It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coach teaches some respect for the National Anthem

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: 4003fireglo

because no one is talking about the reason why, which is a pretty decent indication the protest failed

Sure there are. But the clueless people don't because they are only caught up in the hoopla, not the background.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

This wasn't at all the point of the OP. The point was that standing for the National Anthem is a sign of respect for the men and women that fought for our ideals, including the right to protest. So kneeling during song is effectively spitting in the face of those that sacrificed everything to GIVE you the right to act like an asshat.

I don't find not standing during the singing of the National Anthem to be disrespecting anyone. Did all those people fight and die for a country where people are forced to display patriotism and to do so as others see fit?

Who determined that national anthems are necessary, that our national anthem is strictly about honoring the military and that sporting events were the appropriate venue for these compulsory displays of patriotism?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
Oh look, more people whining about Americans exercising Constituional rights.

???

So people can't use their Constitutional rights to offer their opinions if they differ?

I don't get it.

You support some having Constitutional rights but when others use their Constitutional rights, they're to shut up?

I just don't understand.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Divide and conquer

Second line: Repeat the first.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Justso

I do not need to be told what the subject matter is Justso.

And as for what happened to me? Nothing happened to me. It just seems that way, because your lot pissed off clear to the wrong side of the political spectrum, and dug themselves deeper into that cesspit every day, since that tangerine tumour you called a president was elected. That did not happen to me, that happened to everyone the hell else. I have not moved a damned inch, and I am unlikely to either.

The wrong side of the political spectrum? That's funny. The fact you even think there is a right side or wrong side of the political spectrum is revealing.

As for the people who fought and died through history to build America, I seriously doubt they had in mind some overpaid spoiled group of brats insulting the whole country because they got brainwashed by the tele. You just made the mistake of thinking that the argument is a constitutional one. It isn't. No one has said they don't have the right to their views, only that they are douche bags for throwing their little temper tantrums and blaming everyone in the name of some throwback issue being drummed up again by radical leftists.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

Sounds like another liberal who finds the concept of walking and chewing gum at the same time alien.
Meanwhile, Trump is already planning to visit Puerto Rico next week and the aid effort is well underway.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Sounds like another liberal who finds the concept of walking and chewing gum at the same time alien.
Meanwhile, Trump is already planning to visit Puerto Rico next week and the aid effort is well underway.

in what sense is it well underway? :/

also, trump's been ranting about sportsball for days and only just got around to saying anything about PR.

also, they don't need a visit from his bloviated ass or ego, they need aid.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
If a study is ever done of that nature I think you will find that those who are protesting are relatively lazy when it comes to actually doing things to improve the situation that they're complaining about.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

also, trump's been ranting about sportsball for days and only just got around to saying anything about PR.

Like I said - its not difficult to walk and chew gum at the same time. To suggest that the content of tweets describes the focus of the govt is childish - the kind of childishness we've come to expect from those still twisted up by the election.

President Donald Trump is moving to apply the full resources of the federal government to assist in the Hurricane Maria relief efforts underway in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. FEMA officials told Breitbart Texas that progress is being made, “but there is still a long way to go.” “We’re working closely with our federal partners to support Governors Mapp & Rossello, in their response efforts,” a Federal Emergency Management (FEMA) told Breitbart Texas in a written statement. “Hurricane Maria had devastating effects on the islands, seriously impacting communications, power and logistical access. While significant progress is being made, there is still a long way to go. As access to ports, airfields, and roads continues to become available, additional resources will continue to flow into hard-hit areas.” In addition to military resources being deployed by the president, FEMA deployed more than 500 people to both of the U.S. territories affected by the category 4 hurricane that slammed ashore last week. FEMA Urban Search and Rescue Task Force members saved or assisted 557 people and two pets during a search of more than 2,600 structures.

Trump is planning to be in Puerto Rico next Tuesday.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
If the player(s) really want to make a statement, then stand for the anthem and take a knee for the game.

It would actually show true commitment for thee issue and I would admire the hell out of them.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

If you have a problem with these kneeling protests, then you have no idea what the flag you covet is supposed to stand for, nor what the blood you falsely claim to wish to honour, was actually shed for.

Rich coming from across the pond. You have 0 clue what our flag means so you really should just STFU.

How much of a pampas ass do you have to be to think you know what our flag represents more than an American?
edit on 26-9-2017 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
If the player(s) really want to make a statement, then stand for the anthem and take a knee for the game.

It would actually show true commitment for thee issue and I would admire the hell out of them.

