It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawmaker: Trump told soldier's widow 'he knew what he signed up for

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
What I find disgusting is that he politicized John Kelley's loss in a lame attempt to defend himself from his previous statements about Obama.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

oh how easily people are fooled when they are desperate to believe!

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
It’s a hard…almost impossible thing to tell a family about the death of their young son.

It really makes me very sad when these young people get killed in these stupid wars.

It’s sad for a lot of reasons, but one reason it’s sad is their dying for people like Trump

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
a reply to: RazorV66

We are at risk everytime we get into a car, or plane. If you lost a loved one in a crash such as that, would you want someone to say "well she knew people are in plane crashes everyday". Wouldn't that sort of be like blaming the victim?

May not be the best analogy, but you see what I mean. He could have just left it at a comforting thought.

Oh well. You think what you think.

For one thing, I don't take anything that Don Lemon from CNN and some Dem congresswoman says as gospel.
We know what their agenda is.
Everybody knows damn well that that is not all that Trump said to this grieving young woman.
You can bet that he told her that anything she needs, she will get.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
There has always been at least one guy, at any job I have had, with a mouth like Trump. They say the kind of stuff that makes you want to punch them in the face.

No empathy, no EQ, and they like it that way.

It is what it is. I don't get mad about it anymore.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
What I find disgusting is that he politicized John Kelley's loss in a lame attempt to defend himself from his previous statements about Obama.

Did Kelley come out and say that what Trump said wasn't true?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
Well what can you expect from Trump, he likes his soldiers not to be captured or brown.

This man is such an all around disgusting example of humanity how any one supports him is beyond me.

K~

Or transgender. Don't forget that.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

President Trump's honesty is one thing that makes him so appealing. At least he says it in a caring way, unlike Hillary did with families of the Benghazi victims.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

No because it's public record that he called, he also had Kelley over for breakfast soon after the funeral. I have plenty of issues with Obama but I can't can't challenge his poise as a President.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: aethertek
Well what can you expect from Trump, he likes his soldiers not to be captured or brown.

This man is such an all around disgusting example of humanity how any one supports him is beyond me.

K~

Or transgender. Don't forget that.

And tells them they're fired while they're in combat zones.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: Willtell
SOURCE

If this is true then boy oh boy

SOURCE

President Trump called the families of troops who lost their lives in the Niger raid. Congresswoman Frederica Wilson says he told the widow of Sergeant La David Johnson, "He knew what he signed up for." She talks to CNN's Don Lemon about the call.

so this isnt the widow complaining it is some dem comgresswoman?
bah
shame on them for using the widow as a political football
disgusting but a daily occurance for dems
Never let a tragedy go to waste, the Liberal MO, didn't you know?

Dumb thread.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

SOURCE

SOURCE

President Trump called the families of troops who lost their lives in the Niger raid. Congresswoman Frederica Wilson says he told the widow of Sergeant La David Johnson, "He knew what he signed up for." She talks to CNN's Don Lemon about the call.

bah

Dumb thread.

But "Dumb Threads" like these further reaffirm that President Trump is one of the best. Liberals are still making the fatal mistake of attacking a person that is only strengthened by their attacks. Keep it coming libs!

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I have never seen anyone who elicits such hatred as Trump.

I mean the guy offends so many people. It’s his body language, his words, his character flaws I don’t have to enumerate here, but just think about how he brings or draws such hatred to himself.

Often I think it’s deliberate, like Trump wants to be kicked out of office, or this is some kind of psychological operation on the world.

It reminds me of a movie with Al Pacino called, The Devils advocate. Pacino was playing the devil. In the end of the movie he said they, his tribe of demons, where going to take over and be so corrupt, so foul, so evil they would carry the stench of their ruler ship to heaven and draw God out of his hiding place

Maybe?

edit on 17-10-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

False, you and others like you display greater amounts of hate. Hypocrite much?

lead by example, however, you're no leader.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

President Trump's honesty is one thing that makes him so appealing. At least he says it in a caring way, unlike Hillary did with families of the Benghazi victims.

Says it in a caring way ? Ask the dead soldiers wife who broke down crying whether it was caring or not

Caring to whom ?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

SOURCE

SOURCE

bah

Dumb thread.

Dumb thread ? Yet you waste your time commenting on it

Dumb president!
Dumber voters!

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
People who suffer from dementia can be pretty rude at times.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Look at JinMI's thread where the full quote is shown.

Trump to widow's...

“knew what he signed up for …but when it happens it hurts anyway”

edit on 17-10-2017 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
After seeing the interview with Congresswoman Frederica Wilson. Im thinking shes pandering to her base.she is giving us her interpretation of what was said and not his actual words. Here is what she says:
"Well basically he said uummmm well i guess he knew what he signed up for but i guess it still hurts."
So we have to deal with her filter to interpret what was said.

Now if i had said say As a green beret he knew what he signed up for and was willing to die defending his country. However r the family a loss of a loved one still hurts i guess. But just know the people of this country grieve at the loss of a hero who fought toprotect our nation.

Now my script could easily be interpreted the same as Congresswoman Frederica Wilson. But the context is entirely different is it not?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

oh how easily people are fooled when they are desperate to believe!

The delicious irony of that is priceless.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join