It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov’t Ruined 653,249 Lives Over Cannabis in 2016 Because 5 Corrupt Industries Paid Them To

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
As long as I am not directly harming otjers, why should the government have any right to tell me what I can put in my body?

I find the super weed heads annoying, but that doesn't change the fact it should be legal.

The real drug villains are the ones pushing addictive oppiods on people.

As divided as we are in this country, I feel like this is an issue most of us can agree on.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
The government produces, distributes and sell drugs. Then after you pays for it, they arrest you. Then you have to pay to be free.

I wonder who was the first man on Earth to have this amazing idea. It's a forever money machine.

Wish I could give you more than 1 star for this. So true.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I am 41 years old, and pray that in my lifetime that it is legal, no restrictions.

Not going to go into all the health benefits of it, we have all seen the studies, or most of us have. I just get sick to death of every day seeing my patients get more and more addicted to these pain meds.

It saddens me to have a 70 year old lady beg me to fill her Percocet early because she is an addict and doesn't know it......that sh*t is 1000 times worse than marijuana, yet easier to get from the doctor than candy. What a world.
edit on pm99201717America/Chicago28p12pm by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Good for you, it's just your personal feeling's..other people might feel differently, and more importantly it's NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS..

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
As long as the people keep electing politicians with 60 year old bad ideas, it will continue to be like this.

Jeff Sessions this week:

The nation's top law enforcer is continuing to speak out against marijuana legalization.

"I've never felt that we should legalize marijuana," U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions said on Wednesday. "It doesn't strike me that the country would be better if it's being sold on every street corner. We do know that legalization results in greater use."

www.forbes.com...

Even though a recent study found the complete opposite:
onlinelibrary.wiley.com...

And let's not forget:

Last week, U.S. Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein made fairly ominous comments about marijuana policy reform, adding that the Trump administration is still deciding whether or not to reverse Obama-era guidance that generally allows states to legalize cannabis without federal interference.

I can only pray the Cole memo isn't reversed just because it was a product of the Obama administration. Too many people are having their lives destroyed for nothing more than having a flower in their possession.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky
The article is an opinion piece that is working on emotions and distorts facts,
They were not all simple possession. They are exaggerating the numbers of innocent people is my thought. I tried to find the data they studied, and here is what I found from the FBI page they linked.
Drug abuse violations 1,572,579

I cant get it broken down to anything more specific though. I eye articles like this with suspicion that present number I don't see in the actual report. For all I know they simply came up with their own formula to estimate simple possession, but the charge of possession does not typically come alone. Distribution, violet crimes, theft and other such acts while in possession may also count under these numbers without verification.

I would like to verify myself and I actually want ganja legal. I just do not believe that simple possession of pot and only possession of pot supports those numbers cited. Crack dealers are also arrested frequently in possession of grass and charged accordingly. If the FBI report they cited does not show me it broken down this way, where did the opinion piece author get his data from??

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
The government produces, distributes and sell drugs. Then after you pays for it, they arrest you. Then you have to pay to be free.

I wonder who was the first man on Earth to have this amazing idea. It's a forever money machine.

You forgot the step where they confiscate it give it to a snitch for them to sell again to repeat the cycle...

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I guarantee that you like people that smoke pot, you may just not realize that they smoke pot. legalize pot and you cna start fixing the opiate crisis.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Most of the ones that are not possession, Are something like possession with intent to distribute, felony because you bought a half instead of a quarter. Or possession within 1000 yards of a school bam felony.

Or they were selling a little bit trying to make some money bam felony. If it was legal like the vast majority of Americans want 75% of these guys would not be criminals otherwise.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1
The problem is the article does not make any distinctions for those circumstances and is using numbers I could not find in the data they are citing. Check the FBI link in the source article and see if you can find the table which supports those numbers, because I am lost.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I'd much rather see people smoking weed than doing meth... sadly it looks like its all about the money

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Gov’t Ruined 653,249 Lives Over Cannabis

Didn't kill 'em ... like that dude is doing in the Philippines.

There's always a silver lining.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I'd assume it has to do with the state where the site is run from Arizona. Unfortunately the state voted last year but it didn't pass. Then with that hope the rules change when that does.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

I do not like weed-smokers, or smokers, or vapers, or drunk. Do I have to?
And, because I do not like absolutes, I can think of some people I would like to see in jail because of their consume of drugs.

on another but related topic:
Isn't there an opinioid-abusers flood in the USA right now? I think I read somehting about counties where 1/4 of the population is addicted to pain reliever. Where do you draw the line between drugs? Why at that point?

Marijuana has proven to lessen opioid abuses in recreational states.
To the prior reply, in person I don't know anyone either that against marijuana but my state is recreational though so ti may be a biased assessment, and apparently they do exist on the internet. Probably more so with agenda interests, such as why it took California, the first Medical Marijuana state so long to pass it recreationally.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

That's not how that works. At all. The body naturally generates endocannabinoids (which are not the same thing as recreational cannabis or THC) on its own, there's no need for any supplemental intake.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   
How about Trumps little b***h, Jeff Sessions?

edit on 29-9-2017 by Pyrokuda because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ShadeWolf

Lots of, in fact most people enjoy things that are not needed, and I think it does have benefits..it's pretty clear.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Because it is only your own choice what you do with your body as long as you do not interfere with other people.

And that is not a given for drug-users. Note that I do not use "abusers".

And there is a TON of news about people doing stupid/dangerous/harmful/ugly/horrific things to other people while on drugs. Deny that? Please don't, because that would put you on my personal list of "irresponsible drug user"..

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

How? Because the studies I have seen show that weed and opiods are so different in the activated receptors in the brain that one does not substitute the other.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   

It is your own choice what you do with your body as long as you do not interfere with other people.

And that is not a given for drug-users. Note that I do not use "abusers".

And there is a TON of news about people doing stupid/dangerous/harmful/ugly/horrific things to other people while on drugs. Deny that? Please don't, because that would put you on my personal list of "irresponsible drug user"..

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join