It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I was in Trumps position I would completely cut of trade with China RE N.Korea

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Forgive me if any of my information is incorrect as I am a Brit and have only ever visited the US on vacation so I don't pretend to know as much as about the NK situation as you guys do 'across the pond'... Remember our biggest station is the BBC *groan* so goodness knows what crap we are fed

It seems to me that as the situation stands. China will defend N.K if America attacks first.

Clearly this is all to do with China's fear of US and S.K troops on their border. Are China really that stupid to believe that the USA are going to invade them or something? If not then can somebody please explain why China are so against the USA attacking first?

China are a part of this world and are in just as much danger from N.K as everybody else if Rocket man decides to push that button... So why are they so reluctant to sanction as hard as possible and/or even go into N.K and deal with Kim themselves.

Again, forgive me if I come across as ignorant. I just don't understand why China are not encouraging the USA to go in and deal with Kim?

Personally if I was Trump I would give China a very clear choice. Stop trading with your friend or we will stop trading with you, simple as that...But then that is just me.

I would appreciate if people could be kind in their responses. Do not insult me, educate me please...
edit on 23/9/2017 by fusiondoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: fusiondoe

Im just gonna ask you one thing...besides the Austrian Prince being killed...what caused ww1 and ww2? protectionism..we are tottering on a razors edge.

edit on 23-9-2017 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Then where would Trump and Ivanka's products be made?

Malaysia sure. Pakistani children? Yeah... But they both need the Chinese Sweat shops... especially Capt. Donny Square Pants with his "Make America Great Again" baseball caps.

Ivan-ka and her purses too..

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Under the law you establish culpability in a fight over who put hands on the other first. You can't hit someone over words no matter how angry they make you. That being said I am from the old school of if someone starts a fight with you then you should be the one that finishes it...

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Then where would Trump and Ivanka's products be made?

Malaysia sure. Pakistani children? Yeah... But they both need the Chinese Sweat shops... especially Capt. Donny Square Pants with his "Make America Great Again" baseball caps.

Ivan-ka and her purses too..

How about America?

I would be all in on that idea.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Its also apparent nobody knows history any more, or civics. I dont know why I bother...it must be the booze

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: fusiondoe

It seems to me that as the situation stands. China will defend N.K if America attacks first.

1: Clearly this is all to do with China's fear of US and S.K troops on their border. Are China really that stupid to believe that the USA are going to invade them or something? If not then can somebody please explain why China are so against the USA attacking first?

2: China are a part of this world and are in just as much danger from N.K as everybody else if Rocket man decides to push that button... So why are they so reluctant to sanction as hard as possible and/or even go into N.K and deal with Kim themselves.

Again, forgive me if I come across as ignorant. I just don't understand why China are not encouraging the USA to go in and deal with Kim?

3: Personally if I was Trump I would give China a very clear choice. Stop trading with your friend or we will stop trading with you, simple as that...But then that is just me.

I would appreciate if people could be kind in their responses. Do not insult me, educate me please...

1: China is not afraid the US will attack them but do fear that an open and free capitalist nation and ideology will infiltrate their border.
2: China wants NK to have a nuclear deterent. NK is a buffer state between the US and China.
3: Walk into any WallMart and look at where most of the items come from. China produces the vast majority of what we buy. If trade with China is suspended, US shelves would be bare within days or a few weeks at the most.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Then the us would have 0 goods... most of their products are from china

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I wouldn't count on it because there are probably elements within the Chinese government and military that will continue their support for North Korea.

While Xi Jinping hates Fat Boy, he probably doesn't want to anger the wrong people.
edit on 9/23/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: xuenchen

I wouldn't count on it because there are probably elements within the Chinese government and military that will continue their support for North Korea.

100% most likely.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
China and the US have a new hotline for the one purpose.
China writes a lot of the sanctions against NK (the UN sanctions)
If China did not agree with the added US sanctions , would they not be more aggressive in getting that message out ?
China has already warned NK in case they release radiation or any trespass against China purposely or not . Multiple times
Both China and Russia has an increased military presence on their respective areas bordering NK. Not as some assume for the purpose of countering the US or assisting NK.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Really? Do you have any idea how many HUGE companies rely on Chinese products? What would happen to the U.S. economy when those companies tanked and laid-off all their employees? Brilliant idea. Keep thinking like that and Trump will almost certainly off you a job.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
China has far more to lose than the US in a trade war. I agree with the OPs sentiment.

