It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a 1 TB Harddisk!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Hi everyone. I just bought a 1 TB Seagate SATA HDD today, and I want to download the coolest games people play today. I like realistic games rather than those full of robots and droids, I like war games , simulators, car and motor sport games, etc. I don't like ball games or other sport games than motorsport. I also like older games at the top and most famous category.

So please hand over to me the names of good games, that everyone likes on this small planet. thanks...

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: spidermastermind

Throw it out..
And get SSD instead..
It makes a big impact in read and write speed.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

The first computer I ever bought was an IBM from radio shack.
166mhz pentium
16mb ram
4x cd rom
And .... Wait for it... 2gb hard drive....

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Take a look through this thread here I started a couple of months ago. Lots of games listed and suggestions by people on here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: spidermastermind
Hi everyone. I just bought a 1 TB Seagate SATA HDD today, and I want to download the coolest games people play today. I like realistic games rather than those full of robots and droids, I like war games , simulators, car and motor sport games, etc. I don't like ball games or other sport games than motorsport. I also like older games at the top and most famous category.

So please hand over to me the names of good games, that everyone likes on this small planet. thanks...

Here are some to get you started. What are your system specs? RAM, CPU, video card?
Also, yeah, get an SSD instead. It'll be 100 times faster. Use the HDD as a backup drive.

Install Steam here
Civilization VI
Dirt Rally
Counter-Strike is massively popular but I think it's garbage. Your opinion may differ.
Metro 2033 and Metro: Last Light

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Get a SSD as well.

The SSD should be your primary drive.

And that 1 terabyte can be for storage.

1 TB is nice however it's probably slow.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It's not the size of the hard drive that matters but how you use it.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
First one I bought was a
66mz Cyrix
4 mg ram
Don't remember HD size but I know it was MB not GB

My first computer was a commodore 64. My dad bought it.
I still have.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: abago71

I had a commodore when I was a kid too.
My first computer was a Texas Instruments something or other.
I loaded game with a tape recorder and had cartridges like Nintendo games.

The IBM was the first one I bought on my own

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

My big 2 games are World of Warships and War Thunder...pretty good though world of warships is a bit arcade-ish.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
If the hdd is a sata6G/sata600, it´s almost as fast as a ssd.

I think you would like Arma3.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

If you like racing simulators I'd suggest Assetto Corsa or F1 2017 , Project Cars 2 is good but needs a few patches before I'd recommend it.
The new Doom is awesome if you want a fun blast and PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS is probably the best online shooter at the moment , you vs up to 99 other people on an island , last man standing wins.

If you're looking for a great looking game with story and action the Witcher 3 is the best RPG ever created (probably).

So many great games out there.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

Throw it out..
And get SSD instead..
It makes a big impact in read and write speed.

This 100x,I didn't know much a difference an SSD made until buying a new laptop this year.
SSD is the way to go I won't buy another standard drive even if it is 72000rpm.

SSD + 8 core AMD at 4.5ghz + 16 gigs of ram and you have some serious speed. Combine with an Nvidea 1070 with 8 gigs of vram and it can tackle any project.

My boot speed went from about 1minute to down to 10 seconds.

edit on 25-9-2017 by VashTheStampede because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This is my top 4 currently.

Kerbal space program : sandbox/simulation , where you build rockets and send them to space , pretty heavy learning curve but well worth it , highly mod friendly.

Battlefield 1 , simple online first person shooter , but really fun.

I will also recommend PUBG , this one certainly get your blood flowing and your adrenaline levels up.

Divinity 2 : A RPG with Turn based combat , very dungeons and dragons like , pretty good also has co op and a gamemaster mode where you build your own campaign to host for your friends.

edit on 25-9-2017 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-9-2017 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
If you enjoy puzzles, then you'll love "The Witness". Most amazing puzzle game I've ever played. Sort of in the style of the old games 'Myst' or 'The 7th Guest', but miles better. It all takes place on an island, complete with settlements, a cave system, towers, statues, and strange technology.

Mind-bending and difficult... Some puzzles will be complete gibberish/nonsense the first time you see them, but later on you'll solve a couple at other locations, and then all at once the understanding will click- you'll return and solve it. It's a game to purchase along with a couple others from different (and faster/more exciting) genres... Because you'll play for a few hours, hit a wall, bang your brain against that wall for a while, and get frustrated. Then you'll switch it up and play something faster for hours, or a couple days, or maybe even a week. But you'll keep thinking about the challenge of The Witness, and you'll go back and solve it. EXCELLENT!

'The Witness' Wiki

It's quiet, it's not exciting, but it is very rewarding when you pass one of the many challenges. One of the most original and amazing titles I've ever played.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
OP. first...get you a good emulator to play x,box,PS games with. then download ROM backups of all th egames that interest you. Oh and dont forget to get a ROM player so you can get those games working.

If you want to go console...invest in pr emodded units with the switch on them so you can swap from legit play to offline mod play.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
my first was an Atari 130XE Modified to a 320k and two hard drives with arc write capacity 8 bit heaven i believe they were 1050s and i had a CSS Black box ICD MIO
edit on 03 08 2017 by TimHeller because: added words

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

The first computer I ever bought was an IBM from radio shack.
166mhz pentium
16mb ram
4x cd rom
And .... Wait for it... 2gb hard drive....

Isn't that a lot of space for back then? What year was this?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

My first computer had... and wait for it....

No hard drive.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Best guess is 1995 or 1996
I remember radio shack had 2 models at their store.
200mhz or 166mhz
The hard drives were 3 or 2gb depending on the model.

I want to say mine was $2000 and the other was $2300

Found it!

thepractitionerd.com...
edit on 25-9-2017 by Bluntone22 because: Eta

top topics

<<   2 >>

join