It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Height of Weirdness [ATS Twlight Zone]

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Hello!

Most of us, even the most hardened skeptics among us, have experienced or witnessed events that defy traditional conceptions of what is considered "normal", every day, run of the mill, "reality".

At the very least, everyone will acknowledge that there's certainly a lot more going on than meets the eye at first glance as they say, and by that I'm not talking the probability of other-world realities, necessarily, but things perceived and experienced within our own (that at some level includes the whole kit and caboodle) that suggest, in no uncertain terms, that the world we inhabit is by far stranger and weirder than we know or can know. Upon that we can all absolutely agree. Many if not most of us even have our own evidence collection which testifies and bears witness to this basic truth.

Thus, the height of weirdness and strange occurrence, events and circumstances is all but a certainty as we herein float, immersed, in an ocean of uncertainty and, by the accounts of some philosophers who themselves are unequipped to explain it, an ocean of absurdity.

And therefore, the ridiculous, the strange and the absurd and non-sensacle is more likely to occur than anything we would expect in the context of what is considered "normal", and when you think this through all the way to it's ultra-rational conclusion, it's you who were absurd to presume otherwise ie: that what you think you know or your "reality tunnel", is an adequate frame of reference by which to explain the occurrence of life in its all its multidimensional facets. That's just digging in the dirt in search of treasure in a field that's covered in diamonds under a sky of diamonds, while placing one's own head, disingenuously and inauthentically I might add, straight into the sand if only out of fear something by far much deeper, that's filled and overflowing with possibility in the domain of an unknown unknown, or something of which we didn't even know we didn't know, and how could we have known according to what we presumed or thought we knew? Absurd indeed.

There. With the skeptical mindset now securely bound, and the table set, let us come together in the spirit of the very reason we were drawn to ATS in the first place, and have the capacity, the open-mindedness, the courage, the audacity, and the key of imagination, to open a doorway of the mind to giving due consideration to - the fantastical and the strange or what might be called.. the height of weirdness (an ATS exclusive).

Welcome to the ATS Twilight Zone in the Gray Area Forum.

"There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone."

I of course, like many if not most of you have had my share of utter weirdness and strangnesses, I've seen what I've perceived to be signs and wonders and the secret of satan (small s).

But I would first like to hear your own story, and I'd like to invite you to safely and comfortably share it right here in the Gray Area Forum without constraint or fear of ridicule (that's what it's for). To speculate as to causes and explanations is only reasonable, but it's also alright if we cannot adequately explain nor provide sufficient material evidence (pics or it didn't happen) to prove it.

That said, because our own subjective tendencies and desire to fill in the gaps, we might have blinded ourselves to the true nature of its (the events') underlying meaning and significance and importance. Until we share it and hold it up to the light of the awareness and the combined, collective experience and testimony of others, such potential meaning and significance may be lost as we ourselves dismiss it as nothing of any consequence when to the contrary, it might very well be or have been of the farthest reaching significance and consequence in the grand scheme of things and even something that could be applicable to other members of the reading audience, who are your fellow journeyers and, in the final analysis, your supporters, because we too have had our fair share of weirdness and strangeness. Nothing will surprise us, and you are not alone, nor might your own experience even be entirely unique as you might have once thought or assumed ie: "this can't have happened to anyone else. no one will understand or relate to it!".

It's incumbent upon you therefore, and me, and all of us, to freely share, for those who will, our strangest and weirdest experience or experiences (they probably come in 3's, at the very least..), and for us who are reading, to freely offer up some of our own interpretations as to any sort of meaning and significance, but at the same time, let us not simply try to apply our own maps of reality or reality tunnel or our skeptical mindset to the other person's inexplicable experience. Let us approach these things, no matter how seemingly impossible or other-wordly, with an open mind that's entirely free from any sort of contemptuous bias, prior to investigation.

Consider this thread a "table discussion" of the height of weirdness; with dimmed lights, a fire in the hearth, and for those who will (if you're not an alcoholic), the drink of your choice; so we're all full from a very fine meal and perhaps a little light-headed &/or so open-minded that our brains are on the verge of falling out, yet forward leaning and eager with anticipation - to hear our fellow man's stories, as we go around the table one by one, where the utterly weird and the strange is this evening's central topic of conversation.

