It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Infertility Crisis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
So if im reading this correctly our demise will come from future generations shooting blanks.. Something to think about .. what do we do.. Any suggestions?
www.theguardian.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
We're overpopulated as it is. Nature will do its part in curbing our growth and who are we to complain? I say it's a good thing.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
We're overpopulated as it is. Nature will do its part in curbing our growth and who are we to complain? I say it's a good thing.

A interesting point.

As a species it is in our nature to want to procreate.

The population of our little blue planet is rising however interestingly in the west overall our births per capita are falling, its just that those being born live for longer.

Its a difficult ethical question, do we treat infertility or not?

I think we should, I think its a fundamental part of being human that we can reproduce, some people sadly cannot do that and so long as we have the technology to do so we should help them. Much in the same way as we treat other conditions. Yet at the same time we need to look at ways to deal with population growth, in developing countries for example they continue to have higher births. Eventually the earths population will level off, and I think our focus should be more on how we manage resources for growing populations until then and how we care for our planet.

Difficult question though, I don't think there are any right answers.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The News item this morning..... www.globalcitizen.org...

do we need more of this ?
edit on 30-10-2017 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-10-2017 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DpatC

As the study states that this is a "Western" issue,... perhaps the problem comes from one or more sources of toxicity from drinking water, bathing water, industrial-mechanized farming, processed/junk foods, pharmaceuticals, or air pollution? Could our communication frequencies, energy usages, and technological inventions be exacerbating things?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sahabi

As the study states that this is a "Western" issue,... perhaps the problem comes from one or more sources of toxicity from drinking water, bathing water, industrial-mechanized farming, processed/junk foods, pharmaceuticals, or air pollution? Could our communication frequencies, energy usages, and technological inventions be exacerbating things?
Certainly death from a thousand paper cuts....

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Follow the crisis reporters hometown, it often follows the agenda of depopulation.

Ever notice, china, then US, whos next UK, then RU?

While areas of less control but also less freedoms get rampant population growth.

It's because, they don't want smart people who value their freedoms and stand up to corruption to populate more than those who don't even think to look...

TL
R - You want more people who don't know, don't care, just want theirs or are too busy trying to support

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Our overpopulation is hurting the environment and each other, I say let nature slow our growth for the good of everyone and everything on this planet. We are the most invasive species around and that is never a good thing, it causes suffering and we have plenty of that going around today.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Our overpopulation is hurting the environment and each other, I say let nature slow our growth for the good of everyone and everything on this planet. We are the most invasive species around and that is never a good thing, it causes suffering and we have plenty of that going around today.

If that's the case then why are the western societies opening their borders to welcome in people who breed like rabbits, and why is that supported by those of you who support the depopulation agenda????

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Shooting Blanks doesn't bother me as much as all the "shooting mutations" that will result in a world gone nuclear mad.

***Warning*** Disturbing content:

Depleted Uranium munitions use in Fallujah, Iraq

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
I have said many times... Dick Cheney had better live forever. What awaits him after this life is beyond description ...

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The US is overpopulated is such a bs argument. It's oversaturated to city centers.

City dwellers like Bill Gates have a distorted view of reality and are allowed to influnce others imo.

I drive across the country all the time, you can go for hours and hours at 75 mph and see nothing.

You don't get the people problem untill you get into big cities.

On topic, yeah I'd bet the problem is caused by the semi-filtered toilet water being recycled back to us for a profit being tainted with chlorine, birth control, pharmies, fertilzer, pesticides, leads and other metals etc, etc....

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I think that overpopulation is a propaganda myth. I feel that the truth of the matter is,.... we are densely squished into urban centers, as off-the-grid living becomes more politically suppressed and regulated.

The devastation wrought against animals, nature, and the environment is from reckless greed, apathy, selfishness, consumerism, and throw-away wasteful materialism. With wisdom and understanding, we are actually technologically advanced enough to better use, reuse, reduce, and recycle the resources that we are harvesting from the earth.

edit on 10/30/17 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

We have more than enough food-energy-and space. We just have leadership problem.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
The US is overpopulated is such a bs argument. It's oversaturated to city centers.

City dwellers like Bill Gates have a distorted view of reality and are allowed to influnce others imo.

I drive across the country all the time, you can go for hours and hours at 75 mph and see nothing.

You don't get the people problem untill you get into big cities.

On topic, yeah I'd bet the problem is caused by the semi-filtered toilet water being recycled back to us for a profit being tainted with chlorine, birth control, pharmies, fertilzer, pesticides, leads and other metals etc, etc....

This.

The country is empty and anyone that says otherwise has never been outside of the city they reside in. I have seen the entire US and every state has more empty space than anything else.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi
I suspect it's something being put into our bodies.

I seem to recall making a thread on this subject a year ago

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 30-10-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I know you like to bring politics into everything and it consumes most of your thoughts but this thread isn't about politics. My post had nothing to do with immigration or anything close to it.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

a reply to: Mandroid7

I think you guys are right, we have plenty of space to spread out to but I fear what would happen to those spaces of we decided to do that as a species.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

People will have to copulate twice as much and twice as long. I'm ready for the challenge!

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
The population of citizens in the US, excluding immigrants within the last twenty years, has dropped. Blacks seem to be up and hispanic are up. Subtract all immigrants and their kids from the numbers and it is evident there is a population decrease here.

They know how to reduce male fertility, some chemicals found in our food can do that easily. Also, some food chemistry screws up women. You have to be consuming some of these for ten years or more before they have an effect. You see, the Hispanics have different ethnic foods so many consume chemistry that actually negates the chemistry a bit, but it does catch up over a longer period. I investigated this a while back and found some chemicals that could do this to males but even more that disrupts female fertility. They are considered GRAS, they do not harm the person, just do birth control by various techniques.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join