It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Ghosts’ Caught On Camera At Famed Stanley Hotel In Colorado

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   
‘Ghosts’ Caught On Camera At Famed Stanley Hotel In Colorado

A photograph taken at the Colorado hotel that helped to inspire Stephen King’s bestselling novel “The Shining” shows what appears to be two “ghosts.”

The Mausling family of Aurora, Colorado, participated in a “spirit tour” at the 108-year-old Stanley Hotel in Estes Park last month. After returning home, they noticed a photo taken by John “Jay” Mausling that seemed to show a young girl walking down the stairs.

Source

The group didn't see anything during that time that would allude to a child on the stairs. Professional analysis shows no trickery.

Interesting to share for a break in the madness. I'm still skeptical but believe it's a rather nice shot nearly possible-depending on the viewer- that the photo appears to have a a little girl standing at the top of the stairs looking towards the group(IMO).

On the ascending stairs below the woman standing there, looks to be another anomaly, looks more like a double exposure there. I wonder if there's a larger or panographic view of the group in that location during that time?

Nice catch or just an error with the camera?

edit on 7-10-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2017 by dreamingawake because: source // IMO

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

It is obvious in many parts of the picture that the exposure time is rather long.

The obvious explanation thus is that the woman in white simply moved a bit while the picture was taken.

Just like the woman in the right hand side of the picture with the equally ghostly jacket on her arm, or the kid with the equally ghostly head in the top right side.

Of course, we *could* assume that the photo has captured a genuinely transparent being and that it is just coincidental that other parts of the picture too show same sort of transparency.

But..
edit on 7-10-2017 by DupontDeux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   

DupontDeux makes a killer point. It isn't a CCTV image rather than someone on the upper staircase/balcony with a hand-held camera. That puts the clothing of the figure into doubt imo and begs the primary question of a set-up.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Fuller ghost pic

Looks like there may have been something over the lens, or given how the other lights look, this doesn't pass the smell test of ghosts.

In fact I'm thinking that this may be nothing more than a panoramic photo error. I wonder what kind of camera took the pic, and how was it edited?
edit on 7-10-2017 by Guyfriday because: Blah Blah Blah

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Have you noticed the picture of a man in the bowler hat? Looks like one of those moving ones from Hogwarts.

Yes, it looks like a finger smudged the lens which often creates that effect. It happened a lot on my last phone.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
The objects closest to the camera will move the greatest distance relative to the camera image. Someone walking down the stairs is going to be nearest.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Does anyone in wonder why the ghost is in the center of the picture? I think the "Ghost" looks to be CGI. So combine those two things, a picture of a staircase with A bunch of people sitting around on the outer edges, and a CGI of a figure, and you have this picture.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Yeah, on the fuller pic, there are 2 "ghosts".
This is a exposure thing. gotta remain still or become a ghost...still, its a cool pic for the ole imagination if you block out the obvious. Certainly better than "orbs"

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I'm so tired of "orbs".

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Maybe the photo is real, maybe not. Those of us that have encountered real ghosts don't care what others believe. We know what we saw. I lived in a very old house when I was in college. It was in the historic district of town. My two cats always acted weird and would hiss and meow at things all the time, I brushed it off and didn't think much of it. Strange things always happened, like the kitchen sink turning on and off by itself, I chalked it up to very old plumbing. One night I was in my kitchen doing dishes. I turned around and as clear as day a "being" was looking at me in the window, it appeared to be bald and wearing a red shirt. The kitchen was on the second floor and there wasn't stairs. I screamed, cried and hid under a chair. The people with me in the next room did not see it but believed I did based on my reaction. We checked around the house to look for ladders or anything unusual, nothing. Soon after I found out the house belonged to a doctor at the turn of the century and he used to treat patients in that house. Sometimes at night we used to hear a digging sound, clank clank, digging digging. It was the most unsettling sound i've ever heard. Believe me when I say I could not wait until that lease ended and I got out of that spooky place. I will never forget it and never judge people that "saw" something.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Maybe the photo is real, maybe not. Those of us that have encountered real ghosts don't care what others believe. We know what we saw.

Im gonna stop you right there.
First, you don't speak for "those of us", you speak for yourself.
Many people who have had profound supernatural encounters are the most vocal debunkers and with good reason, they want to shove away the BS in order to bring to the surface the actual truth behind it.
If this photo was proven real..and proven proven, then consider what could be gained...with some study, a way to photo and even perhaps film "ghosts"...a technological breakthrough eventually that allows us to talk to aunt milly once she passes on...

It matters when there is mistakes and hoaxes...and its important to seperate the wheat from the chaff

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

The problem with ghosts/supernatural occurrences/aliens etc. is that many people will never believe it is real until they have experienced it in person. Even if this photo was proven real, a lot of people would still not believe it. I at one point was one of those people. I was generalizing when I said "those of us", sorry if I offended you by lumping you in that group. Some of the most bone chilling authentic "encounter" stories I've heard come from people that aren't vocal at all, they actually want to forget it even happened.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
The one on the left looks odd, reminds me of a fantasy movie inn bartender or something, also looks like it has no lower body? Obviously many areas of the photo are blurred so it's hard to say for sure, I just thought it was worth pointing out.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
sorry. I have had loads of experiences but this looks like motion blur to me.

new topics

top topics

join