It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jonathon Livingston Seagull

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I have a guru of sorts. He's an amazing teacher. He had mentioned that Jonathon Livingston Seagull was what set him on his path to where he is today. I didn't know him before, couldn't have, as he is nearly 70. But he mentioned it again, and since I adore Richard Bach's Illusions, and count
THAT as one of my formative reads, I decided to read the sister book.

It was great. 28 pages. I should have read it years ago. Either JLS or Illusions are great doors to open to seek a better perspective.

Would love some suggestions along the same vein. I will have a month or 2 with a lot of spare time, and I'd like to fit more reading into it.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

Jonathan Livingston Seagull has stuck in my mind since reading it in grade school some 45 years ago.

It should be the theme book for X-games athletes and other thrill seekers.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Siddartha by hesse

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Great book.

Check out "One" by same author.

You may also enjoy "Nei Kung" by Kosta Danaos for real life application of concepts from Illusions. Can get free in PDF form.
edit on 10/3/2017 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Remember watching the movie when I was a kid. It was pretty good. Still remember all of the songs Neil Diamond sung in it. It's the movie that introduced me to Neil Diamond and his music.

Here's one of the songs:

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
I will have a month or 2 with a lot of spare time, and I'd like to fit more reading into it.

Did you check out Zosimov's Home Library and Top 100 Essential Texts?

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho was recently given to me. It's an easy read and it's undertones aren't too nebulous, but it refreshed my perspective about being true to your real personal goals, and how to shed the things that can lead you astray from becoming the person you truly want to become. I highly recommend it.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

If you liked Illusions, you might also like "Joshua" and the rest of the series.

Enjoy

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I have not, but will be checking it out!

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: denybedoomed

Yes.... I don't know why I haven't read it. It's been on my bookshelf but I think it was given to another before I got to it. Thanks for recalling it to my mind.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

I LOVE when I can get a free PDF of books.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: InspectorGadget13

Awesome! Will be looking that on every up as well! Thanks

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Did some googling and that sounds like an interesting read. Even the Catholic answers type page I found didn't have much negative to say, aside from it not conforming to orthodoxy, which is fine by me.

Thanks!

top topics

join