Sure, it would be painful for US consumers initially, but many need to stop buying that useless cheap Chinese crap anyway. If there is still demand for it, someone will make in the US or other countries that aren't openly hostile to us. It is bad enough the Chinese don't even respect our intellectual property.

I say F'em.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Nobody should insult you. Your ideas are as valuable as anyone’s.

It just that China has so much invested in America an economic war with them might be self-destructive

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Im just gonna ask you one thing...besides the Austrian Prince being killed...what caused ww1 and ww2? protectionism..we are tottering on a razors edge.

how about a new reason for a war today...USA endless printing of money...backed by "faith"

if I played by the "economic rules defined" and kept getting kicked in the face by American endless printing of money and I had a big rock....well...I would probably throw it.

hey...maybe certain people in power think like me....america just keeps on printing money and adding money debt to future generations...which relatively speaking, means nothing, because it will NEVER be repaid. Nevermind harm to environment and our own health...

I wouldn't probably throw the rock...I would say....f*** you cheaters!!...and throw the rock!

If america was forced to live within its means.....well..I'll just shut up and wait for the rock...rock(s)!

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Through assertive military exercises and statements, Beijing has warned repeatedly that it could defend North Korea if it is attacked by the United States. Yet at the same time, a series of shifts in China’s military posture near the North Korean border suggest a military increasingly willing to send forceful signals to Kim Jong Un: At times of heightened tensions, the Chinese military appears to be preparing itself for the fall of Pyongyang. Though America cannot know precisely when and how it would intervene, this much is certain: China is prepared to keep the peace on the Korean peninsula—whether the White House likes it or not

source

China is in a precarious position...and they are acting the same way I would act..."hey, this is my backyard, you don't need to come here." Or in a more American tone: "I got this." All the while telling NK that if NK goes live, there's a HUGE problem.

Really the only thing Jinping can do is increase the sanctions to include oil, and maybe even sending the NK workers back home. If Jinping opts for any sort of military actions, he can expect the same kind of rude lip service that NK is giving to Trump. Let's not forget that Jinping has 3 billion citizens to consider. And Trump's "destroy" comment in the UN doesn't help anything.

additional reading

additional reading 2

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Ah Metallicus? Youre the best! I always like reading youre replies-threads. Oh course youre right....

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Ive always believed China was key to solving NK nuclear issue.

One executive order keeping china borne ships fom docking would fix this right quick.

To those thinking China holds cards, no they don't

New York minute fix.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

originally posted by: fusiondoe

1: Clearly this is all to do with China's fear of US and S.K troops on their border. Are China really that stupid to believe that the USA are going to invade them or something? If not then can somebody please explain why China are so against the USA attacking first?

2: China are a part of this world and are in just as much danger from N.K as everybody else if Rocket man decides to push that button... So why are they so reluctant to sanction as hard as possible and/or even go into N.K and deal with Kim themselves.

3: Personally if I was Trump I would give China a very clear choice. Stop trading with your friend or we will stop trading with you, simple as that...But then that is just me.

1: China is not afraid the US will attack them but do fear that an open and free capitalist nation and ideology will infiltrate their border.
2: China wants NK to have a nuclear deterent. NK is a buffer state between the US and China.
3: Walk into any WallMart and look at where most of the items come from. China produces the vast majority of what we buy. If trade with China is suspended, US shelves would be bare within days or a few weeks at the most.

1- who is worried, China?
I live in Hong Kong, the mainlanders are crazy capitalists, believe me.

2- buffer? There will be no ground invasion of China and I doubt china wants a radioactive country so close to them.

3- nobody will run out of bath towels and plastic toys.
They will only cost more for a little while.

But things are not as simple as op thinks.
China either has the power or it doesn't, over NK.
I don't think it does.

They helped create a monster with hydrogen bombs.

Someone is going to have to take the regime out and reeducate the population.
Slowly.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join