It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Reich: Republicans Considering Impeachment of Trump

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Am I the only one who believes that ATS is absolutely pro-government?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subsonic

originally posted by: ReadingOne
Mr. Reich must have an amazing memory - or perhaps he has a habit of recording his phone calls with friends so he can transcribe the convos later and publish the content word by word... Which would be rather creepy.

I am not buying that such a convo really happened and that these were the words spoken. This reads like fiction to me and I think that is what it is.

LOL! Yea, that's the one thing that made me a little doubtful about this, either he recorded the conversation, or is taking some artistic liberties with his memory. If it was your typical leftist crazy posting this I would have ignored it, but Robert Reich is not an idiot or a guy typically prone to foolishness. I'm on the fence to be honest...

Well, I disagree with you about the foolishness. Reich was a strong and outspoken supporter of Bernie Sanders up until the end of the primary, then he suddenly went full Hillbot with the "unity". "rally behind HER" talk and "bad, bad Trump" gospel. It was quite puzzling the way he turned around. I don't think I am the only Bernie Sanders supporter who was very, very disappointed with Robert Reich and what felt like a real betrayal- and personally I still don't trust him. Seems to me that this guy was just sheepdogging progressives and was an establishment Dem player all along.

Anyway, aside from what a disappointment Reich turned out to be for me personally, just pure logic tells me that it's very unlikely that this phone conversation actually happened - unless he recorded and then transcribed it, as I said. I still think it is fiction serving his political agenda, nothing more. Just my opinion.

edit on 11-10-2017 by ReadingOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

Ew.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I'm a little confused by your reply, the Reich post seemed to indicate the unnamed senator was concerned with Trump's unilateral authority to launch nuclear weapons but your post kind of confirmed that. Was that the intention or did I misread it.

a reply to: burdman30ott6

The post indicates that the GOP wants to get tax reform passed before they dump Trump. So, if this is anywhere near true, Trump is safe until after tax reform is passed.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

...or maybe some of us like and agree with the current government who, in the past, did not like or agree with past governments? Seriously, if Trump is so vastly different (as his haters clearly claim him to be) doesn't it make some sense that many who despised and distrusted the allegedly "status quo" governments of past administrations would tend to gravitate towards an administration that is the antithesis of status quo?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234
The post indicates that the GOP wants to get tax reform passed before they dump Trump. So, if this is anywhere near true, Trump is safe until after tax reform is passed.

Considering the fact that Trump is more popular among Republican voters than the GOP is since they miserably failed to repeal Obamacare, the GOP impeaching Trump will result in most of the goobers getting tossed on their asses in the next primary cycle. Trump's not going anywhere.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Subsonic

Maybe the larger part of Congress should be worried and replaced for their participation in "unseemly" tendencies that are now just coming to light.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

If this really is "the" Robert Reich's FB page, it'll be fun to see how he dances his way out of this.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Ahhh the leader of the Resistance, Robbie Reich. He was pretty funny just after the election, I see he hasn't changed.

Poor Republicans got their wittle feelings hurt because they are so ineffective at actually running the Government.

Good luck with President Pence, Robbie.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: links234

Considering the fact that Trump is more popular among Republican voters than the GOP is since they miserably failed to repeal Obamacare, the GOP impeaching Trump will result in most of the goobers getting tossed on their asses in the next primary cycle. Trump's not going anywhere.

They don't call the GOP the Stupid Party for nothing. Whether by accident or by design, they have an astonishing ability to do exactly everything the voters say they don't want and make it look like someone else's fault, except this time, they really don't have any excuses.

They are astonishingly tone deaf to life outside their little Beltway.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

That was a hilarious read! That read like some sort of comedy skit.

HAHAHAHAHA! Good one!

I like the part wherein 'He' compared Trump criticizing Sessions
to 'beating on your puppy'.

Sessions is sick, evil, and hardened, just look at his eyes if his
spoken desires don't spell it out for you.
You cannot beat on that combination too hard.
Ever. Fire his ass.

# 889

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I don't disagree, but this would be monumentally stupid of them. In the past, their foibles haven't elevated to the degree of communal self throat slitting... which is what something like impeaching Trump would amount to.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I remember Reich best as a common sense Secretary of Labor.
The best you can say is despite his rhetoric about impeaching Trump, the takeaway really is the fear Trump has engendered in BOTH parties. The level of fear seems legit.

On the other hand Trump is being babysat by three Generals so I'm not worried.
Altho he looks to be giving Kelly a run for his money.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

It's a crazy ride we're on.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
The best you can say is despite his rhetoric about impeaching Trump, the takeaway really is the fear Trump has engendered in BOTH parties. The level of fear seems legit.

THIS. I think there truly is fear about Trump because it's clear that no one can figure the guy out. That could be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on your views, but when you have a guy that makes decisions that cannot be anticipated by anyone, it can be very frightening.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78

Take a read of him since the election.....he's gone off the deep end and the far left keeps lapping it up.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Republicans will never kill the goose that laid the golden egg. Look at the stock market. Trump is a New York Business man, he's the best thing that ever happened to Wall Street. They love him.

The Pentagon, the Banksters, the factories for war. Never better.

Quantitive easing is the best thing that ever happened to Wall Street.

Soon to be the worst unfortunately.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

originally posted by: intrptr

Republicans will never kill the goose that laid the golden egg. Look at the stock market. Trump is a New York Business man, he's the best thing that ever happened to Wall Street. They love him.

The Pentagon, the Banksters, the factories for war. Never better.

Quantitive easing is the best thing that ever happened to Wall Street.

Soon to be the worst unfortunately.

Ain't that the truth....imagine being the only game in town for a decade almost.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

FAKE ...you think ? lets all sing ...bomb bomb bomb ....bomb bomb Iran ... Now tell me just what nut bar came up with those lines ....hint , it wasn't Trump ...

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Trumps a real estate salesman people, haven't you ever dealt with one. I love it, he's going after anybody and everybody. It's GREAT!!!

MAGA!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

America wins the only people that understand him are, people pushing the limits!!! On their own and their own terms!!

And Thursday night football should be real interesting.

edit on 11-10-2017 by mikell because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join