It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto. Breaking Story. Don’t Let This Go Unshared!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+103 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Monsanto Is Scrambling To Bury This Breaking Story – Don’t Let This Go Unshared!

I am frankly shocked this information is not making front page news right now. Monsanto will do anything to bury this story… and as of right now, it’s working. Not a single mainstream media outlet has covered this appalling new report that shows millions of people being poisoned by a chemical that does not belong in our food.

A FDA-registered food safety laboratory tested iconic American food for residues of the weed killer glyphosate (aka Monsanto’s Roundup) and found ALARMING amounts.

Just to give you an idea of how outrageous these amounts are, independent research shows that probable harm to human health begins at really low levels of exposure – at only 0.1 ppb of glyphosate. Many foods were found to have over 1,000 times this amount! Well above what regulators throughout the world consider “safe”.

Independent research links glyphosate to cancerand it has been deemed a probable human carcinogen by the World Health Organization’s team of international cancer experts.

The childhood cancer rate is steadily rising and experts say that they don’t know why. Why are they not taking a closer look at these facts? Research also indicates that glyphosate is an endocrine disruptor, which disrupts hormones and leads to reproductive problems, early onset puberty, obesity, diabetes, and some cancers.

When it comes to endocrine disruptors, very small exposures are the most damaging, so “the dose makes the poison” mantra does not apply! Glyphosate is a broad-spectrum antibiotic killing the good bacteria in your gut. Poor gut health is linked to inflammation and a whole host of diseases. As GMOs laced with glyphosate are commonly fed to farm animals, this could very well be contributing to antibiotic-resistant bacteria.

Well I know that for truth. When I was eating only what I grew? I was healthy as a horse. After coming back to the States and eating this shat that's called 'food' here? I'm sick all the time, gained weight, feel like crap. There ya go.

How many of your friends and family have their cabinets filled with these foods? These people need to know this information.

I can't post the whole article per T&C but I would really suggest you all go read it and pass it on. We're being killed by what we eat and they just smile and pocket the money and go right on watching us shove it down our fat pie holes begging for more. (Not to insult anyone - it's th eopinion I believe THEY have, not me... Well kind'a me also).

peace
edit on 4504Monday201713 by silo13 because: add red

+24 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Even the organic products are affected by this. If these results are legit there is a MAJOR concern that needs to be addressed immediately.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Even the organic products are affected by this. If these results are legit there is a MAJOR concern that needs to be addressed immediately.

I'm glad you pointed that out. I should have.

Not a good thing - at all.

peace
edit on 2304Monday201713 by silo13 because: spacing

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
If this is the case, even your home made foods will be poisoned. I would like to know how much is in a cup of rice.. Even organic rice at that. It's not so much the farmed food but the weed killer that comes in contact with it.

So if this is the case, no one is safe! No matter what you eat or how careful you are about eating healthy, you're poisoned either way. You can't just wash this stuff off.

+20 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Oh my! that is so utterly deplorable and really very scary. How on earth can Government bodies pass this food as safe with such levels if only 1ppb is deemed unsafe? Makes no sense

Here's a link to the full independent report
Glyphosates

+16 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
4 years ago this was first getting exposed

originally posted by: xuenchen (thread from 2013)
They Finally answered my question from Aug 8th !!!

It took long enough.

Expert Answer(s):

Question

How much pesticide and / or weed killer gets absorbed into freshly planted GM seeds from residual amounts in the soil from previous treatments ? And how much gets absorbed by plants through roots after new treatments ? And, do end products retain any pesticide or weed killer amounts (other than washable surface amounts) that would be unsafe to humans ? Who determines safe levels if any levels do in fact exist ? And finally, are different amounts absorbed by non-GM originated plants ?

Question Submitted by: xuenchen from chicago, Illinois

Answer

Your questions all relate to the safety of pesticide residues that may occur in GM crops. That’s a reasonable concern given the rapid adoption and widespread use of GM crops. Importantly, since crops tolerant to herbicides such as glyphosate are very popular among farmers, spraying of glyphosate could lead to residues of the active ingredient in the forage or grain that is consumed by animals or humans. When farmers spray fields to eliminate weeds that compete with the crop and reduce yield, the vast majority of the glyphosate enters plants through the leaves. Glyphosate is tightly bound to soil, and little or no glyphosate is taken up from the soil, either by newly planted seeds or by existing plants, whether GM or non-GM. One of the reasons that glyphosate is so popular with farmers is that farmers can safely plant other crops after using glyphosate without impacts on the subsequent crop. Over time, soil microorganisms break down any glyphosate residues in the soil.

Any glyphosate residues that remain in the plant decrease over time following application, and are less in grain compared to leaves. Processing of grain for use in food also reduces detectible residues. For example, there is no detectible glyphosate present in the oil fraction in soybean or corn oil.

