It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tattoo's

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeneralMayhem
a reply to: Abysha

Clothes , hats , cars , fat : All useful
Twatoos : Not useful

Lol. Okay. Well I'd rather raise a fit and healthy daughter with tattoos and an upbringing based around philanthropic thought than a bare-skinned kid with nice things and too much junk food.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: Fools

some of mine mean things and some dont.

ive had so many people ask me but what about when you are 60?

im sure some of them will look pretty terrible when i am 60. i really just cant seem to get up the energy to care.

I have a few good buddies that have many. I like them. It's just weird now, seems like nearly everyone is getting them. As if it's this statement to fit in as opposed to it used to be more of a rebellious thing.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I think you protest too much but you call yourself Trollz so that is to be expected.

You seem awfully proud of being different and oh so highly intelligent and above everyone.

This daughter did the tattoo to be defiant-for all your intelligence you couldn't figure that out.

I'd check that attitude and big chip on your oh so righteous shoulder.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

When my wife got a tat a couple of years ago she met an old woman about 70 years old with one on her upper chest.
It said '' DO NOT RESISATATE DAMNIT''

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I have a tattoo on my.. I see nothing wrong with one or two, but more than 5 is too many unless you're aiming for the biker look.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Picture this one if you will. I'm in the locker room at the gym other other day and I noticed a young fellow with a full sleeve. As I looked at it I marveled and so asked him'' Is that a full length tat of the statue of liberty on your arm?''
He said ''yes it is.''

I then asked him "" And does that statue have the face of Marilyn Monroe?''
He said ''yes it does''

I then said, ''one more question if you will''
He said ''ask away.''

I asked, ''Instead of the Bible, is your statue of liberty with the Marilyn Monroe face holding a Thompson sub machine gun?
He look at me with a grin and said '' she certainly is''

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
My dad had a bunch of tats he got in the Navy, then, when he got out and wanted to start a family, he regretted having gotten them and was ashamed enough that he had them removed. This was back in the early 70's when removal techniques weren't all that sophisticated, and he wound up with just horrible scarred patches on his arms that you could still see vague blue outlines of the naked ex-girlfriend through (and a mouse because his nickname was mousy).

I don't have any, but my GF likes them (she has 2 small ones: Sun/Moon)
I'm not wealthy- can't imagine spending hard-earned $$ on anything besides trying to survive.
When I do have anything extra, it goes to help animals in need. There will always be something more important for me to spend that money on.
Even if I had Bill Gate's bank account, I probably wouldn't get one that wasn't hidden from view by clothing.

As far as other people's tats- I find some of the artwork interesting, clever, and occasionally beautiful. However,
I would rather see beautiful blank skin on a woman than have it covered with ink. Tattoo'd text on hands, wrists, necks, etc, makes me think of prison inmates and gangstas.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Why would you make yourself a cover if not an expression of yourself? You will be judged many times, rightly or wrongly, by your appearance.

Granted, in a fair world you would be judged by you, the person, but this is the world we live in. However, maybe you like the attention and look for others with similar interests through your tattoos-just guessing.

Oh I'm completely aware of that, I've been judged my whole life.

I got my first tattoo at 16, back in a time when tattoos meant something much different. But now in 2017, it's not really a big deal at all. I just view it as art. There are some beautiful tattoos and some really great artists out there.

For me personally, I could care less how others perceive me. I know who I am and what I stand for, and that's all that matters to me.

ETA: Just wanted to add that all my tattoos have sentimental value to me in many different ways, like reminders, motivation, inspiration, memories, etc.
edit on 21-10-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I have listened to all.... In 1990 my children lost their Mom, since then I raised them by myself. My Son 6 my Daughter 3. We have done things most only dream of. Repelled down mountainsides with Search and Rescue teams, my Daughter Skydiving, rode dirt bikes all over, camped for days, many things that many families could not find time or opportunity to do. I feel no remorse's, in fact I took my Daughter to Alaska and we lived the summer with friends.

I told her that she could turn 18 in Alaska, sans Dads watchful eye. But please don't tell me the details of your party exploits. She experienced very likely the time of her life. and without hindrance. If I seem unduly affected by this... it is because it is uncommon for any of my family. Both her and my son were 4.0 students through Highschool. Both are successful in life and careers. I believe parents that don't care one way or the other are really if the truth be told, deceiving themselves and perhaps in denial. But again "I'v been crushed by a tumblin tide"

It's not a 'pity party', it's a 'if things had been different'. Time will sort it out. My time will end, and life will go on as it has for millennia. I am old now.
edit on 21-10-2017 by Plotus because: Lost my Pez dispenser

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

When I see people with tattoos , I always think "what else could you have spent the money for that on ?" Unfortunately I assume they are not very charitable people .

boy, would you be confused to meet my husband. four huge tattoos and he's the biggest tipper i ever met and never turns down a donation request.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

In 1990 my children lost their Mom, since then I raised them by myself. My Son 6 my Daughter 3.