Wow what a great idea. But their money is way more important than their morals.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

What have you done to help? Oh yeah memes.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Compare your tweet (evidence?) to this:

Sept. 5th - Hurricane Irma - President Donald J. Trump Approves Puerto Rico Emergency Declaration

Sept. 6th - Hurricane Irma - Readout of President Donald J. Trump’s Call with Governor Ricardo Rosselló of Puerto Rico

Sept 10th - Hurricane Irma - President Donald J. Trump Approves Puerto Rico Disaster Declaration

Sept 18th - Hurricane Maria - President Donald J. Trump Approves Puerto Rico Emergency Declaration

Sept. 20th - Hurricane Maria - Statement from the Press Secretary on Hurricane Response and Recovery Efforts in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands

Sept. 21st - Hurricane Maria - President Donald J. Trump Approves Puerto Rico Disaster Declaration

Today Sept. 26th - Hurricane Maria - President Donald J. Trump Amends Puerto Rico Disaster Declaration

So who's lying here?
edit on 26-9-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

They're protesting Police Violence. They aren't protesting the Flag, the Soldiers, America or anything other than Police Violence.

Get a grip and stop worshiping symbols.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

They're protesting Police Violence. They aren't protesting the Flag, the Soldiers, America or anything other than Police Violence.

Get a grip and stop worshiping symbols.

If I told you I was protesting police violence by s##t-posting on ATS, would you defend me when others told me otherwise?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

That is beyond even my capabilities, since the only way to achieve any kind of enlightenment, is through personal effort and research, not through being force fed.
The people who died to make America a reality, those who gave their lives and died, and indeed those who dedicated their entire lives to its foundation, did not do so, in order that America could become as indoctrinated, mentally incompetent and backwards as the Empire it fought to gain its independence. The people who fashioned America from the raw material of the land beneath their feet and the human resources available to them at the time, were not Pavlovian in their responses to the demand for patriotism that many in this period adhere to and respond to. They were thoughtful, insightful, fiercely independent persons, who understood that government is dangerous if it is allowed to run amok. They also knew that fealty to banner and state, which they had experienced well enough under British rule, was a weakness, not a strength, because it removed a persons ability to be objective and honest about the quality of ones own life, not to mention the quality of the governance one was foisted with.

These were not people led around by the nose, aroused to some patriotic fever pitch by a cheeky glimpse of some flag cloth. These were realistic, practical people, and wise to boot. That is why there is no part of the constitution of the United States of America, which demands blind loyalty to its government, nor insists on pseudo religious worship of its emblems or flags. Simply put, the men who came together to Declare the Independence of the United States, the people who penned its constitution, were not the same weak minded dross who populate its halls of power now, nor were they the kind of knuckle dragging ingrates who either needed to be, or desired to be controlled with imagery, or told what they ought and ought not respect. They were told constantly that they ought to respect the law as handed down by the British, and they gave the proverbial finger to that, despite the fact that America did not actually exist at the time, that there was no flag, there was no unified identity, and understand, these men did not formulate independence, nor the constitution, for the purposes of creating a unified identity. They did so, in order that they be free of the tyranny of identity which was the British Empire (I am British, but empire building is a Roman trait, one we should have allowed to pass away with the same speed at which the habit of wearing togas did).

They did not rewrite the future of an entire continent, just so the sort of mindless, drooling halfwittery which informed the British Empires manner of controlling its citizens, could be used in future to control the masses in the United States of America. There was supposed to be a difference, it was supposed to be better than that, its people wiser.

Standing there and flag worshiping, and throwing up ones hands in horror when someone fails to respect the flag, is precisely the sort of mentality that the founders of your nation were sick enough of, to rebel against, because that mentality was too easily led, to easily controlled into accepting the unacceptable, tolerating the intolerable, and even now, as intolerable things happen in this century, people are more appalled at the idea that someone might not have a strong enough boner for a piece of cloth, than they are about the need for a protest and what initiated it in the first place.

You might as well piss in the founding fathers eyesockets, for all that screaming about the flag and the anthem (which, by the way in the case of the anthem, was only adopted formally in 1931) would endear you to them, were they alive to see it.

How many Americans kept reading this drivel after this?

, However with specific regard to the flag, and what it actually represents...

edit on 26-9-2017 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

They're protesting Police Violence.

Naw, they are just doing the opposite of what Trump says just because it's the new and cool thing to do.

DB made a great point, let them take a knee for the whole game, let's see how serious they are.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Maybe, if that was really what you were doing.

But sh*t posting online isn't the same as Silently taking a knee is it.

People are complaining about them Protesting the Flag. That isn't what they're protesting. Taking a knee during the anthem isn't even offensive.

Everyone is just trying to be offended by it because they want to be.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join