It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Attacks Road Workers So They Take Him Down in Citizen’s Arrest

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I feel like they should have gave the off-duty officer a breathalyzer, because he seemed way too belligerent about this "problem" than he should have been. This certainly makes one question his on-duty behavior

No, his bro's gave him a pass..at least partially, I imagine he has some explaining to do with management.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf
Yet if you had read the article they said that after the police arrived, the let the cop go, and then treated the road workers as the criminals.

No, they lined them up and took pictures, probably so that the officer could later identify the people who were part of the altercation.

That doesn't mean that they were treated like criminals, it just means that proper procedures were done as part of the investigation. The workers FELT like they were being treated like criminals.

But, I guess in these instances where people are generally led to premature conclusions by the choking leash of bias, feelings count as facts.

I'll raise your bet of 100% positivity and say that this guy will not be a Trooper much longer...although I'm not going to claim 100% positivity like you.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

No, he didn't get a "pass," even though that's the perception of many on here.

You have no idea of all the details that went on after on-duty troopers arrived, as these stories and reports are woefully vague in that regard. They may have given him a sobriety test--we don't know. I would certainly think that they should have, though, if they didn't, because unless they are inept officers, I'm willing to bet that they watched the video of his actions while on-scene.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

you cannot raise your bet from 100% and then not claim 100%, that is just nonsense! This man will get what, ten days of desk duty TOPS , or nothing but a stern talking to that they will call discipline.
You know it, we know it, the whole country knows it.

It is not bias when decades of the same behavior is established in precedent. Its a repeatng pattern within the institution.
edit on 9-28-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

you cannot raise your bet from 100% and then not claim 100%, that is just nonsense! This man will get what, ten days of desk duty TOPS , or nothing but a stern talking to that they will call discipline.
You know it, we know it, the whole country knows it.

A couple of things, here:

A. You don't know jack, because seeing the future isn't a thing.

B. I should have "called" his bet, not "raised" it, I suppose, if we want to ramble on about semantics. But, IMHO, removing absolutes from attempting to tell the future based on bias is "raising" the bet. To each their own.

It is not bias when decades of the same behavior is established in precedent. Its a repeatng pattern within the institution.

Well, there are also established precedents that show that officers lost their jobs and even go to jail over things like this. Bias dictates whether or not you want to talk in absolutes about only one side of that reality. I only challenged his bet because I wanted to call out the stupidity of dealing in absolutes--you, apparently, are doubling down on that method.

Again--to each their own.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I wonder how many times the road crew will be pulled over for a random stop in the future...

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

This was posted on my county's overwatch Facebook page, because it was near here. The ironic thing is all the same people that admonish the police on a daily basis and that had no problem making quick judgement about police brutality videos stated that we don't know what happened before they started filming. There wasn't enough evidence in this case for them to make judgement, but had no problem doing so any other time. A few even made the claim that the workers clearly said the "N" word. Go figure.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead

This was posted on my county's overwatch Facebook page, because it was near here. The ironic thing is all the same people that admonish the police on a daily basis and that had no problem making quick judgement about police brutality videos stated that we don't know what happened before they started filming. There wasn't enough evidence in this case for them to make judgement, but had no problem doing so any other time. A few even made the claim that the workers clearly said the "N" word. Go figure.

Wow so the spin begins.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

This was posted on my county's overwatch Facebook page, because it was near here.

Yep when I want to know what's really going on, I look to my facebook feed because facts and stuff.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Did I look to Facebook to find the facts or was it posted there first and I eluded to the opinions of the people that I know and how there is a big discrepancy on past opinions compared to this one?

Where do you think the news got the video from?
edit on 9/28/2017 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
well I am a betting man. Care to make a wager ?

Honestly, this trooper was losing his cool, but I would rather not see him get let go. He technically still did this as a civilian, I think right? So thats not really that overblown, and he may have had other's safety in concern initially. I would be satisfied with seeing him do community service on that stretch of highway, possibly while the work detail is around as a satisfactory discipline.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Honestly, this trooper was losing his cool, but I would rather not see him get let go. He technically still did this as a civilian, I think right? So thats not really that overblown, and he may have had other's safety in concern initially. I would be satisfied with seeing him do community service on that stretch of highway, possibly while the work detail is around as a satisfactory discipline.

I think that he more than lost his cool--he flashed his badge while off-duty in his POV (Privately Owned Vehicle) in order to try and assert some sort of authority and intimidate these workers into moving their flagging station farther in front of the construction area. He was screaming unnecessarily, trying to goad them to attack (with his "Or what?!" comments), and then took it upon himself to assault people doing nothing wrong.

Whether or not he felt that how they had the construction site was unsafe, this was not the way to handle it, and it really, really makes me question his professionalism, demeanor, and decision-making abilities when on the job. I can agree that maybe he doesn't need to lose his job over this one incident--MAYBE--but I hold LEOs to a higher standard, and he failed miserably to measure up in this instance.

I know that LEOs are not robots and are not perfect, but if this is out of character for this guy, I still stand by my comment that I think that he could have been intoxicated, even if just slightly. This seemed way over the line, and I think that it would be perfectly acceptable if he did lose his job. There should not be given many second chances in that profession, especially when they're off-duty and act like this.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
saben cual es el mejor fotografo en san luis potosí ? vallejo fotografía creativa . francisco vallejo es el mejor fotógrafo , para bodas , xv años, eventos, fotografia de mascotas, fotógrafo de empresas los invito a ver su trabajo

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Funny how people claim one side makes it al about race but they are the ones always commenting online like a coward. Nice try at a good post OP but as usual any decent post gets hikacked on here by back-water morons.

I pray for global annihilation everyday because of this.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LostonEarth

You perhaps referring to me?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

Dear God why did he have to be black? Wait and see. CNN will have the following headline tomorrow:

WATCH: Racist KKK Trump Supporters Posing as Road Crew Attacks Black Man

Uh-oh... Antifa and other far left-wing groups like BLM are going to get up in arms... "See, even black police officers get attacked by white, Trump supporters!!!... They are white, so they are Trump supporters..."

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Damn. That took some above-average testicular fortitude. (or testicality, as we tend to say down here in Dixie)

There are about 10 different ways that I can think of that this could have gone horribly wrong, but that's some of the most unprofessional behavior I've seen in a long while. I've known lots of local cops who were assholes, but at least in my experience, that particular trait is much less common in a Trooper. I mean, seriously...

Surely, SURELY they'll pull a vial of blood on this guy, right?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Spread this far and wide.

Encourage US to take a stand.

But it's going to get ugly I can tell you that right now.

peace

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: seeker1963

And yet, look at whose commenting about race? Preemptive race pimping?

The color that matters here is a deep shade of chip on the shoulder, belligerent, overly aggressive blue. Clearly this guy thinks that being a cop entitles him to be an asshole and assault people. Exactly the sort of mentality that cops shouldn't have.

I also find myself in 100% agreement with you, my friend from the other side of the aisle. 100%.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I don't think he should be relieved of duty just yet. The matter should be investigated. If assault can be proved in court or if he was found to be distracted driving e.g. texting, is the reason for him not seeing the slow down sign then for sure.

I mean he was a big "D" and I don't mean Dallas, and you would think a police officer should conduct themselves better. But can we really expect cops not to be human. It's not likely but could have been the first time he's ever acted like that. If he has a history he's got to go.

Anger management classes should be in order no matter the findings. Imo

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join