It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Support for Steph Curry and Golden State

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I was thinking about the protest Steph Curry and Golden State are making by deciding to decline the White House invitation by Donald Trump and I support it 100%. This is the proper way to make a social protest...not kneeling during the national anthem.

Steph Curry is protesting a man and his policies and not disrespecting the flag or his country. I simply wanted to point out the difference in these two things and how there is a good and a bad way to go about making political statements.

So, Stephy Curry and Golden State I don't agree with the reason for your protest, but I damn sure agree with your choice of how to make one.

Link

ETA: Many links on this I just picked one

edit on 2017/9/27 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

ETA: I know this thread is going to be unpopular with everyone, but I wanted to show something I think is an important distinction between protesting a man and his policies Vs. disrespecting your nation.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I appreciate your point, but honestly I am so far over the recent protesting phenom. I dont give a rats arse what a silver spoon celeb, or politician, or billionaire or whatever think.

Not trying to derail or be antagonistic...but I and most folks I deal with daily dont have any time to give 3 turds what these fortunate blowhards have to say...not one of them can sway me our my peoples mind on anything...as if their opinion somehow carries any specific weight beyond my own.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

There was nothing for them to decline, Trump uninvited them prior to the team voting on whether or not to attend.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
If they can articulate what exactly they are protesting then great, go for it. If it's just the same old liberal BS like he's racist and hates the poor and is orange then it's meaningless to most everyone else.

I've seen several interviews with NFL players who took a knee who were asked what they were protesting and not a single intelligible thought came out.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

There was nothing for them to decline, Trump uninvited them prior to the team voting on whether or not to attend.

Well, Steph Curry had already said he wasn't going to go.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Well, Steph Curry had already said he wasn't going to go.

He said he was "on the fence" about it, leaning towards not going. His "I'm not going and that's that" statement came after the disinvite.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

I appreciate your point, but honestly I am so far over the recent protesting phenom. I dont give a rats arse what a silver spoon celeb, or politician, or billionaire or whatever think.

Not trying to derail or be antagonistic...but I and most folks I deal with daily dont have any time to give 3 turds what these fortunate blowhards have to say...not one of them can sway me our my peoples mind on anything...as if their opinion somehow carries any specific weight beyond my own.

I understand completely.

However, if I had been invited to the Obama White House I probably wouldn't have gone either. I think it is a better way of sticking to your principles than disrespecting the country.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Fair point my friend

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Nice defense... but he uninvited them after a player publicly declined the invite.
and like a 12 year old, trying to save face, he says he didn't want them anyway...

this way his worshipers, aka people who find no fault in anything he has ever said or done, can still look up to him... and his tiny little man hands.

and yes, it was a 'decline' not a 'on the fence'. he probably said on the fence a while back.
but he made it clear prior to Trump uninviting them /him he wouldn't be there himself.
edit on 27-9-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I was thinking about the protest Steph Curry and Golden State are making by deciding to decline the White House invitation by Donald Trump and I support it 100%. This is the proper way to make a social protest...not kneeling during the national anthem.

Isn't sort of the epitome of white privilege for you to deign to decide what is the appropriate way for to protest, and what is not? It's supposed to get in your face! So far, it seems like an enormously successful campaign!
But, I mean, it's not like they're dressing up like Native Americans, and dumping tea into the harbour, eh?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Isn't sort of the epitome of white privilege for you to deign to decide what is the appropriate way for to protest, and what is not? It's supposed to get in your face! So far, it seems like an enormously successful campaign!
But, I mean, it's not like they're dressing up like Native Americans, and dumping tea into the harbour, eh?

No one was talking about race here until your arrived.

I know what I stand for and the National Anthem is important to me. You are Canadian so you probably don't understand the culture difference. I guess is is your Canadian privilege.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I know what I stand for and the National Anthem is important to me. You are Canadian so you probably don't understand the culture difference. I guess is is your Canadian privilege.

Call it thinking outside of the box. Or echo chamber. Your call.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Not everything is about race or identity politics.

Personally I identify as a snow leopard.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Indeed...but if you listened to those protesting, you'd learn that this is all about race. Which is precisely why this manner of dissent has been chosen. And quite frankly, why it is working so well. It's certainly shining a spotlight on the ol' "I'm no racist, but..." crew.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Because not agreeing with the protests mean you are a white racist LOL

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Indeed...but if you listened to those protesting, you'd learn that this is all about race. Which is precisely why this manner of dissent has been chosen. And quite frankly, why it is working so well. It's certainly shining a spotlight on the ol' "I'm no racist, but..." crew.

Dislike for Trump is political not racial.

It was the same for Clinton, Bush and Obama...people disliked their policies.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Wait...its working well?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Dislike for Trump is political not racial.
It was the same for Clinton, Bush and Obama...people disliked their policies.
Does this not involve Trump greeting the protests by saying "Fire the sons o' bitches?" And getting a "# you very much, Mr. President" from those who he is disparaging?

originally posted by: BlueJacket
Wait...its working well?

Sure put it on your radar, didn't it?
edit on 27-9-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: yes, indeed!

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Yes we pride ourselve on being more proud then everybody else. !00% agree with the thread.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Steph who? Am I supposed to know who this woman is?
edit on 27-9-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join