I'm already kind of freaked out a little bit over what I might have unleashed, but I'm also helpless not to go ahead and press the post button, it's a good thing I don't have access to the universal off switch! Hmmmm, I wonder what would happen.. !

Let us have it.

Fearlessly lay your very best strange experience on us, and as you bring it to light may you be empowered by the sharing, and as a short prayer on my behalf and that of Christ who sends me, let me just say that whatever malevolent force you might have come up against may it or "they" be bounded and double-bound by the light of awareness, while liberating the forces of goodness and righteousness and love, to triumph over all evil, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen. (for good measure, not to push religion on anyone).

~ Ankh

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

The weirdest thing I've ever seen was a group of crazy superstitious religious people accepting the power of science and rational thought into their lives. It was the most amazing experience but it's only happened once in my lifetime. Most people simply remain superstitious because it's more exciting.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

It's easier too.
Science is hard.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

If CNN ran a story saying that Factcheck.org lied when they reported that Obama's short form birth certificate had the requisite RAISED seal on the BACK of the document...if they reported that he DEFRAUDED the public.....

...then the U.S. would have been very alarmed that Congress certified his election.

And THAT is all true -- except CNN never reported on it.

They buried that truth.

Pics. And it DID happen:

Obama and Factcheck defrauded Congress and the Voters

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Well, that was pretty weird. As I was reading the OP I thought "I wonder what Phage's weirdest story is". I never thought it would be "science is hard".

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I saw a headless man walking twice, I know I saw it but I don't think it was a supernatural happening at all, my explanation? my brain farted.

It may seem a simplistic answer but for me our brains are machines that work with electricity, something very real could have been happening at the time in the place I saw the headless guy, and it short circuit my brain for an instant, an anomaly high magnetic field for example, who knows.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

a reply to: Phage

Wrong thread. This wasn't intended as a debate about science or religion or of atheism vs. God or anything like that, but an open forum to discuss utterly strange and weird experiences. Why must party poopers be the first to make contributions of no value or relevance whatsoever to the intended purpose of the OP as painstakingly described? Why step in to try to kill such a thread in the Gray Area Forum? I don't get it.

"Science" doesn't adequately represent the authoritative map of the territory to begin with anyway.

"There is a principal which serves as a bar against all information and as a proof against all arguments and that cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance. That principal is called contempt, prior to investigation."
~ Herbert Spencer, Scientist

No need to reply. Save it. Wrong thread. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: OveRcuRrEnteD

That wasn't a story, it was a comment. But science is hard.

You want a weird story? After my mother had a massive stroke I was falling asleep one night I clearly heard her say my name.

Trouble is, I don't think it's weird. I think it was a pretty normal response to an extremely stressful situation. But it's about all I've got.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
During a really fun time in college, partaking in certain substances, I passed out after a few hours of intoxication. When I woke up, I was on an operating table with three beings in surgical masks surrounding me. The only thing I remember is them saying 'He shouldn't be awake yet, get him back under'.

Then I awoke about 30 minutes later to the sun peaking over the horizon shining through the window. I remember thinking it was the most beautiful sight I have ever seen and I experienced a moment of profound peace.

Man what a trip.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Well, I shared this incident that happened to me a few years ago on ATS in a discussion of possible time warps. About fifteen years ago, as I have been doing for over thirty yeats, as part of my daily commute I was walking through Suburban Station in downtown Philly. One particular morning I was walking past the usual small stores and kiosks. For a moment, around thirty seconds in duration, the air became really thick, it seemed I was walking in mud, and all of a sudden the other commuters were in early century dress, the men in bowler hats, women in period long dresses, some carrying parisols. And as quickly as it happened, I seemed to step out of a bubble and things were normal again. I wasn't daydreaming, drunk, hungover, or on drugs. I wish I was. That maybe would have explained it. I never experienced anything like that since. It still perplexes me.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I knew it was a comment but I was thinking of a few members here who I'd love to hear weirdness from. Then I saw that you had posted and found it pretty weird. When I saw what you posted, I figured I'd post something, which is weird.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Sorry to say there's not an "ats" tunnel of wierdness at the moment. I know why people want there to be one, I know it sounds fun, I myself wanted at one time as just one denizen of the net to use this site as well anything goes. I would meet, not "ats" ers repeating endlessly "here on a**" because someone told them it grates meanwhile no one catches their hard attempt at ginnying up some kind of "way to impress the boss" that if youd think to yourself, doesnt even exist. As a guy on the net, unfortunately, what ive found is less fun. Agoraphobics, trolls, schizophrenics, power struggles between people who are literally just bitter trolls with add, people who add to it by just hearing thrmselves talk and a management completely missing. Its an issue and is far more mundane. Nobody here wants to do anything so any hole there might have been to some deep net is now just a "fun" concept that people use to try to "ats" etize concepts and sling because in their mind its fun to freak out schizos and every boy in their basement is a wizard "here on you guessed it." im not just complaining or a wannabe, i just like reality..not against the concept in a wierd kind of a way tho, but ive found more action on cnn.
edit on 30-9-2017 by mericks74 because: (no reason given)

