It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Height of Weirdness [ATS Twlight Zone]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

I saw a blinky light in the sky once.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
My weird story (or story of weirdness):

A number of years ago, a good friend of mine was active in the “psychic consulting” circles in our region; he didn’t really buy into the Mumbo Jumbo/Spirits aspect that the “blue hairs” were so into, he was an expert “reader” of people. NEVER play poker with someone with THAT talent!

Anyway, this one time I had joined him and his fellow “consultants” at local Denny’s for a Saturday lunch. What most people may not realize is that your typical “psychic”, of this type, is very often highly competitive when amongst his/(or more usually) her peers. This particular group, my friend excluded, took to demonstrating their “abilities” for the hapless server; a young guy of mid-twenties, more interested in earning a decent tip than having his “fortune” told.

I should have said that the “weird sisters” attempted to impress the poor kid, since their generalized “insights” were consistently correct in only the vaguest aspect.

Frustrated, this group of five or six middle-aged women then turned my friend, to challenge his “powers”.

Accepting the challenge, or so I thought, he asked the server for his wallet, assuring the kid that it never leave the server’s sight.

To my shock, upon receiving the wallet, he immediately hands it to me, saying “Here, tell him what you see.”

Without opening the wallet, just holding it in my two hands, in my mind’s eye I immediately see myself rushing down a two lane country road, bright daylight, a three-string barbed wire fence on my right, dry grass stretching beyond the fence. I relay this image to the waiter.

His jaw drops. “That’s were I crashed my bike (motorcycle)! How did you...?”

Still holding his wallet, I interrupt him.

“There’s something, well, “hot?” in your wallet. A series of numbers I can’t read what they are, but they’re written in dark ink on a piece of yellow paper.”

His shock immediately turns to complete confusion.

“No, I don’t think so. I mean, I don’t remember putting anything like that in there.”

The busy-biddies immediately take the wallet out of my hands and, with his permission, thank goodness, begin searching through it.

At first they find nothing but the usual, the satisfaction on their faces obvious as “the upstart” (me) is about to be served crow instead of the clam chowder I had ordered.

Then something falls out of the now-gutted wallet; a folded slip of yellow legal pad paper. “High-Priestess” unfolds the paper and on it is a phone number written in Black felt pen!

She crows “Oh! Look! What’s this?”

Now I’m the one who is in total shock.

The server takes the paper, looks at it, and his eyes open wide in surprise “Whoa! It’s my old girlfriend’s phone number! I thought I had lost it!”

My friend leans over to me and says, so that only I could hear

“I knew you could do it.”

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

you must be older than Methuselah, give us a cool story!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I saw a blinky light in the sky once.

Is that your "scientific" way of saying that you saw a UFO which you could not explain in the context of conventional aircraft or a weather phenomenon?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

I have. Posted a couple, actually.
That one really isn't that interesting. A blinky light that I didn't know what it was. Didn't do anything in particular. Just parked for 20, 30 seconds.

oooweeeoooo...

(Doctor Who theme)

edit on 9/30/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I have. Posted a couple, actually.

54,231 post

I believe you, too bad in my mortal time i wont find any in that huge pile

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Quick summary:
Late night, lying on grass, blinky light overhead.

edit on 9/30/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

One of the cool ones...

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
More of a "huh?" than a "wtf!?"

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I once saw a blurry circle in the evening move straight across the clouds and fast, followed by a second one, right across the whole horizon. It wasn't a satellite, it wasn't even any sort of aircraft. This happened about a year ago. I'd class it as a UFO except it wasn't an object per se.

Another, of the phenomenon variety involved a giant explosion that occurred in the air somewhere across the street from where I was living. It shook the house, and was very very loud. We ran out, and there was nothing, no smoke from a pipe bomb, no one milling about or running away, nothing to explain it. My neighbor, who was out in front of his house said it came from a space across the road from him, in the air, and he claims to have seen a momentary flash of some kind.

It was a fluffy cloud clear blue sky. That was very unusual.

Maybe sometimes the persistent matrix of reality needs to just pop and let out a little stream every now and again to prevent the destruction of the whole world..

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: dfnj2015

It's easier too.
Science is hard.
You're doing it wrong. I do science. It can be a whole lot of easy fun.
I don't really believe in numbers. There are too many.
I'm going to go do some science right now.
I'm going see how pickles and chocolate go with beer.
I'll publish the results in the Journal of Science.
edit on 30-9-2017 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

You need larger populations, control groups, people that only have pickles and beer, people that have chocolate and beer, only beer, only pickles and so on. Then you need to try with several varieties of pickles, chocolates and beers. cold beer, warm beer...

Models need to be made about that regarding species origin and correlation to each human subclass.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
This is the second night in a row that I could have sworn I have heard the cat we recently lost meowing loudly in the house.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23
Too many numbers, indeed.
Why can't they just say "this is the most anything can be."

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Thought that was sort of what infinity is.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

How much is infinity?

Really, really bigly?

There's probably a haiku waiting to be written there.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Not as much as infinity +1 as my son told me one night when we were reading a book on numbers.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I miss having a little kid for a daughter.
She's a teenager now.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Yeah, he's going to grow out of this age too soon, but I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

He will continue to blow your mind.
In ways you can't imagine.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join