It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Attacks Road Workers So They Take Him Down in Citizen’s Arrest

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
The standard police response: "We have investigated ourselves and found we did nothing wrong."

I somehow doubt that'll be the case this time.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Really glad this turned out well and did not turn ugly. The media would have a totally different response, wouldn't they?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Good for them. Cops arent above the law or above general decency, or shouldnt be.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: 00018GE
If you're going to mistreat construction workers, you better bring an army.

LMAO!! Right!!😁

Them & loggers...yeah

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: Outlier13
a reply to: notsure1

Dear God why did he have to be black? Wait and see. CNN will have the following headline tomorrow:

WATCH: Racist KKK Trump Supporters Posing as Road Crew Attacks Black Man

Haven't you heard? Everything is about RACE. Hell, you have POC begging for segregation FFS!!!!

only you two made this about race. funny ain't it.... it's like you really wanted to bring it up....

I personally would have pulled out my piece because I would have been threatened. the rest after that would be up to him

CNN will have the following headline tomorrow?

And when that claim turns out to be entirely false? And what's it matter, ATS beat CNN to the punch.

It's called pigeon-holing. As of late, I've read these type of tongue-in-cheek comments for what they are... an attempt at thinly veiled racism.

I could be wrong, but I don't understand any other explanation as opposed to "CNN HEADLINE WILL MAKE THIS ABOUT GOOD BLACK MAN EVIL WHITEY TRUMP SUPPORTER," when no such headline ever has, nor ever will, exist.

It's a form of projection, as well. Seeing what they want to see, as opposed to reality.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

Dear God why did he have to be black? Wait and see. CNN will have the following headline tomorrow:

Haven't you heard? Everything is about RACE. Hell, you have POC begging for segregation FFS!!!!

only you two made this about race. funny ain't it.... it's like you really wanted to bring it up....

I personally would have pulled out my piece because I would have been threatened. the rest after that would be up to him

And when that claim turns out to be entirely false? And what's it matter, ATS beat CNN to the punch.

It's called pigeon-holing. As of late, I've read these type of tongue-in-cheek comments for what they are... an attempt at thinly veiled racism.

I could be wrong, but I don't understand any other explanation as opposed to "CNN HEADLINE WILL MAKE THIS ABOUT GOOD BLACK MAN EVIL WHITEY TRUMP SUPPORTER," when no such headline ever has, nor ever will, exist.

It's a form of projection, as well. Seeing what they want to see, as opposed to reality.

Is it your mission to make everything about race or Trump? Take your drivel to another thread.
edit on 28-9-2017 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: RomeByFire

Is it your mission to make everything about race or Trump? Take your drivel to another thread.

I didn't make it about race, who I replied to did. I also didn't make it about Trump, who I replied to did.

I'm free to post on ATS, in any thread I like, just as you are. I'm sorry if opposing opinions bother you and you're compelled to reply to them rather than ignore them. Also, you can continue to resort to personal attacks in any thread(s) you'd like regarding me - I'm not the topic of the thread, that's a violation of the terms & conditions - and I will no longer reply to or acknowledge your personal insults.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   
These videos should be made available to everyone as a "how to"

I love this. Someone who thinks he is above the law and able to treat anyone any way he pleases jist be cause he carries a piece of metal that says police. Is silenced and held accountable by average citizens. This work crew should be an example to us all.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
sry off topic.
edit on 28-9-2017 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   

The most troubling thing about all this, is that the road crew were treated like criminals when the officers responding to the incident showed up, while the party at fault was let go as if nothing had happened. Yes, certainly there is an investigation going on, but if anyone but a cop were in this situation, the fellow would have been before a judge or at least taken in for questioning by police, in an official setting.

The double standards at play here are absolutely breathtaking on the one hand, but on the other, totally fail to surprise me. And I would echo Grimpachi's statement. It certainly highlights some significant failures of policing, when a road crew handle randomly violent assault on their persons, better than some of the police who have made the news with their hyper aggressive, combat stress induced mania.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

better than some of the police who have made the news with their hyper aggressive, combat stress induced mania.

Yes indeed, just like that a hole that arrested the nurse for doing her job. There is some serious disconnect going on.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

It would certainly seem so.

Of course, no one is suggesting that these events and the officers involved with them, are indicative of the whole force or all forces, but at the same time, one has to wonder how it can be that an incident can occur, where an officer is causing bodily harm without cause, and his fellow officers do not treat him as they would any other suspect in an assault case.

Although the officers actions should not be taken as an indicator of the attitude and appropriateness for the job, of the whole force of which he is a part, the fact that he received different treatment than anyone else would have in that situation IS a reason to question the quality and impartiality of the force of which he is a part.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
For now I found the video as part of a new report. The encounter starts at 48 seconds.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: abe froman
The standard police response: "We have investigated ourselves and found we did nothing wrong."

I somehow doubt that'll be the case this time.

Yet if you had read the article they said that after the police arrived, the let the cop go, and then treated the road workers as the criminals.

So he wasn't arrested. Just an internal investigation, that will go on for weeks or months till it blows over, and he will not have anything done to him.

Follow it, I'm 100% positive this is how it will unfold.

If the roles had been reversed and it was officers holding down someone violently attacking road workers waiting for backup, the first thing the backup would have done is run in kicking the suspect to stop resisting...

If they had not suffocated him prior, that is.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Attacking state workers on the job?This guy will have a short career I think.And rightly so.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Ha watch the 2nd video below it.. Typical affirmative action case. They say "just because your a Trooper gives you no right" He says, I sht you not, "I dindu nuffin!"

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Maybe the cop had a bad day.

I'm glad the crew did what they did.

I worry about retaliation tho.

The cop probably finished watching the beginning of an NFL game before taking off for duty...got really triggered and wanted to take hate on American workers.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Is abuse of power /authority/badge ingrained in some of these guys or what?

This guy went straight into confrontation mode...hope he gets what he deserves, but he'll be exonerated, if he even goes to court or is processed. Most likely it will be an official censure.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Like with many things of this nature, there's not enough video to show what happened prior to the few seconds that transpired between him yelling at that woman and being taken down.

Now, the way that he keeps running his mouth after he's taken down does indicate a level of belligerence and unprofessionalism, but at the same time, this small video doesn't really show much at all about the overall event (but he obviously tries to take the dude's phone and does appear to either punch someone).

It appears that at the very beginning of the video, he's bitching about them not standing far enough away from the actual road construction before holding the slow/stop sign. Maybe they were too close, but when you're in your private vehicle and off-duty, you don't jump out of your car and start screaming at people. The trooper could have--and should have--phoned his concerns in to dispatch and had an on-duty officer go and calmly talk to them.

I feel like they should have gave the off-duty officer a breathalyzer, because he seemed way too belligerent about this "problem" than he should have been. This certainly makes one question his on-duty behavior...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join