It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror Attack in Alberta Canada , Police officer and 4 pedestrians injured

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingMonkeyInSpace
a reply to: TonyS

"prayers" some moron who also prays just ran over some people 5 blocks from me, keep your distasteful prayers in your head with the other voices.

We'll pray if we want to.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Yup. In my town the RCMP are mandated to not give chase to vehicles that flee from them for public safety concerns. In fact, as soon as they report a fleeing vehicle the officer is instructed to turn off their lights and siren and pull over so that their GPS registers zero speed.

edit on 1-10-2017 by CraftBuilder because: Clarified sentence

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: WUNK22

Hmm so you act as though there are a lot of terrorist attacks in Canada.

From what I can see, this is the first in a year....

The last one I remember were Surrey crackhead that the RCMP were coaching for terrorist attack. When the judge found out he we went up one side of the RCMP and down the other. At least we now have a benchmark for how far police are allowed to go to fabricate attacks. That was too far apparently lol.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I didn't say you couldn't pray, you god fearing dolt. It's distasteful.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: CraftBuilder

Yup. In my town the RCMP are mandated to not give chase to vehicles that flee from them for public safety concerns. In fact, as soon as they report a fleeing vehicle the officer is instructed to turn off their lights and siren and pull over so that their GPS registers zero speed.

This is Edmonton city police though. I wonder of they have the same restrictions?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Could be, even moreso in bigger cities..the RCMP get into too much trouble when there is collateral damage..same for a local police force.
I don't know that they pull over but you can be sure they slow it down, if possible they have the helicopter monitor and direct other cruisers to catch them at another point.
edit on 1-10-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

a reply to: TonyS

"prayers" some moron who also prays just ran over some people 5 blocks from me, keep your distasteful prayers in your head with the other voices.

We'll pray if we want to.

Good intentions (vibes, prayers, hopes, etc) should always be welcomed.
With this type of thing, terrorist attacks and/or random violence, there's not really anything else one can do....😕

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
The number of attacks is directly proportionate to the number in a nation. It ain't rocket science.

Japan ONLY Admits 27 Muslim ‘Refugees’, Two Already Arrested For Gang Rape

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Who wants to bet that the perp was already under surveillance and known by the authorities.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

You want to know the secret of what to do? You move on and continue living your life without fear.

And you're pity prayers have absolutely zero effect on peoples lives, and do you want to know what does effect peoples lives?

God fearing human beings, praying they run down people with a uhaul truck.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: pavil

Will suck even more if he's born there, huh?
. Probably. How in Canada, could a native citizen become radicalized to that point? We will see who is correct. Either way Islam is the common thread.

Actually, the common thread is law enforcement.

Why is the only specific detail given by LEO the flag that was found? Not a name, no known history of the detainee. They police have only started the investigation but in the mean time LEO holds a flag in the air but say nothing about. Media picks it up and now our prime minister has to make a Sunday announcement denouncing terrorists...

I'll tell you what terrorism is. It's scaring the # out of everyone so that you can justify your budgets to fight terror that never happened in this country. The parliament attack? Ya ok. I guy with a gun that everyone let walk by then till a 70 year old man took him out. The attempted thanks giving massacre? That was 2 Surrey crackheads that had no idea what the police were training them to do? Am I missing any?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

You want to know the secret of what to do? You move on and continue living your life without fear.

And you're pity prayers have absolutely zero effect on peoples lives, and do you want to know what does effect peoples lives?

God fearing human beings, praying they run down people with a uhaul truck.

I only said good intentions of any sort should be ok.
I'm not religious, I'm Canadian. I'm just north of Edmonton, as well. Therefore I am living my life without fear. For the most part.

There are those that do pray, or are religious in whatever ways. Nothing wrong with their good intentions, whatever they may be. Different strokes for different folks....

Some people pray, some hope.
I hope the asshat that did this attack, and all others that attack us, go into general population without protection if they live long enough to go to jail

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

My apologies,
I was just going to rant to you, instead I'm going to leave it at that.

Take care

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
(...)

whats the number of attack in S. E. china or Malaysia or Indonesia or Norway or Romania, North India, Seychelles, ivory coast Niger,

(...)

I feel I must chime in about Romania. There were no confirmed attacks yet, but police and intelligence here have arrested 2 f**kheads, both Romanian citizens, that became "radicalized" and threatened to attack army barracks and installations. 2 separate incidents, that is.

On the... non-citizen front, Romania is quickly becoming one of the biggest points of entry for "refugees", our immigration centers are already full and hardly a day goes by without finding about yet another ship full of immigrants that had to be rescued from sea, or 20-30 people discovered in a truck that was supposed to haul stuff.

So let's just wait and see about that attack. My opinion is that it's only a matter of time (months, a year tops) unfortunately.

On topic now, I always saw Canada as being a safe country. Believe me or not, whenever an isis d***head incident developed in France, Spain, UK ect I always thought "how come none of this is happening in Canada?". I guess I shouldn't have thought like this...
edit on 1-10-2017 by negue because: added info

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: negue

On topic now, I always saw Canada as being a safe country. Believe me or not, whenever an isis d***head incident developed in France, Spain, UK ect I always thought "how come none of this is happening in Canada?". I guess I shouldn't have thought like this...

I believe that you do not hear about these incidents in Canada involving terrorist because it is more difficult for Canadian police to conceal corrupt behavior. They tried to fabricate a terror plot like the UK seem to pull off So easily, by were caught and lambasted for it by a judge.

All Canadian LEO can do is embellish a story to make a crime that would be considered ordinary suddenly qualify for terrorism. This isn't the first time someone in Canada killed or tried to kill a police officer but now they have a flag to embellish the story.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
The number of attacks is directly proportionate to the number in a nation. It ain't rocket science.
Source that, please.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Has anyone seen any comments sections open on Canadian news websites? I've checked Global, CBC and CTV and no go so far. I really hate when that happens.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Well I guess this ended up a hat-trick for recent terrorism cliche...

He was Somali.

He was a refugee claimant.

He was known to police since 2015

LINK

The man was a Somali national going through the refugee claimant process, said Degrand

In 2015, after a complaint was made to Edmonton police that the man was displaying signs of extremism, members of the Integrated National Security Enforcement Team (INSET) launched an investigatio, Degrand said,  

Well. I take back my inuetos in was making earlier. I'm glad they risked the public to chase this guy down but I'm a little dissapointed they didn't shoot him down like dog at the scene. Slippery little #.
edit on pSun, 01 Oct 2017 18:19:51 -05002017 151Sun, 01 Oct 2017 18:19:51 -0500pmAmerica/ChicagoSunday by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
One to many if you ask me, the USA is just as cowardly and kid gloves with these animals.a reply to: Chadwickus

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
Well I guess this ended up a hat-trick for recent terrorism cliche...

He was Somali.

He was a refugee claimant.

He was known to police since 2015

LINK

The man was a Somali national going through the refugee claimant process, said Degrand

In 2015, after a complaint was made to Edmonton police that the man was displaying signs of extremism, members of the Integrated National Security Enforcement Team (INSET) launched an investigatio, Degrand said,  

Well. I take back my inuetos in was making earlier. I'm glad they risked the public to chase this guy down but I'm a little dissapointed they didn't shoot him down like dog at the scene. Slippery little #.

How many times do nations have to hear the "They were under surveillance/investigation for Radical activities" before they do something? How many people have to get maimed and killed before authorities act?
edit on 1-10-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join