It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So kneeling is disrespectful but booing isn't?!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: bigsnowman

BOOING during the national anthem!! Do these people not realize just how hypocritical this is?

They're booing the kneeling, probably. The kneeling is about police brutality.

Geez what a bunch of minions.

They're booing the kneeling because to them, the kneeling is about disrespecting the anthem and country.

The players think otherwise, but Kaepernick started it and his stated intent was indeed to disrespect the anthem and country.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Apparently , you dont keep up with US news or sports. Your answer is here ^^^^^
Basically , the only fans showing up for the games are the ones with season tickets . And even they are booing the kneeling players
Colin Kaepernick started this kneeling. No , I dont believe it was a protest. This quarterback had taken his team , the 49ers from first to worst in their division . There were talks of trades . Now , if the 49ers get shed of an under-performing quarterback , guess what he gets to claim ? Smart move.Job security where he had very little before.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

How does he have job security? He's an unsigned free agent.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

How does he have job security? He's an unsigned free agent.

Apparently , if you keep up with sports ,was concerned no other team would take him at his price.
Free agents have to be wanted by other teams . Thats why they remain free agents.
And , as a side note , the back up QB Hoyer has slowly been benching Colin.
Done
Next

edit on 10/1/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

The fact that I know he is unsigned means I follow sports. He doesn't have a job, thus he has no job security.

The backup quarterback cannot 'bench' him since Kaepernick isn't on the team anymore.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

He was released and is currently unemployed.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The fact that I know he is unsigned means I follow sports. He doesn't have a job, thus he has no job security.

The backup quarterback cannot 'bench' him since Kaepernick isn't on the team anymore.

Ah , yes. You are correct again. I did not keep up with the NFL this year due to the politicizing. Shows my patriotism to the country. But , apparently I am still correct in a way. Colin was not picked up by any team..which just backs up my post . Seems as if Baltimore put forward an offer , and his girlfriend's politicized tweet about the team owner put an end to that.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

He was released and is currently unemployed.

See my other post.
I realized. The article I read was from 2016.
No , I havent kept up with the NFL at all this season for the reasons of introducing politics into sports. But , I stand by my remarks on why Colin started the entire deal . Seems as if no one has been able to knock that one out yet. Just pointing out my mistake
And , if you read my post above , you will see that he got a good offer from the Baltimore Ravens . Then again politics got in his way and the Ravens withdrew the offer.
Which , just backs up the reasoning behind my post.

Someone give me a rebuttal on the reasoning behind the start of the kneeling. That was the point . Not what team he was playing on.
But now , without a team picking him up , how about a book opportunity ?
Life in the NFL by Colin Kaepernick
Seems like he will have plenty of time.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Apparently , you dont keep up with US news or sports. Your answer is here ^^^^^
Basically , the only fans showing up for the games are the ones with season tickets . And even they are booing the kneeling players
Colin Kaepernick started this kneeling. No , I dont believe it was a protest. This quarterback had taken his team , the 49ers from first to worst in their division . There were talks of trades . Now , if the 49ers get shed of an under-performing quarterback , guess what he gets to claim ? Smart move.Job security where he had very little before.

But , apparently I am still correct in a way.

No you’re not even close to correct because what you insinuate with the bolded statement is that he “gets to claim” racism (don’t act like that’s not what you’re insinuating either) if he doesn’t get signed by someone.

He hasn’t been signed. For a long time.
He hasn’t “claimed” racism for his absence.

So no, you’re are not correct at all.
edit on 1-10-2017 by Hazardous1408 because: Autocorrect.

edit on 1-10-2017 by Hazardous1408 because: Autocorrect!

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Kneeling during the national anthem is disrespecting. Stop the stupid kneeling and the booing will stop.

edit on 1-10-2017 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

This reminds me if those jerks in a theater who loudly yell, at length, at the people in the back because they were whispering.

Or burning down a China shop to drive the bull out.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

They're booing the kneeling because to them, the kneeling is about disrespecting the anthem and country.

