It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just another day

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Today marks exactly 31 years of me being on this planet. That's 31 years of curiousity and exploration, 31 years of failure and growth, 31 years of adversity and perseverance, and 31 years of preparation that has well-equipped me for the long journey ahead -- destination still unknown. But you probably wouldn't know it by just looking at me; I may look like a kid fresh out of highschool still struggling to grow his beard, but don't be fooled by the innocent baby face. Even though I seem to be stuck in adolescence from the neck up, my soul feels like it has already experienced an entire lifetime, and the unbreakable shell that protects me has been forged in the deepest of fires from all my trips to Hell and back... and there is still so much for me to experience and learn.

a rose that grew from the concrete...

I'm honestly not the type that likes to broadcast things, but seeing as how I currently find myself trapped in some creative zone where I like to pretend I'm some kind of a writer (really I'm just practicing) and boast more intelligence than I actually possess (debatable), I will use today as an excuse to do just that.

But anyway, that is neither here nor there because the point of this thread isn't to celebrate my life; what is there to even celebrate? It is far too early to be celebrating life when I still have my entire life ahead of me. Today is just another day and opportunity for me to grow and be better. Be better today than I was yesterday, and be better tomorrow than I am today -- that's my approach every day, and my only hope is I can be an example for those around me and inspire someone along the way.

So as I sit here by myself sipping on this glass of Merlot (it's too damn early to be drinking wine, but hey it's my birthday), trying to convince all my friends that I'm staying in tonight, I can't help but reflect on how far I've come and be excited for the road that lies ahead. I'm financially stable, I have everything I need, and I've never been more content and sure of myself. For me, this is the greatest gift I could ever ask for. I once read somewhere on these boards that you should never post when drunk. Well, I better hurry up and finish this before I end up saying something I'll regret...

...sike! I don't live with regrets, ever. In my world, there are no mistakes, only lessons learned. I just hope someone can find something meaningful in this otherwise meaningless thread.

Cheers y'all..

Oh wait! There is someone we can celebrate. Happy belated birthday to my friend zosimov! (Her birthday was yesterday)

Shout-out to all the Virgos.

*turns on Netflix*

edit on 16-9-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because:

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I as well am 31..

I left the bar last night with 2 girls.

I am the happiest I have ever been too...

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

Lol, I was in a tempestuous passionate relationship with a 20 year old when I was 31...lasted a few years but was destined to fail. Fantastic time of my life!

link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Happy birthday pal 🍾

link   
Happy BDay sir. Please drink a few for me.

edit on 16-9-2017 by ClovenSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Happy Birthday....

Write me something and we'll talk. A short narrative would be fine 7 to 10 pages perhaps.

Screen credit, copy of the DVD, and if the short makes any money at the festivals, you get some.

We use this....

www.celtx.com...

We aren't a big production company with unlimited resources so if you could keep it to 3 locations, 4 principal actors and no SFX, that would be cool.

Here's an example....

www.youtube.com...

edit on 16-9-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Happy Birthday fellow ATSer!

Eat, drink, be merry, and enjoy the ride for many more years.

All the best to you and yours.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Raising a pint of Reverend James to you

c1.staticflickr.com...

edit on 16-9-2017 by Cymru because: Add beer icon

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Awww, I made it to the end and then... surprise! That was cool.

Thanks friend.

What better birthday gift than contented self reflection? I am very happy for you to hear this.

(Consider letting your friends take you out lol)

Happy Birthday to an INDIVIDUAL! (A fun, thoughtful, creative one at that)

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Happy Birthday hunter. Keep on chugging. At this rate it will still be nine more years until you are half my age.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
happy birthday!

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Happy Birthday hunter. Keep on chugging. At this rate it will still be nine more years until you are half my age.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Thanks for the wishes..

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Gone..
edit on 16-9-2017 by mericks74 because: Like something that was once here but isnt

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Happy birthday, friend.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: mericks74

Thanks for the very cryptic words of wisdom, I think I get what you're saying.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Ope
edit on 16-9-2017 by mericks74 because: Woops..

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Many happy returns.

Hope its been a good one.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Yes, I remember the conversation we had before. I'm actually very interested in doing this, I just need to find the time to do it, but I promise I'll do one.. eventually.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: olaru12

Yes, I remember the conversation we had before. I'm actually very interested in doing this, I just need to find the time to do it, but I promise I'll do one.. eventually.

Great!! the "biz" needs good wordsmiths and quality content. The opportunities for people with even a halfassed grasp of the craft are very good. More and more digital platforms everyday; eating up material. Web series in particular...just let me know!
edit on 16-9-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join