It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 million year old homonin teeth from...............GERMANY?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
and in all these years...these millions of years.
what have we really learned?

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I didn't read the article, admittedly. If carbon dating was used though, that method of dating is far from reliable. Interesting either way.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

No carbon dating was not used.
One way they did constrain the age is that the teeth were found among some sort of index fossils, animals that only lived for a know period of time.
I would imagine they used U/Th dating or Pt/Ar, or such.
As soon as paper is out i will post it.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf
Wow. How very poetic. Thank you for that.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: riiver
a reply to: badw0lf
Wow. How very poetic. Thank you for that.

you are most welcome !! this one single thought elicits so many words for me.

the crux of the "what if".. what if two people never had a chance encounter. your mother and father. The entire family you know as your entire reality. What if. Say some evil wizard were to go back in time and cause that casual moment to not happen. Would you, today, and with the ability, go back and change things so they did occur? What if the alternate reality was two people, starting a new family, that bore a child who would take the world to a better place? Is our reality so important? What if...

I lost the love of my life through fate. I cannot see her life now as anything but all she ever wanted. Would I change that? Could I?

Every tomorrow is a yesterday. we are trapped in a perpetual today. bares not consideration to be antagonised over an unknown future, nor an unchangeable past.

We are where we are. and that is all we can deal with.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   
300 years ago Europeans thought earth was flat according to recarches done by geniuses of at the time.
In 300 years time we probably learned dinosaurs went to work with briefcases and paid taxes.

All fake. We probably living in a farm. Somthing happen about 2000 years ago around the world. Everyone’s culture going back to a unknown yet massive event that masked by religions.

Mehhh....

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Pandaram

I think it loops, maybe someone hit`s the reset button every 2000 years.

We need to be controlled.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pandaram

300 years ago Europeans thought earth was flat according to recarches done by geniuses of at the time.

You think Europeans in 1716 thought the earth was flat? Where did you get that idea?

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

originally posted by: punkinworks10..snip...

Interesting stuff, it appears to be an unknown ape. Whether it was in the branch that led to humans is unknown.

And that's the thing... one morphological trait doesn't make a hominin. We see apes as old as Proconsul at 18-22 Ma that likewise share some morphological characteristics with hominins but because we have much more complete remains including crania, we know that they aren't a direct ancestor to HSS. Attempting to infer lineage from a couple of teeth is playing things a little fast and loose in my opinion.

Look A. Ramidus for example. We've got a fairly large post cranial anatomy to work with and they've been known for over 2 decades now and they people working on them still aren't able to say with any degree of veracity if we share a lineage with them but somehow a couple of teeth with some similarities to later hominins magically becomes the Golden Ticket from Willie Wonka? I'm much less convinced.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

Yea but we already have an established fossil record to suggest our ancestory path did come from africa.

I see what you're saying, but it might have nothing to do with our evolution in the while grand scheme of things. Or there is something strange in the fossil itself and it's not as old as we think.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Although the OP mentions something to do with a horse ancestor.

Nevertheless, some interesting fossils coming out of Germany regarding pre-history.

First there was the fossil of Ida, a missing link between apes, monkeys and lemurs (thought to be 47 million years old, when Europe was in a different position on the map).
news.nationalgeographic.com...
It seems the place of European evolution (including more recent human evolution) was much underestimated to suit a politically correct agenda.

As far as teeth go, a bizarre relic is the Sheepshead fish, whose dental work is so close to humans that modern dentists could work on it.
www.zmescience.com...

Not sure if the dentition stems from a time when humans and fish shared a common ancestor, or if it evolved separately.
It seems totally suited to its diet through.
Incidentally, a close relative of the Sheepshead fish has psychedelic flesh, and was used by ancient Romans for party purposes (although it's not advisable apparently).

Obviously the fishy doesn't smoke or eat refined grains or drink sugary crap, so it actually has better teeth than some humans since the agricultural revolution (especially since addictive refined sugar became the vogue, and the poorer classes dyed their teeth black to copy the rotten teeth of the aristocracy).
edit on 21-10-2017 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: punkinworks10
The archeologists want to make it so easy "oh, we're all descended from lucy" etc. etc.
Now think clearly on this, so Lucy is running around as the initial proto- human. Just who does Lucy mate with? Monkeys?
Or other proto-humans?
Now if it's monkeys then just her genes would not lead to modern humans as that would ultimately dilute the progress.
Now if it's other proto-humans (males) then there has to be other female proto-humans before Lucy.
I think for a major species shift (like the missing link) there must have been a group, herd, tribal shift not confined to one female or male.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pandaram

Mehhh....

Actually they didn't if they were educated they knew the Greeks had determined the earth was a globe and they could see the shape of the earth on the moon. Columbus got his ships because he convinced the Spanish that the Greek calculation were wrong - and the world was much smaller and the east could be easily reached by going west.

Needless to say Columbus was wrong, Eratosthenes was right, and the unknown Americas were blocking the way.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Funny, humans share teeth with other species (long before Lucy).

But what happened to the male penile bone in humans (which other primates retain), nobody can really explain.
en.wikipedia.org...

But it seems not even the creationists want to touch that glaring subject.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Nice find. Waiting for the day the paper is made available to the public.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Pandaram

That's a complete myth.

Ancient Greeks worked out the world was round, and it's been accepted ever since.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: autopat51

Obviously not one damn thing. We come from a long long line of hard learners! LoL

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Interesting, maybe hominids evolved and migrated earlier than we thought.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I think the discovery of an early ancestor of humans has quite a bit to do with humans, actually. You're losing your touch bro.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: hombero

Except that there's no evidence that this is actually a hominin let alone a hominin ancestral to HSS. It's a couple of teeth that one group believes could be a hominin. Beyond that there is no crania or post cranial remains that would allow paleoanthropologists to make a more accurate determination. Deciding for yourself that they're an early ancestor of humans doesn't actually make it so.

ETA- after digging around and finding some pictures to make a comparison against, the molar appears to be a primitive catarrhine like Anapithecus while the alleged canine may not actually be a hominin tooth at all. Really S#tty media hype over something that only exists in the imaginations of reporters and not anthropologists.
edit on 22-10-2017 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join