It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My New Ride

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I recently paid my old car off and figured while I still have a ton equity in it I would buy a new one, basically a big step up for me. I ended up getting a new Honda Civic Touring. It has a ton of options and can get up to 42 mpg. I have it up to 37 right now. That is part city, part interstate. It has plenty of get up and go due to the turbo. Its not my dream ride but it gets me closer to my goal. My wife said I could have my dream car when I retire. She also said I could have a dog when I turn 50. I don't see no dog. So I gotta do what I can. All around I am pretty jacked.

You are so kind.
edit on 24-9-2017 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2017 by Tarzan the apeman. because: I need to learn how to proofread

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAA

Rookie mistake.... lol

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I see this thread disappearing very soon...

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Well, this is a completely different opening than when I first responded.
Ohhh,and it's red and very pretty.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Is this Wife approved .. ?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

She told her sister there was no stopping me, so it was going to happen.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Well, nice ride! Hey now you can drive on over to the local shelter and adopt a kid and take em for a ride!!!! Wonder what your wife would say if you pulled in with a new best friend in your passenger seat? LOL!

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I've had many vehicles, both foreign and domestic- my current vehicle is a 2005 Honda Civic, and it has been hands down the most reliable and efficient car I've driven. I would love to upgrade to a new model, but really have no reason except to stop the drool from forming when I see what you are driving now! I'm at nearly 200K and the only problems I have is some minor body damage from being side-swiped (hit & run on the day of the Trump rally here in Seattle), and a bunch of crumbs on the passenger seat where my GF nests.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Nice car, cute little camper too. The camper would make a good bug out bag.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

The car I sold was a 2013 Honda Civic. I was going to trade it in but they were going to low ball me 3 grand. I know the dealership has to make money, but that car was spotless and had only 62000 miles on it.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

You are correct it is sorta a camper/bug out. If shtf we are hooking it up to the truck and heading north or south depends where the poop hit.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
it's adorable. I bet you look good in it, too.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
My wife said I could have my dream car when I retire. She also said I could have a dog when I turn 50.

Sounds like you need a new wife, not a new car.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
hmm I I have 2010 elantra with only 40,000k miles on it. wonder what a trade in I could get for that. I want a truck.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I pick on her all the time about it. She puts up with me so she's not all that bad.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
VTEC just kicked in YO!

Should've gotten a subaru, I think you would've been happier. Oh well, grats on the rice mobile XD

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Good looking car! I'm more of the jacked-up Jeep sort of guy, myself, but alas, I can't afford either. C'est la vie.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

That's pretty slick, bud

You can always modify it "on the sly" *wink wink*...yeah honey, im just taking it in for a tune up, im gonna have them make a few minor adjustments so it will be more "economical".

(economical with your time, because it gets you places faster... You never said economical with fuel or money...)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

We will be doing some mods but not until the warrantee is up. Already look up some parts. Would like to make it into a sleeper.

top topics

join