Or there brothers are cops.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I think their whole means of protesting is misguided and they are too stupid to realize it.

kneeling is a sign of submission, so they are submitting to the country that the national anthem represents.

black people are ALWAYS complaining that their entire race is judged by the actions of a "FEW" black people, but isn`t that what these black sports figures are also doing? they are judging the law enforcement agencies in the entire country by the actions of a few,and not only the law enforcement agencies but everyone in the country.

there is no national law enforcement agency,the national anthem represents everyone in the country.

if these millionare athletes feel so strongly about "innocent" black folks being killed by the police why don`t they only kneel when they are playing games in cities or states that they feel have killed "innocent" black folks? or even better why don`t they give up their multi million dollar contracts to play sports and go join the Detroit police force, or the Baltimore police force and show us the "right" way that the police should defend themselves against a violent armed segment of the population?

I guess it`s safer and easier to disrespect the entire country than it is to give up their millions and put their asses on the line.
I have no respect for these drama queens or the cause they are protesting against.
edit on 1-10-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

The players think otherwise, but Kaepernick started it and his stated intent was indeed to disrespect the anthem and country.

No it was not. It was to state that black people were not represented in the justice system equally, therefor the flag and anthem did not either.

Anyway, it's free speech for everyone all around it seems. Boo away...

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

No it was not. It was to state that black people were not represented in the justice system equally, therefor the flag and anthem did not either.

Anyway, it's free speech for everyone all around it seems. Boo away...

yep, and black folks have already been boycotting the NFL since kaspernick hasn`t been signed to a new team, now the NFL has pissed off veterans and loyal americans who also boycotting them, if the NFL keeps pissing people off they won`t be around long,or at the very least the NFL players and owners will be making a lot less money.

it seems to me that the NFL has ostracized their major consumer base by pissing off the black folks and the true americans, maybe the NFL is hoping that illegal immigrants and housewives will take a sudden liking to football.i think the NFL has made a few yuge mistakes.

they will eventually see the light when the profits start dwindling and then they will start kissing ass, but it will be too late for me because it will prove that are just swinging dicks that go whichever way the wind blows, they only care about profits and will throw anyone and everyone under the bus to maintain those profits.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Wow the players protest fizzled after only a week? That didn't take long.

Point: Trump.

I expected the Players to keep going the wrong direction. I guess they got the message. Even owners are chiming in.

Point:Trump.

Hard to look at any other way. Though I'm sure some will spin it as anything other than Vindication for Trump on this topic.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

There are vets and others that support the protests too. The same players that knelt before last week, knelt today, the ones that didn't... didn't. The ones that didn't join before (including owners and coaching staff), didn't join at all... they were just there for one time in solidarity with those that choose to protest or to tell Trump to GTFO.

I don't think the NFL is in any kind of danger.
edit on 10/1/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

There are vets and others that support the protests too. The same players that knelt before last week, knelt today, the ones that didn't... didn't. The ones that didn't join before (including owners and coaching staff), didn't join at all... they were just there for one time in solidarity with those that choose to protest or to tell Trump to GTFO.

I don't think the NFL is in any kind of danger.

the NFL is a money making corporation so if they aren`t making more money then they are in danger,corprations consider losing losing any amount of money as a danger sign because making more money is their only goal.

I never meant to imply that all black people and all vets were boycotting the NFL, I just meant that any loss of viewers and supporters is a loss of profits to the NFL and any loss of profits is considered blasphemy to the corporate stock holders,even NFL stock holders.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

...true americans...

They would be the ones who support the Right to protest, correct?

Or are you talking about those people who are frothing at the mouth about inalienable Rights, that somehow apply to Nazis, but not African American athletes?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Is that what they are kneeling for?Libtards never use actual numbers,there is no police brutality,if that were the case more white people have been arrested,and more incidents involving them,just another case of"we hate Trump",no need for brain,they will do the thinking for you

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join