It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time for American isolationism and new goals

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Good god man, I never claimed to be an expert in global economics. I'm only starting a discussion to help America avoid a collapse from all the debt we are incurring. Please add your opinion on how that can be avoided. You don't like my idea, ok great. Have an idea?

I have an idea...who's going to collect on the debt? Some global repo man?

It's just meaningless 1s and 0s in some BS data base. It's not even real money backed up with tangible commodities. It's ghost money....

Ignore it and chill out. Worrying about the National debt is like worrying about planet X.
edit on 23-9-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Our bank accounts are just ones and zeros....
Scary thought..

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I've thought the very same for years, but I've come to accept the fact that this is never going to happen.

Its never going to happen for a variety of reasons, the chief being that whereas I would have to guess someone like you thinks the "citizens" are in charge via the elections and that the Government works for us, that simply isn't the case, and hasn't been since the end of WWII. The "Deep State" and the MIC run the Government and its all about big bucks for defense.

So.......dream on and in the mean time..........buy silver coins and lots of them!

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Our bank accounts are just ones and zeros....
Scary thought..

Do you know the difference between macro vs micro economics?

www.businessdictionary.com...

You're invested in the micro world and worried about the macro world....here ya go....

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7
The Chinese have already expanded their international presence with artificial islands, a military base in Africa, including the land that used to house an American drone fleet before the Djibouti government terminated the lease for a better deal with the Chinese, and a growing carrier fleet. Whether they can carry and launch one jet, five, fifteen or fifty is irrelevant.

The fact that they do now have the capability to project their force if they choose to do so, and are continuing to expand said capabilities proves they are just as much a threat as anybody else. They do not want to show down with the USA because they know anybody who steps to us will suffer bigly even if we have to take a few licks ourselves. So they are quietly awaiting for us to step back. As long as we maintain control of the possessions we have secured with NATO though even while we stop expanding, we can hold them off from force projection for another decade at least from becoming the bully we are winding down from. China wants its moment to overrun and consume the Pacific alliances, we cannot and must not allow it!

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

LONG'S they don't get all uppity south of the YALU ,for now,we will not hit them.
We are positioning with a pacific pivot,I guess we'll find out.
Their experimental fleets aren't cable right now.
AND we won't need to make landfall,to mess things up with EMPs once lasers are ready as will be soon rail guns.
Unless ,Project Thor is real then anyone the world is screwed if the hit us,which is WHY space wasn't to be militarized.
BUT we all know the gun space race will be ours too,anyway.
AT least we refuse to take over or absorb ANY new states.
Trade deals and BASES.
Unless the Hillary fans get in to continue "Democracy building" that WONDERFUL think tank idea, alongside money

edit on 24-9-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   

You mean the UN,which is the CIA,been in buisness for years,destroying democracys,all in the name of humanitarian aid,the UN is the big corporation,they own the world economy,they have the money

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   

You mean the UN,which is the CIA,been in buisness for years,destroying democracys,all in the name of humanitarian aid,the UN is the big corporation,they own the world economy,they have the money

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I am looking forward to hearing about the deployments of the lasers. And those who are alert and dig through the information from certain outlets will recognize when there are reports of terrorist commandos or enemy positions being reported to appear to have died from some fire, but the damage is localized to themselves and the small radius around them. No bombings, no strafing run, no sabotage or explosives on site.

Just a long range tactical laser shot from a stealth UCAV in the distance in the middle of the night. invisible laser, no sound, dark as night. They may as well have spontaneously combusted. I have not caught on to any reports of such yet, but I imagine it won't be much longer.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

GLAD I don't have to face any in the field.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

My idea?

Step one..limit the amount of time and money lobbyists can give to politicians so they can legislate without having to repay debts.

Eliminate the IRS with a a tax system that is simplified. Possibly a consume only tax system.

The main problem is switching from a massive consumer system of purchasing useless trivial goods while keeping the economy afloat.

Currently the economy requires useless consumption to keep going at the expense of personal savings. That slow transition is a difficult part of the fix.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join