It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking news: U of U campus 'shots fired' alert issued to 'shelter in place'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

campus "shots fired" alert has been issued for the University of Utah campus telling students and faculty to shelter in place. It read:.

Active shooter salt lake city Utah campus .

Active shooter on the UI campus . That's all I know this far.

More as I know it.
edit on 10/30/2017 by semperfortis because: Post the EXACT Headline

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Every DAY in America, 315 people are shot by guns.

Source: www.bradycampaign.org...

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I heard the first name of the suspect . His name was Austin .
He's been camping out in the canyon and has 3 ammo cans in His tent . According to the police on the scanner .

Strange everytime they repeated his name my scanner went wonkey. Then over heard them say "we have the body ."
edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

Sounds like they grapped one guy but are still looking for another ?

Suspect is inside a building on the 3rd floor .

Police say 4 unidentified guys from a "differnt agency " are on the scene.

Suspect in a cammo jacket . With a benini on his head .

Sounds like they are still unsure of who the suspect is.

Suspect in building on 3rd floor with cammo jacket not involved. The police are headed to the roof now.

Two FBI agents walking towards the Hudson center? It sounded like . Officer asked dsipatch "am I needed anywhere "

At least one fatality reported .

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Can you provide a pie chart or line graph that categorizes each of those shootings?
Or are we to believe those guns are acting on their own behalf?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Like to see who’s doing and where those 300plus shootings? Demographics by race and locations?? a reply to: carewemust

Maybe being from Illinois you can enlighten us all, Chicago seems to be a safe place, if it wasn’t for those scary guns!
edit on 10 302230 1717 by WUNK22 because: Content

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I've been on the scanner they seem to have spoke to a few different people so far but I heard one was found dead in their car, no confirmation that i know of it was related or not.

-Alee

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   
i was listening to the scanner too. I heard them say Austin De and it cut out. I think that was the wrong guy though.

It sounds like he shot one guy in the head. They had his wife or girlfriend and they described him i think as having a tear drop and a cross tattooed on his face.

I heard the cops driving by for hours, this happened just above my house.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   

315 people are shot by people.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

so sad!! Just as big an issue is:

100,000 people die each year from alcohol-related causes: drinking and driving crashes, other accidents, falls, fires, alcohol-related homicides and suicides. (NCAAD)

That's 274 people/day. Alcohol commericals on tv everyday, billboards, clothing items at shopping malls, liquor sales in almost every store...and the list goes on. Where is the outcry about that? I never understood it

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Mexico has roughly double the gun homicide rate of the United States and has far stricter gun laws. Something to consider.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna

Mexico has roughly double the gun homicide rate of the United States and has far stricter gun laws. Something to consider.

Oooooooooooorrrrrrr, Chicago....... sorry,.. if you want to implement the strictest gun control measures and have gun violence laugh in the face of such measures, you need only to take Chicago as an example.

It's not the guns. It's the social problems. Guns are merely a quicker way, for those that have no way, to find a better way, to quickly get their way. We're talking about NO HEAT...NO FOOD...NO PROSPECTS AT ALL!! MAJOR killers who don't give two sh#t's about anyone!!
Take guns away and "______" will merely be a quicker way, for those that have no way, to find a better way, to quickly get their way!

Crime is becoming inherited... borderline genetic!

I'm not speaking of any specific racial group..I'm talking across the board!!

You take a family that has lived in sh#...has no chance of sh#....the education system doesn't give a sh#....and after nothing changes for a couple generations, what do you expect would be the end product??

Expect violence.

Expect hatred.

Expect refusal of status quo "norms".

Expect anger and resentment.

Expect that.

Don't be shocked and surprised by what escapes from the "dump" that we don't care to help or understand... what we ignore... the "problem people" who might as well die so most don't have to think about it or deal with it...

Guns are the least of our problems... we shoot ourselves without a gun EVERY SINGLE DAY.

EVERY SINGLE F#KING DAY.

edit on E31America/ChicagoTue, 31 Oct 2017 02:56:40 -050010amTuesdayst02am by EternalShadow because: add/correction

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   

These school and college shootings are becoming a yearly thing. It seems like ever since Columbine, the mentally disturbed need to call attention to themselves. They're willing to sacrifice their life and their innocent victims just to get the world to focus on them for their 1 hour of sick fame! I think the media has tried to ratchet down how much coverage they give these shootings, but they're between a rock and hard place. It's news, the public has to be alerted and be made aware of such shootings.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Guns don't kill people bullets do.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Nope bad people kill people. Guns, vehicles, Bombs, knives, airplanes, hammer ... etc. are just tools. So are people who advocate for gun control, they too are tools against personal freedom.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   

3200 people die every DAY from car accidents

what's your point?

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe
a reply to: dfnj2015

Nope bad people kill people. Guns, vehicles, Bombs, knives, airplanes, hammer ... etc. are just tools. So are people who advocate for gun control, they too are tools against personal freedom.

so countries around the globe with gun control and a distinct lack of shootings like say britain or australia, have no freedom?
that's what you're saying right?

i need to take a screenshot of this, hilarious.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
315 people are shot by people.

But only by one category of people. Namely, "people-with-guns".
So you are right; don't blame the guns, blame the people-with-guns.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Let me fix that for you.... Every DAY in America, 315 people are shot by OTHER PEOPLE.

There, now it make sense

JT

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Every day in America, 315 people are shot by other people, who would have stabbed, sliced, strangled or beaten someone to death, in the absence of a firearm. Is that what you were trying to say?

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: cinerama

so countries around the globe with gun control and a distinct lack of shootings like say britain or australia, have no freedom? that's what you're saying right?

Yes, the "Subjects" of those countries do not have the Rights to defend themselves from their government or threats of harm to themselves or their family like the "Citizens" of the US. Maybe it's different in other countries, but here in the US the courts have decided that the Police have no obligation to protect you as an individual and that responsibility belongs to the individual themselves.

edit on 31-10-2017 by joemoe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join