Finally, since there is the potential for residues of glyphosate to remain in forage and grain used in animal feed and human foods, the levels must be measured across many locations and environments to determine the highest levels that might be present. In the US, the EPA is responsible to examine all uses of pesticides and must examine the residue data and establish safe levels of exposure. All uses must be approved and the combined exposure from all crops must be below the acceptable dose level established by the EPA. This process was described previously in detail on this site. That answer can be found at: (gmoanswers.com...). Other countries follow similar procedures within their regulatory agencies.

Answered by: Marian Bleeke on Thursday, 10/17/2013 7:02 pm

Fate and Metabolism Platform Lead, Monsanto

I joined Monsanto in 1984 after receiving my Ph.D. in Agricultural and Environmental Chemistry from the University of California – Berkeley. I am part of the Regulatory Environmental Sciences Technology Center, and have spent my career on understanding how Monsanto’s agricultural chemical products behave in the environment. We study what happens to our products in plants, animals, soil and water, and determine the potential for environmental and human exposure, in order to ensure that our products can be used safely.

Expert Answer(s):

Hmmm.

edit on Sep-18-2017 by xuenchen because: weeded

+15 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Very concerning. But the patent on Glyphosate expired 17 years ago. Monsanto is not the only manufacturer but it is true its use is widespread. Farmers like it and buy a lot of it. I use it in my yard once in a while.

That's not the report. But there is a link to the report within that.
s3.amazonaws.com...

I see that many of the samples carry this disclaimer

*These samples exhibit very low recovery and/or response. The above amounts found are rough estimates at best and may not represent an accurate representation of the sample.

It seems the samples were all "Received from client." Since the client seems to be somewhat biased and alarmist, I would like to see verification of the chain of custody for the samples as well as confirmation of the results.

edit on 9/18/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Monsanto is the worst company ever. For more than just the obvious reasons. They know better than anyone what they are doing.

One of my uncles retired from U.S. border patrol was visiting the Monsanto HQ approx 6 years ago, and all the food being served in the cafeteria durring lunch was organic. Not sure if that was or is normal there but thought I'd share that tidbit with the ATS family.

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Two of the top 3 in terms of glyphosate content are cheerios and honey nut cheerios (1 and 3)

Yeah. Cheerios. You know, the ones they say "get your kid started early with healthy, whole grain eating habits" and "look! Cheerios are fun and imaginative little play things that your kid and you will both love!" (Paraphrasing here)

I shudder at the thought of all this... -brrrrr-

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Good doc on Netflix and others called "What's With Wheat" that is focused on Glyphosate and it's effects on pretty much everything regarding our current health-conditions. It answered so many questions I've had. I've stopped eating flour for the most part (some Organic flour/wheat is safe but you need to research), lost a few pounds, feel better blood-pressure wise and don't feel so tired all the time.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
It's all cereal and snack food. None of that crap is healthy even if it didn't have glyphosates in them.

(post by jimmyx removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I saw this video awhile back as an ad before a youtube video. I'm not sure why I was getting this ad.
www.youtube.com...

This is propaganda by Monsanto to put into the public's mind that they are good guys and here to help farmers. It's not like some farmer is watching youtube and will give monsanto a call after watching that. This is to deceive the public.
edit on 18-9-2017 by xenon129 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
Oh my! that is so utterly deplorable and really very scary. How on earth can Government bodies pass this food as safe with such levels if only 1ppb is deemed unsafe? Makes no sense

Glyphosates

Not 1 ppb mate, it's ten times LESS than 1 part...it's 0.1 ppb!

Absolutely outrageous state of affairs.

Millions will probably die an early death or at least become seriously ill...tragic how people can become so addicted to money and greed so they can recklessly endanger huge amounts of people and even potentially and ultimately kill and injure more people that the biggest killers throughout history, it might turn out that murderers like Hitler might have nothing on Monsanto.
edit on 18 9 2017 by MysterX because: added text

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: whitehotrage
They found weedkillers in Ben and Jerry's ice cream. Owned by Ben Cohen.

Ben Cohen...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I wonder who could be behind this.

wrong......ben and jerry's sold the entire business to Unilever corp.in the year 2000

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Thank you for this. Alarming. Thankfully, I have cut out almost all of these processed foods. So what I wonder is, what level of contamination occurs in the raw ingredients of these? Or various fruits & vegetables I buy at the grocery store, either fresh or frozen. Also, run-off into our lakes & streams... so how much is in fish I may eat? What about the cow that eats the oats that are contaminated? How about the water table... can it seep into it? Things I wonder and just do not know.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

But this was an issue under the Obama EPA.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The story seems old, but the information is relevant. I wonder how many people have died from this as of 1/18/2017 when the story was made.

Maybe another health scare and click bait story.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join