible fact: Dominatrixes and others with a similar profession will frequently sign the last page of the Bible to show they were in the room.

I know a few dominatrixes, I'll have to fact check this one.

I used to have 10 bibles, all but one was a Gideon lifted from hotel rooms (funnily enough I had 9 different hotel towels too) I may be agnostic, bordering on atheist but my Mum was a Church Organist. I still have her little leather bound New Testament, the Gideon 9 gave gone elsewhere, funny thing is, I have not idea where ha ha.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pandaram
I heard they also stop putting ashtrays aswell. I am loving the future. We finally getting rid of the bad stuff.

Don't get too excited the minibar is next.....

LOL, nein. Minibars and honorbars make fantastic revenue. That $7 bottle of water has a cost of around $1.88

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
LOL, nein. Minibars and honorbars make fantastic revenue. That $7 bottle of water has a cost of around $1.88

A few weeks ago I was at a conference. I was in a nice hotel, no minibar... but they did have large bottles of water on the counter, and they replenished it each day. It had a tag on it saying to enjoy a nice complimentary water. So I did. When I checked out, they charged me $4 per water, one per day. I was not amused.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join