link   
One time a close friend and I went out for a walk late at night to talk. We were stopped by police because they got a report of someone suspicious in the area. It ended up not being us but someone that was weirdly talking on a cell phone while looking in windows of a nearby apartment complex.

But the police took our IDs and ran our names anyway. One of them said she knew my friend's mom and remembered when he was little. They had a chuckle about how it wasn't us they were looking for and told us we could go, which we did.

There were two officers, each with their own cruisers and the cruisers were facing the direction we turned to walk when we were done. We said goodbye, turned around and took three steps before noticing it was suddenly dark and quiet.

We couldn't hear their engines and the light from their headlights was gone. So we turned around and both cruisers were gone. The officers went from standing on the sidewalk talking to us to inside their cruisers and wholly out of view without making a sound (like the car doors opening or closing) and in the time it takes a person to walk three steps.

Is it possible they got in their cruisers silently, turned off their headlights (at like 2 AM in a subdivision without streetlights), turned around and went the opposite direction? Yes, it wouldn't make much sense but it's possible. It's not possible that the cars would have made it to the next turn off that road though in a matter of seconds. That would have taken at least a few minutes even if they were speeding.

We were not under the influence of anything. From what we could tell, they told us we could go, we turned away and both the officers and their cruisers ceased to exist.

link   

originally posted by: OveRcuRrEnteD
I knew it was a comment but I was thinking of a few members here who I'd love to hear weirdness from. Then I saw that you had posted and found it pretty weird. When I saw what you posted, I figured I'd post something, which is weird.

very wieeeeeerd.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
There is an area in southern Colorado, east of Durango, that I frequent, fishing, gambling, etc. Invariably every time i visit, I encounter "high strangeness" At times it seems religious, other time it's UFO, paranormal, MK Ultra, Oz factors, etc.

The strangest encounter was with a family that I didn't know, that knew some of the most secret, intimate, personal, private aspects of my life and members of my family. This encounter happened after I had witnessed a mutilated cow beside the stream I was fly fishing on. I couldn't separate the two; somehow they were connected.
edit on 30-9-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

now thats an actual example..

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Well, I shared this incident that happened to me a few years ago on ATS in a discussion of possible time warps. About fifteen years ago, as I have been doing for over thirty yeats, as part of my daily commute I was walking through Suburban Station in downtown Philly. One particular morning I was walking past the usual small stores and kiosks. For a moment, around thirty seconds in duration, the air became really thick, it seemed I was walking in mud, and all of a sudden the other commuters were in early century dress, the men in bowler hats, women in period long dresses, some carrying parisols. And as quickly as it happened, I seemed to step out of a bubble and things were normal again. I wasn't daydreaming, drunk, hungover, or on drugs. I wish I was. That maybe would have explained it. I never experienced anything like that since. It still perplexes me.

Very interesting. I totally believe you, and have heard of these things happening to others.

Time bubble (of course).

Seems to support the idea that reality may be a type of "simulation" with times past and future both bearing down on the present through a self-referential matrix-like, pixilated projection.

Reminds me of a lot of the info contained in these two presentations

edit on 30-9-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
My weirdest one was the day i logged in here and there wasn't a single political thread on the front page.
To this day i still get flashbacks...

*shudder*

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
edit on 30-9-2017 by mericks74 because: deleted because i have to stop replying with lol and stuff

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: mericks74
Sorry to say there's not an "ats" tunnel of wierdness at the moment.

You just entered it. Stick around... we're just getting started.

If a certain hypothesis that I hold is true, something strange and weird is going to emerge in this very thread and by that I don't mean just the descriptions, but because of what will manifest for the participants through their own involvement, maybe even Phage included, which would be ultra-weird.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join