It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Pretentious Letter pt.3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Is it just me, or does it take too much energy to care for things that should be universally acknowledged as required common practice? So while everyone is busy pointing their fingers at each other, shifting the blame back and forth with every new "revelation" that seemingly comes with every new article, I can't seem to find enough energy to pretend I am surprised or even outraged. Surely I'm not the only one that shares these sentiments -- actually scratch that, I know I'm not the only one -- but partisan politics is the new way of life and virtue signalling sure feels good, doesn't it?

I'm not trying to take away anything from the members that have put in the time and effort to bring these revelations to light, if not for anything other than more insight and enlightenment, then it's all good and gravy. But if we are to believe those in positions of power behind these "witch-hunts" coming from either side are actually concerned about the integrity of "Super Sacred American Democracy", rather than their own selfish reasons, that is where we've lost the plot.

Being outraged at corruption in politics is like being outraged at sexual harassment in entertainment. Think about that..

How it was, is, and always will be..

TLDR version

In more important news: Tomorrow is Halloween!

i love you all

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

In more important news: Tomorrow is Halloween!

Hi there Hunter! Nice post and political bickering is a major waste of energy and not the type I'd like to put out anyway

Happy Halloweeeen my friend (tomorrow)! Hope it's a spooky one!

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Well, at least you got the pretentious part right.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

That's my secret; label myself before anyone else can.

But calling myself it doesn't make me any more or less pretentious than anyone else.

So, what did you disagree with?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Happy Halloween to you too, my friend! Hope you have yourself a spooky and fun one with the little ones as well!

Awesome soundtrack.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The whole political process is just the entertainment section for the military industrial complex. as Zappa said...

I too believe that's the case but I still resent like hell being played like a chump.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

We are all being played in one way or another. I think the secret is just accepting that fact and not letting such insignificant things take (waste) so much of your energy. Especially when the things we argue over, we have no real control of. Politics is definitely theater, and a highly addictive one at that.

new topics

top topics

join