It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spain's King says Catalan leaders broke the laws of the state

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: pavil

I really like that movie...my wife's favorite.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Oh funny. Harvey Corman is in this and I've never seen it. Will have to watch it sometime.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ADSE255

Good.

They can bitch and moan all they want. Its like the more you give people the more thugish they get.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

That's so very #ing true..

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ADSE255

Looks like Spain is deploying some military units to the region.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Thank you, I'll have a look!

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

the assembly was not illegal. Organising the vote was , but the actual voting or the assembly of people was not made illegal. It doesn"t make any sense to display that much disappropiate violence to its own citizens, who are only gattering in the streets, in schools, in a peaceful protest so that their voice can be heard.

You can try whatever you want, but the violence was not justified at all

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I don't know enough of the details and history to hold a firm opinion yet.

But I do feel for the Catalans.... I've had a girlfriend from Catalan and they really really do not identify as Spanish. They get very offended when people refer to them as such. I was surprised how deep this goes in them. They feel captive of Spain and the resentment is bitter and strong. This is only going to gain intensity... and I am afraid, in violence as well.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
The 'constitution' adopted was during reign of Franco, a fascist. It may have been signed to at the time, under coercion.

The present Spanish constitution was written and adopted after Franco's death.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

The 'constitution' adopted was during reign of Franco, a fascist. It may have been signed to at the time, under coercion.

The present Spanish constitution was written and adopted after Franco's death.

Franco was dead, the gubment wasn't. If fascism ongoing isn't apparent enough we should review the Authoritarian means used to suppress the referendum, today.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

After Franco's death they had democratic elections. The people elected on those elections were responsible for the new constitution. That new constitution was then accepted in a national referendum .

I'm sure that "Francoism" was still active (specially considering that it ended just because of Franco's death), but the people did have a say in the process, it wasn't a "gubment" thing forced onto the people.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

After Franco's death they had democratic elections. The people elected on those elections were responsible for the new constitution. That new constitution was then accepted in a national referendum .

I'm sure that "Francoism" was still active (specially considering that it ended just because of Franco's death), but the people did have a say in the process, it wasn't a "gubment" thing forced onto the people.

They still have a king too. Im not confused by their assertions of democratic process, as exemplified by the recent Franco style repression of voting rights (those democratic constitutional guarantees you mentioned).

By the by, so you know, I use spelling 'gubment' to refer to the Establishment out of respect for Woodwardjnr. He used to spell it 'gubment', too.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

My own little tribute in his wake, like the line thru the ATS logo.
edit on 5-10-2017 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Yall bitched about the south leaving th eunion and we were wrong correct? These people too are wrong then too. Or was the south justified if we are using th esame measure for a seperate state?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: whismermill

the assembly was not illegal. Organising the vote was , but the actual voting or the assembly of people was not made illegal. It doesn"t make any sense to display that much disappropiate violence to its own citizens, who are only gattering in the streets, in schools, in a peaceful protest so that their voice can be heard.

You can try whatever you want, but the violence was not justified at all

If th esouth was nto allowwed to leave the US ..Catalan should not be able to leave Spain.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Russia caused all this. They have funded the vote in part I believe, an illegal vote, and even helped print the ballot papers. Look into this if you don't believe me.

I don't believe you. Please provide information pointing to such dynamics.

It was part of their plan to destabilise the EU in any way they could. They will try and do it lots more, too.

If you want to go down that conspiracy rabbit hole of blaming Russia for attempting to destabilize the EU and specifically Spain, then I suggest weighing the past and present actions of this imperial monster: USA.

After all, Identity Federalism has long been a tactic of the US empire.

The concept of Identity Federalism is key to the US’ foreign policy designs in the post-1991 world order, becoming even more important in the era of the New Cold War. The US is currently engaged in waging and planning a variety of Hybrid Wars across the world...

“The grand objective behind every Hybrid War is to disrupt multipolar transnational connective infrastructure projects through externally provoked identity conflicts (ethnic, religious, regional, political, etc.) within a targeted transit state.”

PART I: Identity Federalism: From “E Pluribus Unum” To “E Unum Pluribus”: niiglob.ru...

Kind of like what the US is doing in Ukraine, Syria, Yemen, Libya, Somalia, Venezuela, Myanmar, Iraq, Afghanistan, and so on...

Q: Who has more to gain from *secessionism* in Spain and the *regionalization of Europe*—the US or Russia?

Q: Who has history shown had the most to gain from a colour revolution...?

IMO, this whole Catalan Controversy is an attempt by the UN and EU to STRENGTHEN itself while stifling this growing movement of regional independence that is spreading throughout Europe.

After all, have you been paying attention to the murmuring coming out of Hungary and Belgium lately...?

Btw, I surprised you didn't blame the Russians for Brexit as well...

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Yall bitched about the south leaving th eunion and we were wrong correct? These people too are wrong then too. Or was the south justified if we are using th esame measure for a seperate state?

You mis-represent me. I never have 'bitched' about the south seceding. Quite the opposite, sherlock.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

They still have a king too.

No, they have a king again, during Franco's regime they didn't have one, he lived in Portugal.

Also, they can have a king and be a democracy.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

You mis-represent me. I never have 'bitched' about the south seceding. Quite the opposite, sherlock.

User names are confusing sometimes k? I do have dyslexia and memory issues. if im wrong apologies but I should had said The left and big government types instead i guess.

POint is though that they complained about the south doing the same thing and for just as good of reasons to do so(minus slavery). So I say since we coudnt leave no one else should be able to leave.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I see, yah you had me wrong pn that account and, thanks for owning it.

I see lots of referendums in the Big Happy EU lately.

Who wouldn't be tired of all that 'Austerity' ?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

mmm... kay. I happen to disagree. Kingdoms, fiefdoms, peasants, serfs and slaves.

Lots of that going round under different labels. We Intervene (invade) countries and 'regime change' (assassinate) them in the name of Democracy too. The suppressive action taken by the Crown against voting in Catalonia is not what I call democratic. That was to prevent a vote the Crown knew it would lose.

Seems the serfs and peasants aren't happy about it. Three hundred thousand turned out to protest the police brutality.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join