It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Las Vegas coroner’s office on lockdown — but why?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   

The Clark County Office of the Coroner/Medical Examiner (CCOCME) is currently on lockdown and has been since the Oct. 1 massacre.

Footage obtained by Crowdsource the Truth’s Jason Goodman on Wednesday reveals the facility is being guarded by multiple police units despite the fact that the coroner is a dually elected official whose authority is among the highest of all law enforcement officials in the State of Nevada. The coroner is independent of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department altogether (i.e. the coroner supersedes LVMPD.)

Why would the Vegas coroner's office be on lockdown and guarded by the police for another week?

If the LV shooter was only one person, why is this happening?

According to the coroner the journalist interviews in the video this is the first time this has ever been done. Not to mention that there is more than one coroner in the office.

So what's going on? Was there more than one shooter?

When the journalist asks the coroner, and the police they tell him that they cannot say anymore and they were only told to do the lockdown for whatever reason.

This is very strange.

+19 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Because the rounds are a different caliber than what was portrayed and vastly divergent angles of entry I suspect

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

...despite the fact that the coroner is a dually elected official...

I've never seen 'County Coroner' appear on a ballot, is this a Nevada only situation?

ETA: My suspicion were correct, it is not an elected position:

John Fundeberg promoted to Clark County Coroner.

And there is only one coroner, but he does have an Assistant Coroner.

edit on 19-10-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁️ 💓 🧀 🍕

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Missouri does it as well.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: abago71

Missouri does it as well.

Clark County, Nevada doesn't.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
So I found the following information, and it does say there are more than one coroner. However, I am still unsure of why they are on lockdown and why they have the police guarding the office.

​The Clark County Coroner's Office is responsible for conducting medicolegal death investigations. The initial report is the responsibility of the Coroner Investigator. Currently there are two Coroner Investigative Forensic Supervisors, 16 full-time Coroner Investigators and five part-time Investigat​ors that respond throughout the Las Vegas valley. There are also three part-time Investigators that handle the southern portion of Clark County, which encompasses the Laughlin and Searchlight areas, and three part-time Investigators that handle the northern County region, which encompasses the Mesquite, Overton and Logandale areas, with assistance from the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department.

www.clarkcountynv.gov...

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

So I found the following information, and it does say there are more than one coroner.

There isn't, go to the contact page:

John Fudenberg, D-ABMDI 
 Coroner

Paul R. Parker III, D-ABMDI
Assistant Coroner

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You are right, so it seems the journalist is right, and there is supposed to be just one coroner. But the woman who answered the questions also had a badge saying she is a coroner. They might be receiving help from coroners from other counties maybe?

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Very well may have been. I would think only the coroner and his assistant could sign off on each case and having 50+ deaths all requiring autopsies, along with their typical workload, may have necessitated bringing in other coroners.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Perhaps because the press are vultures and they want to keep the area clear to allow the professionals to do their jobs without any interference? This is a major case, so erring on the side of caution is warranted when you have "keyboard coroners" clamoring to make up unfounded stories and leaks of "anonymous sources" go viral.

So, you lockdown the office to provide a way to deny that aspect from tainting the findings of the investigation.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

...despite the fact that the coroner is a dually elected official...

I've never seen 'County Coroner' appear on a ballot, is this a Nevada only situation?

ETA: My suspicion were correct, it is not an elected position:

John Fundeberg promoted to Clark County Coroner.

And there is only one coroner, but he does have an Assistant Coroner.

The journalist says in the video that the last coroner was not elected, but was promoted. But before that he says the coroners were elected. Looking at other county coroner offices, the job seems to be an elected position.

Found this on wikipedia.

Law and government

Clark County Government is run by the Clark County Commission which consists of seven members who are elected to serve staggered four-year terms in biannual partisan elections.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

being guarded by multiple police units despite the fact that the coroner is a dually elected official whose authority is among the highest of all law enforcement officials in the State of Nevada.

I don't understand the logic of "despite the fact". Why does the journalist think that having high authority should make an official less likely to be protected by police? Other duly elected officials, up to and including Presidents, also get police protection.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Doubtful the last was elected. The County Commissioners are elected who then appoint the county department heads. This is fairly typical for local governments.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

The Clark County Office of the Coroner/Medical Examiner (CCOCME) is currently on lockdown and has been since the Oct. 1 massacre.

