It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Reich: Republicans Considering Impeachment of Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Just read this a little while ago on Robert Reich's Facebook page. Now Reich's definitely a hard leftie, and I rarely agree with him, but I don't think he'd fabricate something like this. He is generally a well-respected guy in political circles.

This morning I phoned my old friend, a Republican former member of Congress.
Me: So what’s up? Is Corker alone, or are others also ready to call it quits with Trump?
He: All I know is they’re simmering over there.
Me: Flake and McCain have come pretty close.
He: Yeah. Others are thinking about doing what Bob did. Sounding the alarm. They think Trump’s nuts. Unfit. Dangerous.
Me: Well, they already knew that, didn’t they?
He: But now it’s personal. It started with the Sessions stuff. Jeff was as loyal as they come. Trump’s crapping on him was like kicking your puppy. And then, you know, him beating up on Mitch for the Obamacare fiasco. And going after Flake and the others.
Me: So they're pissed off?
He: Not just that. I mean, they have thick hides. The personal stuff got them to notice all the other things. The wild stuff, like those threats to North Korea. Tillerson would leave tomorrow if he wasn’t so worried Trump would go nuclear, literally.
Me: You think Trump is really thinking nuclear war?
He: Who knows what’s in his head? But I can tell you this. He’s not listening to anyone. Not a soul. He’s got the nuclear codes and, well, it scares the hell out of me. It’s starting to scare all of them. That’s really why Bob spoke up.
Me: So what could they do? I mean, even if the whole Republican leadership was willing to say publicly he’s unfit to serve, what then?
He: Bingo! The emperor has no clothes. It’s a signal to everyone they can bail. Have to bail to save their skins. I mean, Trump could be the end of the whole goddam Republican party.
Me: If he starts a nuclear war, that could be the end of everything.
He: Yeah, right. So when they start bailing on him, the stage is set.
Me: For what?
He: Impeachment. 25th amendment.
Me: You think Republicans would go that far?
He: Not yet. Here’s the thing. They really want to get this tax bill through. That’s all they have going for them. They don’t want to face voters in ’18 or ’20 without something to show for it. They’re just praying Trump doesn’t do something really, really stupid before the tax bill.
Me: Like a nuclear war?
He: Look, all I can tell you is many of the people I talk with are getting freaked out. It’s not as if there’s any careful strategizing going on. Not like, well, do we balance the tax bill against nuclear war? No, no. They’re worried as hell. They’re also worried about Trump crazies, all the ignoramuses he’s stirred up. I mean, Roy Moore? How many more of them do you need to destroy the party?
Me: So what’s gonna happen?
He: You got me. I’m just glad I’m not there anymore. Trump’s not just a moron. He’s a despicable human being. And he’s getting crazier. Paranoid. Unhinged. Everyone knows it. I mean, we’re in # up to our eyeballs with this guy.

Robert Reich Facebook post

Wow. If this is legit, this is indeed deeply concerning. Thoughts?

+21 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Subsonic

I think it's fake news.
why do I say that?

Only the President can direct the use of nuclear weapons by U.S. armed forces, including the Single Integrated Operational Plan (SIOP). While the President does have unilateral authority as commander-in-chief to order that nuclear weapons be used for any reason at any time, the actual procedures and technical systems in place for authorizing the execution of a launch order requires a secondary confirmation under a two-man rule, as the President's order is subject to secondary confirmation by the Secretary of Defense. If the Secretary of Defense does not concur, then the President may in his sole discretion fire the Secretary. The Secretary of Defense has legal authority to approve the order, but cannot veto it.

en.wikipedia.org...

It's always cool to believe things that make you feel good, but to blindly believe something makes you gullible, and sad.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Republicans will never kill the goose that laid the golden egg. Look at the stock market. Trump is a New York Business man, he's the best thing that ever happened to Wall Street. They love him.

The Pentagon, the Banksters, the factories for war. Never better.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

They think Trump’s nuts. Unfit. Dangerous.

Yes yes we hear it all the time and nothing new. Fear mongering and power struggles are what is the problem.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
All the referenced names are Senators. Impeachment starts in the House.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

That was a hilarious read! That read like some sort of comedy skit.

So if everyone bailed on Trump, that would be grounds for impeachment? Can you confirm this?

HAHAHAHAHA! Good one!

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Well maybe Mr. Trump should fire pence and put Pelosi in there. Maybe they would change their tune, or better yet, Hilary. Everyone hates her>

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Trump’s not just a moron. He’s a despicable human being. And he’s getting crazier. Paranoid. Unhinged.

What amazes me is that it's taken a lot of people this long to figure this out. Probable dementia, an ego the size of God, doesn't listen to anyone, and has the nuclear codes.

Good times.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Mr. Reich must have an amazing memory - or perhaps he has a habit of recording his phone calls with friends so he can transcribe the convos later and publish the content word by word... Which would be rather creepy.

I am not buying that such a convo really happened and that these were the words spoken. This reads like fiction to me and I think that is what it is.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

If Nixon can get drunk and order a nuclear strike without problems, then Trump is fine.

In case anyone is wondering: Nixon slept it off and said he was sorry the next day.

edit on 10 11 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
so this is going to go under LOL right?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadingOne
Mr. Reich must have an amazing memory - or perhaps he has a habit of recording his phone calls with friends so he can transcribe the convos later and publish the content word by word... Which would be rather creepy.

I am not buying that such a convo really happened and that these were the words spoken. This reads like fiction to me and I think that is what it is.

LOL! Yea, that's the one thing that made me a little doubtful about this, either he recorded the conversation, or is taking some artistic liberties with his memory. If it was your typical leftist crazy posting this I would have ignored it, but Robert Reich is not an idiot or a guy typically prone to foolishness. I'm on the fence to be honest...
edit on 11-10-2017 by Subsonic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

I think that's probably where it's headed.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Deeply concerning? Hahaha

Thoughts? It's going to be a long 7 more years for the Trump haters.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Remember every second week when we heard Obama was going to be impeached?

Remember how that didn't happen?

Me too.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

There is no difference between establishment republicans and establishment democrats.

I know this now.

They (republicans) would have preferred Hillary and would have "reluctantly" passed anti-freedom laws.

The republicans are liars.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

Every President gets threatened with Impeachment. The two party dog and pony show.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

...and confetti and balloons descend on Reich as he becomes the 1,000,000th personality to claim insider information of the "immanent impeachment of Donald Trump" since Inauguration Day. Seriously, how many times is the little boy going to cry wolf before people stop knee jerking to this delusional name dropping and flailing attempt to appear "in the know?"

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The liberals hooked you on this B.S.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join