It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who did the Vegas Shooter Work For?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
This is the only question I have, if something else that bothers me about this story comes up, well I'll post another thing. Usually I post satirical content but I don't intend to start an argument, or post anything sarcastic on this thread. That's gonna be my rule for this thread.

So I was reading an article from the NYT and though I really don't like the paper, I'd say that until we get other content from the web, let's just go with this. Here's what bugs me from the article:

Stephen Paddock attended college, his family said, and worked for a predecessor company to Lockheed Martin, the aerospace contracting company, from 1985 to 1988. Lockheed Martin confirmed his employment but did not identify the company for which Mr. Paddock worked

Okay, so on this forum, we've all heard of Lockheed Martin and we know what they're about. If you don't know, you could look it up or probably just watch the thread for updates. I just don't want to waste your reading time or my typing time. I don't like typing things that I don't fee like typing. I do not understand why no one can tell us the name of the predecessor company that Paddock worked for. The brother said nothing, the family said nothing, and no friends have come out and said anything, nor his coworkers.

Who the hell did this guy work for?
This story is bizarre.

edit on 3-10-2017 by redpills because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-10-2017 by redpills because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-10-2017 by redpills because: TYPO TYPO TYPO

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I know GE Space was a predecessor of Lockheed Martin.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Junkheap

Are there multiple predecessors. I'm not sure how company "predecessoring," so to speak, works. It seems that you know a bit about this sort of thing.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I’m also curious what exactly he did that made him a multi millionaire, I know most jobs that are related to aircraft/aerospace pay well but not enough to make you a multi millionaire.

I’m sure we will get every detail of this mans life as time goes on and they complete the investigation.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
My guess is that the "predecessor company" was Lockheed Engineering & Sciences Company (LESC).

I think I have it right that Paddock was an accountant - in which case it's interesting to note that LESC paid a huge settlement to NASA for inflating various costs as a subcontractor. (MIght explain why L-M are being so coy about which company.)

Even more interesting given the video of the Paddock-"lookalike" in the pink NASA T-shirt.

Probably just a bunch of coincidences.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: redpills

Martin Marietta and Lockheed Corporation each merged with about 10 companies before merging themselves, wiki got you covered on who merged who.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: 772STi

I hope so, it just seems like something as simple as who he worked for would come out immediately, given that he had family, friends he'd party with, and the like. This guy was connected but the thing you mentioned about how he made his millions is definitely what bothers me.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Solid, that narrows it down, now we just have to find out about his employment.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
This case looked a lot like the church tower shooter from 1966 but no, it's got many holes in it.....

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
My best guess is that he was a serial killer, and pretty damn good one. There's a lot of money in that business, and his excessive gambling habits would make it impossible to track the source of his income.

This shooting has the mark of a well executed operation as opposed to a lone wolf shooter. The weapons and ammo may have been dropped in different areas throughout the hotel for him to pick up, or even delivered to his room by various people. ISIS could very well be behind this as they are the only organization I know of whose motive fits the crime. However, it just doesn't quite strike me as an ISIS attack.

EDIT: And by serial killer I mean specifically a hitman
edit on 3-10-2017 by Wang Tang because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Real estate was mentioned. His brother also said he invested in a piece of real estate with him. There was another story where he owned a home for three years and sold it after his speculation panned out and the home increased in value. The neighbors were asked what he was like and they said he bragged about hitting 20k on a slot machine and showed them pics on his phone. The girlfriend lived at a place he owned when they met. Real estate keeps coming up.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Why isn't the media asking these question? Where are all of these "journalist" who just want to "speak truth to power"? They seem more interested in pushing an agenda and deflecting from questions like these.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

With such a voluminous financial record, there is bound to be something that smells fishy there.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Some more coincidences, for those who like that sort of thing.

The Mandalaya hotel is owned by MGM, who are of course best-known as the Hollywood studio Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer.

Lockheed Martin has extensive ties to Hollywood, since the company "matured" in that area of California and was the prime driver behind most of the urban-suburban population growth there in the middle of the 20th century. During WWII MGM was just one of many studios (Disney being the prime player) which helped to conceal a Lockheed Corporation aircraft factory by building a decoy town on top of it.

