It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somali Pirates VS Ship's Private Security Guards NEW COMPILATION 2017

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
You would think they would quite chasing the boat once they realized the fire power? No. They just keep charging. Those fun lovin Islamic Somalians. They've got it made over there. Desperate enough to chase a heavily armed freighter.

If you go to the Utube button their are many more listed.

*THIS VIDEO FALLS UNDER THE FAIR USE OF COPYRIGHT FOR LEARNING PURPOSES AS ALLOWED BY US COPYRIGHT LAW* I am trying to educate people on how these Somali attacks work. A BBC profile of Somalia says that country, after decades of pure chaos, has been "inching toward stability." It looks like no one has told the pirates that infest the ocean around the small nation on the horn of Africa, though—in their efforts to get whatever money they can in ransoms for ship crews and cargo they've become such a huge problem for freighters that some shipping lines are hiring actual damn security forces. As you see in the video above, those security guys get put through their paces, too. In this video made on a bodycam, we watch as one guard behind a bulwark of sandbags pours lead down on small approaching pirate boats—and the pirates appear to fire back. It looks as though the Somalian pirate menace has even created a niche within the private security industry itself. The 2015 promotional video above for Seagull Maritime Security proves these outfits have been meeting the need for a few years now.

If you go to the Utube their are many more listed.

edit on 15-9-2017 by Doctor Smith because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Are they firing warning shots at the pirate boat? I count no fewer than 4 different rifles firing from the freighter. If they were shooting to kill, that's piss poor security.

Especially when it looks like the pirate boat pulls up right next to the ship, and is literally a sitting duck for a few seconds before pulling away.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: seaswine

Moving freighter, moving dingy, large distances, and adrenaline.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Aeshma

I get all that, and thought about adding it to my reply to OP... but even with all variables considered, there's no reason that boat and it's occupants shouldn't have been peppered and perforated the moment it pulled up and literally touched against the freighter, stagnated and turned away.

That's a maximum of 40 or so yards from the top deck.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

You cant see who was hit, or wasnt hit. It pulls away for a reason.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Aeshma

Yes that's true. Good chance a few of the buccaneers got tagged and a teenaged kid was forced to take control of the boat while relieving himself in his trousers.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Are they firing warning shots at the pirate boat? I count no fewer than 4 different rifles firing from the freighter. If they were shooting to kill, that's piss poor security.

They are firing until the boat is no longer a threat. The boat blows up or they can no longer steer the boat due to death.

Especially when it looks like the pirate boat pulls up right next to the ship, and is literally a sitting duck for a few seconds before pulling away.

I don't think they're looking out for the well being of the pirates. The pirates are trying to overwhelm and take over the ship. Once they decide to attack it's their problem.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Doctor Smith

It is about friggen time the poor little Somali buggers got what they deserved ... By the way the outboard motor boat crashed into the side of the ship I would say whoever was at the helm had bigger problems that steerage !

As far as I am concerned they should have waited until the range got closer and made sure that fishing expedition was closed out once and for all.

I remember a Russian freighter who was armed and they capture 10 or 20 of the misguided idiots.. They put them, tied up into a boat and blew it out of the water.. They claimed the fish were hungry.. !

alight hearted look without all the blood and guts ! youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: seaswine

Plugs for the Private security Companies.....lol.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Wish I was young enough and in shape. That would be my dream job!

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

What sort of shape do you need to be in to sit in a perch and shoot at things that attack?

Seems relatively easy.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Piracy on the high sea's, unfortunately it is not a thing of the past and while we hear more about Somali pirate's these day's it still occurs the world over though is so rare in well policed water ways that most of us have forgotten about it.

Somali pirates are driven by the promise of huge reward, not only for the vessel and it's cargo but also for the crew whom they will ransom and they are not from a single background but range from poor former Somali fishermen to jihadists.
They range from being poorly armed with a few AK's to having rocket propelled grenades and have a range of boat's not only dinghy's and skiff's that they may use in there attack's, they are also sometime's well organized veteran's of there country's many conflict's and other time's rag tag and disorganized but they share this in common.

They are ruthless and dangerous.

Against this the ship's security are limited in what weapon's they may be allowed to carry so light rifles are there most common defense but often they are former military with good experience and training on there side, still the best trained marksman is limited by the weapon he has available to him and there effectiveness is limited by the size of the there team.

This video may not look scary but it is, despite receiving fire from the ship the Pirates still tried to attack it and there coming to the hull may have been an attempt to board it, if there had been more pirate boat's it is likely one or more of them would have attempted to lay down covering fire while there boarding team got aboard before then boarding themselves.

Luckily training and a good team of former military professional's seem to have trumped on this occasion and driven them off.

Also most of these pirates are not the sharpest tool in the box, stupid is more intelligent than they are.
Take these were they actually attacked anti piracy patrol's by warship's, either they do now know what a warship look's like and thought they were just ship's or they were that drugged up they actually thought they could defeat them, maybe a bit of both.

Well to be fair it can also be hard to see what they are attacking at night.
www.qpolitical.com...

There was even one were they attacked a Chinese frigate in the area also performing international anti piracy patrol's and they got there back sides handed to them that time as well.

The blame for this is the international company's that actually paid them off, once they learned that they could make big money this way it just got out of hand.

Now given how they will target large ship's it is actually a wonder there are still guy's willing to sail the world in small boats and yacht's and often naively thinking they are safe when they do.
www.marineinsight.com...
edit on 16-9-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I get all that, and thought about adding it to my reply to OP... but even with all variables considered, there's no reason that boat and it's occupants shouldn't have been peppered and perforated the moment it pulled up and literally touched against the freighter, stagnated and turned away.

Yeah great idea. So they can later find a weaker target? Murder, rob (or worse) everyone on board? By killing those worthless scum the world is that much better for us all.

edit on 16-9-2017 by Doctor Smith because: grammer

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
They even dare attack the US Navy? Something wrong with their whole idea of common sense? Any place like Somalia needs to be disinfected in my view. The stupid burns. The stupid is spreading.

edit on 16-9-2017 by Doctor Smith because: moved text

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Surprising not to see scoped BM50's used by the security team. One well placed round in the bow or stern....

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

I was thinking just a scope in general actually.

Pretty hard to get a good shot off with iron sights!

Need RPG's too..

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Wish I was young enough and in shape. That would be my dream job!

I know a lad who did that for a while.
His stories of eating the same fish stew for 3 weeks at a time, making an illegal landing in some fly blown country to go and buy a load of AK's and magazines from some dodgy street market and constantly thinking he was coming home only to be given another ship took the gloss off somewhat.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Looks like a lot of fun for a job. Life on the open waves and firing at a boatload of murderers. It's kill or be killed and the security have the advantage of height, distance and training.

I believe their boat and crew were hit several times on the approach. You can see the line of fire by the splashes in the water. The line of fire directly scythes through the boat around 30 seconds into the clip. The boat also looks like it's lost control towards the end and is slowly circling instead of departing. It suggests the crew had to treat the wounded and/or attend to structural damage.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: charlyv

I was thinking just a scope in general actually.

Pretty hard to get a good shot off with iron sights!

Need RPG's too..

The spray from those AK's seem to go everywhere but the target. Like 100 shots for 1 hit.
The real idea is to completely disable the boat, without wacking everyone in it.
I think the scoped BM50 would be great, in the hands of a sniper in the security team.
They are so powerful, they can break the front off the bow or put a hole right through the engine.

top topics

join