It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court rejects Trump's transgender troop ban

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
Good send them lady boys to the front line!!!

No, you did not say "lady and boys."

No amount of retroactive spin applied changes what you said, it merely highlights your lack of..."fortitude."

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Devino
The court in the OP apparently disagrees with you here. By rejecting his ban seems to prove that he cannot simply change hiring policy just because he wants to.

No, that is not what the ruling indicates at all--In fact, the ruling says exactly this:

The President controls the United States military. The directives of the Presidential Memorandum, to the extent they are definitive, are the operative policy toward military service by transgender service members. The Court must and shall assume that the directives of the Presidential Memorandum will be faithfully executed.

Actual Ruling (bottom of page 34)

The whole lawsuit is alleging that Trump's directive is denying transgendered Service Members from their Fifth-Amendment right to due process--the judge is saying that no administrative actions barring enlistment or discharging active-duty Service Members can happen until the deadlines set for actual policy on the subject matter.

Nothing in the ruling can be construed as the judge telling the president that he cannot alter enlistment guidelines. Remember Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly's own words: "The President controls the United States military."
edit on 31-10-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

No, you did not say "lady and boys."

No amount of retroactive spin applied changes what you said, it merely highlights your lack of..."fortitude."

Sweet you have an opinion of me!! I'm flattered.

You know what they say about opinions...everyone has one and they all stink....yours maybe just a little more than others...High fiber diet?

Oh again can you please point out where the word lady and boys are not present in my statement?
edit on 31-10-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I get the sense that we're dealing with the same kind of person that works 8-430 in the admin shack Monday through Friday, but sports a "Every Marine is a Rifleman" bumper sticker on the Mustang they're paying 24% interest on, and actually thinks they're on par with the 03s that eat, sleep, and breathe combat proficiency.

With a healthy dose of homophobia and transphobia added in.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So a person is not a solider first? All people in the military don't go thought Basic Training? Boot Camp doesn't consist of shooting and other basic training of a solider?

You would think a person of your extensive military experience would have known something as basic as this. I guess cooks only go through cook camp and ONLY learn how to flip pancakes. And mechanics ONLY go to wrench camp ONLY and learn how to change oil....Fascinating!! Tell me more!!

Yet again you show that you suck at reading my posts... I suggest you go back to school and study reading comprehension.

No they don't send the cooks out to go shoot guns unless there is a HUGE dearth of soldiers available.

Just because you are a soldier first doesn't mean they will just pull soldiers from any random MOS to fill the combat arms MOS'. The military will draw from other combat arms MOS' first. Like in my situation. I was field artillery but ended up doing convoy security.

Use some common sense man!

Ok so we agree everyone in the military is a solider first right....Good were getting somewhere....

So now that we agree everyone is a soldier first, why would it be offensive to ask a solider to go to the front line? Or is it only offensive if that soldier is Trans? Is the military going to be constrained on what they can ask their trans soldier to do? Why would you or anyone get upset by some saying "send them to the front lines"? Are we to handle the Trans soldier different from say a heterosexual soldier?

Please elaborate why it is offensive to ask a trans to take a bullet for this country? Isn't that what the signed up for?

Offensive? I never even used that word. That is all you making up your own arguments (again). I'm talking practicality. It doesn't make practical sense to send a support soldier to the front lines while you have other combat arms MOS' that can be sent instead. They will be in better shape and more familiar with the weapons systems they'll be required to use while deployed. The only reason to send a support soldier to the front lines is if a position is being overran and every available soldier needs to fight to survive. It is a LAST resort.

All the cooks in my unit went to work in the mess hall in Iraq. All the mechanics in my unit worked at the motor pool. None of them left the fence.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I have a sense he is just talking out his ass and basing his opinions on what he has heard from friends or family that have served and/or Hollywood. He gets some of the bigger details correct (like every person in the army is a soldier first) but gets the smaller details wrong or shows that he doesn't understand them.
edit on 31-10-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Sweet you have an opinion of me!! I'm flattered.

I'm sure you are all aflutter at the idea that somebody actually cares about you.

You know what they say about opinions...everyone has one and they all stink....yours maybe just a little more than others...High fiber diet?

Why are you talking about my poop? Don't be weird.

Oh again can you please point out where the word lady and boys are not present in my statement?

I've already quoted you where you said lady boys twice. Not

I said both ladies and boys.
like you tried to claim you said when you first got called on your comment. Nor

I said lady and boys
like you then tried to spin it as.

But you already knew that. You know what you said. You know what you meant. So does everybody else. All you're doing now is trying save face and somehow spin this into you being "right" about something.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

And, apparently, ignoring things people say (including his own statements) and trying to argue about things nobody actually said.

I think somebody must need attention today

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I get the sense that we're dealing with the same kind of person that works 8-430 in the admin shack Monday through Friday, but sports a "Every Marine is a Rifleman" bumper sticker on the Mustang they're paying 24% interest on, and actually thinks they're on par with the 03s that eat, sleep, and breathe combat proficiency.

You sound very familiar with that lifestyle....Psychological projection??

I linked the Wiki for you, I know cooks have very limited training/education.

WIKI

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Your obsession with me is becoming uncomfortable...

Sorry man I'm not interested. Good luck out there bro!!

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Why them?

Because their in the military and that's what they volunteered for....we are talking about the military right?

Are you seriously asking why we would send out members of the military to the front??

*They're

I am seriously asking why you are singling them out to send to the front line.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

He's not.

He totally really said "ladies and boys" or "lady and boys" depending on which subsequent comment you read, and if you didn't insert the "and" into his original "send those lady boys to the front line" comment then it's your own fault, not his.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Why them?

Because their in the military and that's what they volunteered for....we are talking about the military right?

Are you seriously asking why we would send out members of the military to the front??

*They're

I am seriously asking why you are singling them out to send to the front line.

Isn't that what the OP was about? Transgender in the military?

I am posting about the OP, and at the same time saying "great" Let them serve! Why is asking a solider to serve now offensive? Do people not understand serving in the military may require you to go to the front line?

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Ahh the much used yet under appreciated "I am rubber you are glue" defense now, eh? With a little "I know you are but what am I?" to really set it over the top?

It's okay man. Can't get outta the corner you painted yourself into, so you try to pivot the discussion into something else entirely.

You take care, bro.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Ahh the much used yet under appreciated "I am rubber you are glue" defense now, eh? With a little "I know you are but what am I?" to really set it over the top?

It's okay man. Can't get outta the corner you painted yourself into, so you try to pivot the discussion into something else entirely.

You take care, bro.

Seriously man...it's boarder line Harvey Weinstein.

I really don't know what side of the sex coin you fall on but I'm not interested either way.

Thanks, but NO THANKs!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

You said it man. There really is a healthy dose. A dose that says..."I dont support it". End of story.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

You said it man. There really is a healthy dose. A dose that says..."I dont support it". End of story.

OH NOES!! look out someone that doesn't agree with the PC crowd!!

Quick burn him at the stake!!

LBGTXYZ community are like the Necromongers from Riddick...convert or die...LOL

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I'm impervious to internet banter

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

I'm impervious to internet banter

I wish I was....I need a safe space, these internet tough guys really scare me and destroy my self confidence in real life. I'm going to rehab to become more aware of the PC crowd and the issues that plague them.

LMAO

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Yes...an interesting point one I recently stated. We should all have safe spaces from things that bother us...since that's the norm lately.

I find it troubling that only certain demographics are allowed safe spaces. It's a clear case of discrimination.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join