Footage obtained by Crowdsource the Truth’s Jason Goodman on Wednesday reveals the facility is being guarded by multiple police units despite the fact that the coroner is a dually elected official whose authority is among the highest of all law enforcement officials in the State of Nevada. The coroner is independent of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department altogether (i.e. the coroner supersedes LVMPD.)

Why would the Vegas coroner's office be on lockdown and guarded by the police for another week?

If the LV shooter was only one person, why is this happening?

According to the coroner the journalist interviews in the video this is the first time this has ever been done. Not to mention that there is more than one coroner in the office.

So what's going on? Was there more than one shooter?

When the journalist asks the coroner, and the police they tell him that they cannot say anymore and they were only told to do the lockdown for whatever reason.

This is very strange.

They need to acronym the place? CCOCME? Why not the entire article...

TCCOCMEISCOLAHBSO1M.
FOBCTTJGOWRTFIBGBMPUDTFTTCIADEOWAIATHOALEOISON.
TCIIOTLVMPDAieTCSLVMPD.

There, much better..

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I can think of a great many reasons they would have wanted to lock down the coroners office, during the aftermath of an incident like this, and most of that is the fault of the "Sandy Hook never happened, gun grabbers and their liberal arts degrees faked the whole thing, blah blah blah, blah blah blah, fake news, sad." people.

Perhaps it would also seem less out of place, if an "investigator" had not have been barred from the Mandalay Bay hotel, and warned off by the Feds, as a result of their total unwillingness to maintain a sensible distance away from the site of investigations ongoing, just a few days ago.

You have to remember that the people in charge of this investigation are, like all of us, living in strange times.

Do you recall the Comet Ping-Pong shooting? A man claiming to be performing some sort of citizen led investigation into the reports (none of which was ever proven accurate in the least, by anyone) on the establishment, which claimed all manner of perverted things about the company itself, burst into a Comet Ping Pong outlet, with a knife, an AR-15 and a sidearm. You cannot have people like that, determined that a conspiracy is afoot, bursting into the autopsy armed to the eyeballs, potentially messing up or contaminating evidence, or causing it to be contaminated in some way.

It would probably be less understandable that this protective detail has been applied, if an "investigator" had not been barred from the Mandalay Bay hotel, and warned off by the Feds, as a result of their total unwillingness to maintain a sensible distance away from the site of investigations ongoing, just a few days ago. Private investigators do not have any right to interfere, citizen investigators do not have any right to interfere, and the morons out there have proven, in recent years, that they are prepared to leave their houses armed to the nuts, and make pricks of themselves in a dangerous and unhelpful manner.

If I was responsible for Clark County, then you can be damned sure I would have my best assets guarding those bodies and that medical examiners office.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Because the rounds are a different caliber than what was portrayed and vastly divergent angles of entry I suspect

Or... some victims were hit by two different calibers at the same time?

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

being guarded by multiple police units despite the fact that the coroner is a dually elected official whose authority is among the highest of all law enforcement officials in the State of Nevada.

I don't understand the logic of "despite the fact". Why does the journalist think that having high authority should make an official less likely to be protected by police? Other duly elected officials, up to and including Presidents, also get police protection.

The reporter should not have been inserting their opinion to start with. I'm sick and tired of that personally. In fact, I disregard any article of any kind that has that type of language.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: gernblan

The reporter should not have been inserting their opinion to start with. I'm sick and tired of that personally. In fact, I disregard any article of any kind that has that type of language.

“Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed: everything else is public relations.”

― George Orwell

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: gernblan

my comment is slightly off topic, but I agree with you. I wish for days with journalists who are interested in reporting the facts, without their own opinions and reactions.

I hope the lock-down is nothing sinister.

-Alee

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
They have to keep everything on lock down, while they examine the different caliber bullet wounds made with weapons that were never recovered from the scene.

This entire event stinks to high heaven of lies, cover ups, incompetence, more lies, stalling, misdirection and secrecy, culminating in a massive false flag. At least they were better at orchestrating the last several incidents.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join