It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Koch Industries: Secretly Funding the Climate Denial Machine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
True or false: "The Koch Brothers have sent at least $100,343,292 directly to 84 groups denying climate change science since 1997."

"Data above is sourced from annual IRS Form 990 filings by the Koch family foundations. See DeSmogBlog for Koch foundation 990s, and the Conservative Transparency database for archived 990 data."

A growing awareness of these oil billionaires’ destructive agenda has led to increased scrutiny and resistance from people and organizations all over the United States.

Koch Industries: Secretly Funding the Climate Denial Machine

It’s no secret that America is experiencing a crisis of economic inequality, or that Congress and the Supreme Court have made it worse by inviting the nation’s wealthiest citizens to play a dominant role in politics. What remains largely hidden, however—thanks in significant measure to the decline of serious, in-depth political journalism—is the degree to which the super-wealthy have managed to seize control of not only the electoral process, but also many of the institutions that shape the political landscape.

The Koch Brothers Have Radically Changed American Politics

Koch Brothers Net Worth Soars Past $100 Billion

Money talks, everything you post is BS! The Koch brothers and their billionaire cabal RUN this country. Case closed.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Gee , I wonder how much the UN and Gore has contributed to the other side of the coin ?

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
So they run everything and yet they can't even get a simple consensus of scientists on their side? Mmmkay...sell crazy somewhere else.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Gee , I wonder how much the UN and Gore has contributed to the other side of the coin ?

Money talks. What you just posted not so much.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
How secretive can it be if is publicly available information?

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
“But muh Soros”...

The Koch family are evil no doubt...
But they, like George Soros, are just Rothschild puppets.

Right Left Right Left Right Left...

Anything but behind the curtain.

link   
a reply to: Gothmog

And, Soros plus incredibly the US government.
edit on 13-10-2017 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: sooth
So they run everything and yet they can't even get a simple consensus of scientists on their side? Mmmkay...sell crazy somewhere else.

You just proved my point by your ignorance.

Scientists Agree: Global Warming is Happening. Humans are the Primary Cause

The analysis of the consensus is very well documented.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

If it were known, people might actually think Republicans are just as bad as Democrats. But I'm sure we will hear the usual Soros BS. If Soros is so powerful then how come the Republicans control every level of government from local to the presidency? Soros is NOTHING!

edit on 13-10-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

So you are saying that the money that Koch is spending is not working out so well?

What is your point?

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

If it were known, people might actually think Republicans are just as bad as Democrats. But I'm sure we will hear the usual Soros BS. If Soros is so powerful then how come the Republicans control every level of government from local to the presidency? Soros is NOTHING!

Easy answer, the voters!

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Oh goodie. Maybe you can be the one to come clear up this thread:
GLOBAL WARMonerging? Facts, Myths, Uncertainies and what's to come?

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

So, the Koch Brothers are not allowed to spend money that benefits their point of view if it disagrees with a consensus of scientists that push the man made climate change; therefore free speech is only available if you agree with liberals.

edit on 10/13/2017 by Bramble Iceshimmer because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/13/2017 by Bramble Iceshimmer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bramble Iceshimmer

So, the Koch Brothers are not allowed to spend money that benifits their point of view if it disagrees with a consensus of scientists that push the man made climit change; therefore free speech is only available if you agree with liberals.

They are well within their rights to pay people to push lies, and as the user posted above you showed, gullible people will believe and repeat those lies but, it's important that people should know who is paying who to push out those lies.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Money talks, everything you post is BS! The Koch brothers and their billionaire cabal RUN this country. Case closed.

Right people!

Only left wing billionaires are allowed to bribe people to get their way.

What the eff are them evil Koch bros thinking bout.

How rude!

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I just don't understand how brainwashed both sides of this debacle can be?

On one hand we do need to understand how we are polluting the earth and attempt to minimize the impact that we are having on the environment.

On the other hand, we need jobs people. Good paying quality of life jobs. Jobs that are not in a cubicle. Jobs that support manufacturing and everyday people in rural America. Not everybody is made for a desk job and your local Taco Bell and McDonald's does not pay a living wage.

It seems that people are so caught up in the "we are ruining the planet" agenda that they do not realize that the American people are being forced out of work with nothing to replace these better paying jobs.

People will flash numbers of job growth saying the economy is improving, well I can tell you for certain that rural America is suffering the effects of EPA regulations and government over reach/oversight.

Without a blue collar work force this nation will fall into a severe poverty stricken level, it is already evident and on its way, just take a trip outside of your comfort zone to small town America and see the devastation of joblessness.

But the people comfortably sitting in your apartment buildings or in yhe big city will bash this point of view. You/they will say that people deny the climate is changing. They/You will say that if we don't do anything them we are doomed.

I've said it and I will say it again, we/our children will not be able to enjoy the world if poverty gets so bad that people are burning tires and whatever they can find to stay warm.

It seems quite obvious to me that the sudden push to regulate our, the US, businesses is pushing business away from our borders.

WE NEED WORK PEOPLE

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Great Idea! push the Climate Change Cult and forget about the pollution and overpopulation

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
None of this matters to me when the answer to fix this problem is always a deep dip into my wallet.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
between this bad guy and that bad guy, there is way more garbage info out there than there is good verified info. But until a new energy source is released, and everyone is still driving cars and airplanes and ships burning fuel, I really don't think the argument is something that needs to be had.

www.esrl.noaa.gov...

Look at this. We have been all about AGW, and making changes to our planet, and yet, not a hint of any of it working. It's almost as if............we don't have as much of a say in this as some would have you believe.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Upgrade.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join