It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare Events Happened During Earthquakes in Mexico.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
The rare event I am talking about is that throughout many areas in Mexico lights in the sky were caught appearing all over the areas affected the most by the earthquake.

This video was filmed during a live news broadcast right before and during the 8.1 earthquake. Notice that in the background you can see part of the sky in that area of Mexico.

Starting at 2:03 minutes you start to see the lights appearing in the ground and sky.

The above is a well known but rare event that occurs in a small number of earthquakes. What happens is that "it is believed" that when two tectonic plates are forced against each other, the friction between the tectonic plates causes pizoelectric fields/electric discharges that shoot up into the sky.

Here is another strange occurrence which could be outgassing making it look like the ground was "breathing".

edit on 24-9-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct link.

edit on 24-9-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I'd say that the lights are electrical transformers. I have seen the same in severe storms. Just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: recrisp

No, they are not transformers blowing. Its a known phenomena world wide, and even has been studied for years.

Earthquake Lights Explained

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: HanSolo31

Alrighty then...

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: HanSolo31
a reply to: recrisp

No, they are not transformers blowing. Its a known phenomena world wide, and even has been studied for years.

Earthquake Lights Explained

That's it just no?

Sorry but when a transformer blows it lets out a very cool flash of light and depending on the the cloud cover the light may have different color, I have seen green, blue and white flashes from transformers blowing.

Not saying that eq lights are not a thing but transformers makes much more sense in bigger cities.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: recrisp
I'd say that the lights are electrical transformers. I have seen the same in severe storms. Just my opinion.

Exactly, they are all very similar. Not lights in the sky but ground-level eighborhood transformers with their fuses being blown. I've seen such in my own neighborhood accompanied with a very loud "bang."

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I don't disbelieve in earthquake lights, but these definitely look like transformers blowing. The clouds are illuminated directly above the bright flashes on the ground.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Not all those lights are electric terminals giving up.
Some originate in the sky first. Those are the EQ lights.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

The clouds still light up in the exact same fashion. One might be led to believe they are simply farther away. Too far away to see the transformer on the ground, for example.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I agree with the majority , as the blue flashes are IN the city .
Transformers blowing
Once , during a freak blizzard here in the South , I sat on my front porch and watched transformers blow. I would call the city and let them know the location each time.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I can't believe those people just standing around looking at the road flexing like that! I would be thinking sinkhole and run like a scared schoolboy!

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

You are right. The swaying of power lines and tree branches, making connections and arcing, then overloading transformers is what I saw in this footage too.

You can see in the distance the flashes occurring on the ground, then reflected in the sky. All of the flashes are (blue) white, the sure sign of electrical arcing.

Good eye.

edit on 24-9-2017 by intrptr because: (blue)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnderKingsPeak

Not all those lights are electric terminals giving up.

Look again, the flashes are occurring on the ground or in power lines, first.
edit on 24-9-2017 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Exactly, they are all very similar. Not lights in the sky but ground-level eighborhood transformers with their fuses being blown. I've seen such in my own neighborhood accompanied with a very loud "bang."

But what is causing them to overload? Is it power lines being cut due to the shockwaves? Or is there a high voltage potential between the ground and clouds which causes the lines to trip fuses?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell
Wires bumping into each other would be a good guess.
The wind does it too.

edit on 9/24/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: stormcell
Wires bumping into each other would be a good guess.
The wind does it too.

It's not transformers blowing up. Transformers don't discharge into the sky and light up the sky like that.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Here is another video showing this as it happened in Mexico.

Here is another one. The audio in the above video is too creepy and was added by the youtube user for dramatization.

This one is more real without the creepy music.

edit on 24-9-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add comments and link.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Ok.
If you say so.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You are going to tell me those little explosions are the same as these?...

Oh and btw, perhaps you didn't know it but it wasn't raining, and at that moment there was no hurricane in Mexico...it was an earthquake...

You need new glasses. The excuses you make up to avoid confronting the truth...

edit on 24-9-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Oh and btw, perhaps you didn't know it but it wasn't raining, and at that moment there was no hurricane in Mexico...it was an earthquake...

I know. It wasn't the rain that blew the transformers. It was the wires shorting because they bumped into each other, from the wind.

Just like the wires bumping into each other during the earthquake.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join