MGM's current president is Jonathan Glickman, son of Dan Glickman, former representative for Kansas (4th congressional district). During his time in politics, Glickman senior sponsored legislation to make things easier for aircraft manufacturers, and was chairman of the House Intelligence Committee (1993-95).

ETA: One of Lockheed's "elite" suppliers is still headquartered in Kansas, see this story. Goes to show the depth and duration of these industrial links.

Make of that what you will.
edit on 3-10-2017 by audubon because: typo

edit on 3-10-2017 by audubon because: link added

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I have found this all odd as well, I think there are bigger fish out there. I mean they are not releasing anything about this guy.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Is it possible this guy was a CIA Asset that went off the rails cuckoo and they don't want that out,hence the silence from everyone about this and the fact they are letting the rumor mill and conspiracies run rampant?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: redpills

With such a voluminous financial record, there is bound to be something that smells fishy there.

That's the same theory Robert Mueller is using for his witch-hunt.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: redpills

He owned 4 apartment complexes in Las Vegas.And bought and sold various houses. The latter was just for pocket money I suppose.
Need I say more????

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Now, here's a thing.

Paddock had a brother called Bruce.. Bruce is described (in that linked story) as living in California. Bruce and Stephen had/have a brother called Eric, who lives in Orlando, Florida.

There's a Bruce Paddock who is a multi-millionaire, having founded Paddock Laboratories in 1977 before selling it a few years ago. Last year, Bruce spent $16m on a mansion house in Fort Lauderdale.

The laboratory Bruce Paddock is listed (White Pages) as currently living in "Fort Lauderdale" having previously lived in "Minneapolis" (MN). But according to a "rich-and-famous" tour site, he is also listed as living in a handsome ocean-facing mansion Wayzata (MN).

Is Bruce Paddock (brother of Stephen) the same person as the "Paddock Labs" Bruce?

Since "Paddock Labs" Bruce is so wealthy, and apparently has two separate houses, is California just the location of another of his homes? This could explain why Stephen left Florida for California, quitting the East Coast for the West, a choice which is otherwise unexplained (so far). He was travelling from one brother to be near another.

Here is a profile of the millionaire Bruce Paddock. Looks quite similar (jaw, eyes, nose) to Stephen. Biography claims his father died when he was 12. Stephen's father was sent to prison when Stephen was 15. The ages at which each Paddock "lost" their fathers roughly line up.

Is the dead father story a cover for an embarrassing bit of personal history? That's exactly what the Paddock kids were told when Paddock Snr went to prison.

Mr. Paddock and his three brothers were raised by their mother, who told the children that their father had died when in fact he was in prison, Eric Paddock said.

So:

1)Stephen Paddock was a millionaire, but no-one's really sure how.
2) His brother Bruce Paddock has the same name as a pharmaceutical millionaire.
3) The millionaire Bruce Paddock has a large house, a two-hour drive south of Melbourne (where Stephen lived), which in turn is a two hour drive south of Orlando (where the other Paddock brother (Eric) lives).
4) Bruce bought his Florida home within a year of Stephen moving from Florida to California.
5) Stephen moved to California, where his other brother claims to live

It could all be coincidence, or perhaps there's something murkier going on. Anyway, here it is, in case anyone can make sense of it (if there is sense behind it at all).
edit on 3-10-2017 by audubon because: clarification

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Look at all the reports on the news and you'll see that they are using only first and last name of the perp and the brothers (and GF) which is extremely odd considering there are many other people with same name out there, so they are opening up liability for these people being mistaken as being related to the perp and getting attacked, which is why they use full names, first, middle, last when reporting killers most often.

This kind of smells like play acting due to this as adding a middle name either gives too much info (too specific which could be proven wrong and or if someone named this is still alive, then that could be a major problem).

Remember that all the News media and probably any state actors, if they are involved, are incorporated in some fashion and can be taken to court if they are found negligent or guilty of something, thus they have to be vague or intentionally misleading.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join