Both her and my son were 4.0 students through Highschool. Both are successful in life and careers.

It sounds like you have done a wonderful job raising them, to be both successful and retain values.

Be proud of yourself.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Both her and my son were 4.0 students through Highschool. Both are successful in life and careers. I believe parents that don't care one way or the other are really if the truth be told, deceiving themselves and perhaps in denial.

just want to let you know, my younger sister was also an excellent student and successful in life, and she wanted nothing more than a tattoo as soon as she turned of legal age. my parents, both also intelligent and successful with tattoos of their own, supported her, helped her make a thoughtful choice, and gifted it to her as a birthday present.

you might gain from this by questioning why your'e so quick to assume that a tattoo can't coexist with intelligence, thoughtfulness, and success.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Nothing much uglier then aged tattoos in my opinion. Why the people who get them can't see that amazes me. If you see them from a little distance the person looks like they need a bath. The designs are not pretty in the least.
Of course from my day it makes me think of prison, gangs and drunken sailors.

My sister once got a tattoo on her ankle while drunk, it was put on upside down and you can only see a black thing like dirt on her ankle. Should be illegal to tattoo someone drunk. I never had the compulsion to write on myself, I thought that went away after childhood.

We know this was once common pagan worship practice to their idols. These were often people who burned children in the fires to their gods.

Leviticus 19:28
“Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the Lord.”

These things have become more popular during this time for a reason I think and it is a part of the ways of the world now.

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 1 John 2:15

What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

edit on 21-10-2017 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

im sure some of them will look pretty terrible when i am 60. i really just cant seem to get up the energy to care.

And you have a 5-year-old? Whew, you do need some energy.
Looking at the devastated and very sad condition of the woman that is your avatar I had already guessed tattoos.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Well if anyone came near me with a buzzing inkpen to scar me for life I would break their face , NOT PAY THEM !!!

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

a reply to: fiverx313

Well if anyone came near me with a buzzing inkpen to scar me for life I would break their face , NOT PAY THEM !!!

You think tattoo artists are running around, randomly tattooing people?

That’s hilarious.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
If my kid is gay, whnts tattoos, enjoys eating raw eggs?? What do I care?? He’s happy in this f#%ked up world then I’m happy. He did get the tattoos already, just like his Dad, me, the bad role model!

What kids want is usually not great for them. My kids are both well off have enviable lives have traveled the world, are clean cut and fit have wonderful spouses and are well educated...all because I said NO a lot.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

And you have a 5-year-old? Whew, you do need some energy.
Looking at the devastated and very sad condition of the woman that is your avatar I had already guessed tattoos.

Well Yo-Landi doesn't fink u freeky nor does she like you a lot.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
I wonder how you feel about tattoos? How about your children getting them ? Well that is to say adult children. Would you feel a sadness that your time spent instilling values in them was for naught ?

Children grow up and fledge out of the nest. They have their own lives to move forward with, and you encourage them as best as you can. The world changes, and sadly moral compass's change. What was once abhorrent is now mainstream, and so the world turns. Peer pressure ignites ideas and actions, some not so well thought out, but wisdom is gained sometimes, sometimes not. Other times it's as Einstein said about 'doing the same thing over and over and expecting change'. You feel remorse and seek change if your lucky enough to recognize insanity.

Thus they learn or fail their peers or their loved ones expectations.
At some point a parent must let go, hoping for the best, and being there if the worst should come. It's the way of life.
I have lived to see this tattoo thing mar my daughter, a whim because of a concert she attended. A lifelong reminder of an obscure band that in a few years will be all but forgotten. Sadness consumes me because of this. Perhaps I will one day accept it, but I will always remember the loss I felt that day.

My only concern was that if the kids got tats that they were art and not crap.

After much discussion my daughter came home with the dumbest, POS. I swear the kid paid no attention to the multiple lectures given on finding a great artist and the importance of laying that color in and if she came home with something that looked like a thick lined mash I'd freak.

So I freaked.

Not because she got some art, but because she didn't respect herself enough to get something that didn't look like a kindergartner drew it. The only stipulation I put on my kids was don't get crappy tats, do it right or don't bother.

Banging head on keyboard.....
Bad tats make me crazy cause there is just no excuse for it. However she has to live with it. Bad ink just tells me the owner DGAF about themselves so, a nice heads up. The 3-D work they're now doing is outrageous and worth every penny.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Let people make their own mistakes or own successes without judgement.

Kids need someone to keep them from mistakes until they have the experience to know what they really want. Teens are the least able to know anything.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join