It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jailed Anti-vaxxer Mom ‘Devastated’ That Her Son Was Vaccinated While She Was Behind Bars

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
5 days in the slammer for not wanting to vaccinate her son. But while she was in jail her ex hubby had the their 9 year old son vaccinated and he is now up to date on his shots.

A Michigan mother who spent five days in jail for refusing to vaccinate her son says she’s outraged and devastated to find out the boy has been fully immunized now.
newyork.cbslocal.com...

The bio dad wanted full vaccination and Rebecca Bredow did not want the vaccination for religious reasons.
So when this all went to court last year Rebecca supposedly agreed to vaccinate her son. She failed to do so so the judge held her in contempt of court for refusal to follow a previous court order from 2016.

Rebecca Bredow of Ferndale was ordered by the Oakland County Circuit Court to vaccinate her 9-year-old son at the request of the boy’s biological father, James Horne. When Bredow did not have the child receive the proper shots as she reportedly agreed to do as part of a November 2016 court case, Judge Karen McDonald found the 40-year-old in contempt of court and sentenced her to a week in the Oakland County Jail.

In Michigan it is allowed to not receive vaccines for medical, religious, and philosophical reasons. I guess the bio dad's opinion trumps mom's in this matter. Oh and the there is also a judgement for 50/50 custody now, a decision that Rebecca does not agree with. Sounds good and messy.

Michigan is one of 17 states that allows for medical, religious, and philosophical exemptions from vaccines.

Rebecca Bredow told reporters that her decision to not vaccinate her child was part of her religious beliefs and she believes it was within her rights as the boy’s mother to choose what kind of care he should have. “I still stand by my choices because I stand up for what I believe in,” Bredow added.

edit on 13-10-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I guess the bio dad's opinion trumps mom's in this matter.
Mom changed her mind after she first agreed to vaccinate. Too bad a signature on a custody order is binding.

Original thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 10/13/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Does nobody find it ironic that a woman may terminate a pregnancy without her husband's consent, but an ex-husband may force a child to be vaccinated without his mother's consent?

Second line.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterMcKill

The story said she agreed with a order from 2016 to have the child vaxxed. Then she didn't do it. She was playing with fire.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Consent may be withdrawn at any time. Fun fact: If I am having consensual sex with a woman, and she tells me to stop, I have to do so. Further, if she signed anything under Threat, Duress, or Coercion, it is invalid.

ETA: Perhaps she received new information since 2016 that led her to believe that she was endangering her child by allowing him to be vaccinated.
edit on 13-10-2017 by MisterMcKill because: ETA

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Consent may be withdrawn at any time.

Sure, if both parties to the original agreement agree to do so.

If I am having consensual sex with a woman, and she tell me to stop, I have to do so.
Not quite the same situation. Did you sign a legal agreement? A contract?

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

The story didn't go into a rape scenario.

Something doesn't add up if she can still say no to a court order but still was found in contempt. Plus it sounds like the 50/50 custody was a change from her having 100% custody. Bad day for her. Wonder if we will be hearing an appeal?

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Her lawyer sucks.. or is complicit.

ANY CONTRACT can be nullified.

However, any LEGAL advice,or counsel, will never acknowledge that fact in order to elongate litigation to extract as much money as possible.

Do you honestly think she has no recourse or remedy having signed an agreement?????

REALLY????

We have UNLIMITED right to CONTRACT...

Her lawyer is a shill...

edit on E31America/ChicagoFri, 13 Oct 2017 17:36:53 -050010pmFridayth05pm by EternalShadow because: add/correction

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I personally think that she just had really bad legal advice. There were ways around this that simply were not employed.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

If I am having consensual sex with a woman, and she tell me to stop, I have to do so.
Not quite the same situation. Did you sign a legal agreement? A contract?

You know, there is, or was, an app for that. I am not sure if it got pulled or not. But yeah, people were signing consent forms for sex.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterMcKill
a reply to: Phage

I personally think that she just had really bad legal advice. There were ways around this that simply were not employed.

Could be.
It's now moot. She went to jail for contempt of court. It's not the first time that's happened to someone.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

The story didn't go into a rape scenario.

Something doesn't add up if she can still say no to a court order but still was found in contempt. Plus it sounds like the 50/50 custody was a change from her having 100% custody. Bad day for her. Wonder if we will be hearing an appeal?

Not much to appeal though. She did the time and the kid is up to date. Basically case closed.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Does nobody find it ironic that a woman may terminate a pregnancy without her husband's consent, but an ex-husband may force a child to be vaccinated without his mother's consent?

Second line.

She did give her consent... But yes...just think if the dad said I want to keep the baby, oh the horror it would ensue.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Modified custody, and future vax.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Maybe she's putting her son in danger by using "religious belief" as the reason to not vaccinate the kid. That's why 50/50 might be best.

edit on 10-13-2017 by LogicalGraphitti because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I think that would be an uphill battle. She has already been in contempt, and she should have handled this before the fact. Now her credibility is shot. I am no lawyer, but I keep a firm on retainer at all times. I would have hoped that my lawyers would have told me not to do what she did. It really seems like it would be very difficult at this point.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Now the kid is safe from polio, measles, tetanus etc etc etc...

Unfortunately he's not safe from his mother.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Second line.

I agreee, hell, my wife wanted to take a little money out of her 401k and I had to sign a paper giving consent , which is pretty Damn stupid to me because it's not my money it's hers but the state considers it to be both of ours since we are married ..but dad can go against mom on something like this with no problems. Damn ridiculous

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Agreed, I wonder about some of the new vaccines that make the list of shot longgggg. I wonder where the common sense stopping point or too much point is.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join