It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colin Kaepernick files collusion grievance against NFL owners

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Is he, or is it a case of the grass always being greener?

Every backup is always a hero. If Kaep was so much better, then why were the 49ers so bad off for so long? I understand that he's only one guy on one side of the ball, but good players will still tend to stand out even on less than good teams.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Kaep took them to a SB and an NFC champ game 5-6 years ago.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Every backup is always a hero. If Kaep was so much better, then why were the 49ers so bad off for so long? I understand that he's only one guy on one side of the ball, but good players will still tend to stand out even on less than good teams.

They weren't. His rating is around 88 while having terrible recievers. He has more than twice the TD's to INT's, and a QB rating that exceeds Favre's, Culpeppers, McNabb, the great Jim Kelly...Michael Vick brutalized dogs and was sentenced as a felon...he got to play and has a QB rating well below Kaepernick.

www.profootballhof.com...

Im not so sure he's that terrible.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
What about Cleveland?

If Jesus was quarterback for the Browns he'd end up throwing a 99 yard interception return in the 4th quarter while blowing out his shoulder in tie game.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I heard they called Romo about the QB spot and he broke his collar bone answering the phone.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Dude. I wish I could give out applause.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

And?

Tebow took Denver through a playoff game too, and he's not a very good QB.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

A lot of people have been asking how to show support for Kap without supporting outside parties.
Well, here’s how!

kaepernick7.com...

By buying his $28.00 T-Shirt.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

And?

And it shows your opinion of his skill is incorrect.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

If he was good, he wouldn't have been benched.

If you know anything about sports, you've all known that player or those players who seemingly should have had it all and blew it because for whatever reason they either didn't do the work or didn't have the attitude to be what they could have been.

They get passed over in favor of players who seem to have less talent but end up making the team better because they do things right or at least better and work harder at not just being good themselves but making those around them better too.

Maybe that's where Kaep failed, and that's a pretty important quality in a football player and your QB.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

And?

And it shows your opinion of his skill is incorrect.

Not necessarily.

If he was pulling that QB rating as a backup, then he was playing against defenses who were not prepped for him. The game plan changes somewhat for a backup QB. That's what I mean about every backup being a hero.

Also because backups tend to usually play limited time, it's easier to have some nice looking stats.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

He was the starter.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
A group wants him in GB that just shows Wisconsin people drink too much.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
www.foxsports.com...
How soon people forget.

Kaepernick burned the 49ers last season after he injured his shoulder in the early part of the year and played through the injury until he was benched for poor play. Kaepernick didn’t exactly engage in a rehabilitation plan that would get him back on the field immediately and he waited to have surgery on his shoulder, knowing that if he made it to April 1 and he wasn’t fully healthy, the 49ers would have to pick up the full $11.9 million he was owed in 2016. Kaepernick had the NFLPA ready to pounce if push came to shove. It was a shrewd and a bit nefarious move by Kaepernick and it worked.

To say all of this was about anything other than money is silly.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

They weren't. His rating is around 88 while having terrible recievers. He has more than twice the TD's to INT's, and a QB rating that exceeds Favre's, Culpeppers, McNabb, the great Jim Kelly...Michael Vick brutalized dogs and was sentenced as a felon...he got to play and has a QB rating well below Kaepernick.

www.profootballhof.com...

Im not so sure he's that terrible.

You obviously dont follow football or for that matter understand quarter back ratings. His qbr was 47 in 2015 and 49.2 in 2016. Kaepernick did well his first three years because of his play style. The first two the defenses hadnt adapted at all. Now they know keep him in the pocket and he cant throw. So they blitz to contain him and he falls apart. He cant burn them from the pocket often enough forit to scare the defense. So out of 6 yrs he had 3 good ones then 3 lousy ones. He was going to be released if he didnt opt out. Th 49ers is going to set up there offense like seattle and kaepernick cant do that and it gives them 19 million back on the cap.

www.espn.com...

edit on 10/16/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Yeah. I dont know jack. Lol

Did you really start out you post like that?

Here...here are his stats. You are quoting some crazy rating numbers ill need cited to support your assertions

www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KaepCo00.html

Lmao
edit on 10/16/2017 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   

San Francisco 49ers are going to the Super Bowl. Looks like the team has done just fine without radical Colin.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I think he should just learn to code.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
I think he should just learn to code.

Or maybe start a hair styling business.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yep.

...and that really sucks, thank you very much. Only thing that could make it worse is if they were going to play the Chiefs.

Oh...right...

I hate my life.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join