It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bah, my credit card was stolen.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I pretty much know who stole my credit card. Man, I even gave this guy $60 dollars to help me with my pool, I even let him drink on-site. I even went out of my way to buy him lunch as a thank you and he had the nerve to steal my CC. Thankfully, the fraud department alerted it to me within 5 days to put a stop on the CC. He made all these little transactions, and thankfully not some huge transactions. I even have another $75 to give to the guy to fix a portion of the kitchen. Not going t to happen now. I am so mad.

My CC company reported it to me. I didn't even know it was gone. I barely use that card. Now, I'm going to contact police, and sue him. GRRR Here I come judge Judy.

So mad.

edit on 15-9-2017 by Diabolical1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Diabolical1972

No good deed goes unpunished.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Some of these people can't help themselves and seem to have more rodent DNA than homo sapiens. They're always 'on' and never stop sniffing around and twitching their whiskers for stuff to take. They see everyone as a weak target or a relationship to be leveraged for advantage.

If you ever meet the guy, he'll lie so convincingly you'll wonder if you imagined the whole thing and come away with a spoonful of sympathy for him. At the same time, he'll be ready to do it all over again. You might as well be a cardboard cut-out in the eyes of these people because they just can't give a f***.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Rat boy comes to mind

Warmest

Lags

a reply to: Kandinsky

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I had my CC stolen online once a few years ago, don't even know how it happened considering I only ever used it on Ebay, Amazon, PayPal etc.

Company called me and asked about strange transactions in a city about 60 miles from where I live, apparently someone used my CC info with a fake ID to rent a truck from a moving company and of course, stole the truck. Pretty smart if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
He went to all these gas stations, I am a female, surprised they didn't ask him for ID. grr. Like duh.. I have his phone number and first name. I don't know his last name. I will ask my friend tomorrow, he knows him. That's how I met him. My friend is an ex cop, he's not going to be happy when I tell him tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Had someone spend almost $3000 on airline tickets on my card. Was in a hotel at the time in Florida. Assume there was a hacker hooked up to the WiFi. Fraud department took care of it.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Don't expect much help from the police. And the cc company will simply write off the amount. Of course, they will make you want to prove six ways that it really wasn't you.

I know of two cases where tens of thousands of dollars were stolen that way and absolutely nothing came of it after being reported to the police. Like shop-lifting, the cost of it is passed on to the regular customer.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
And the cc company will simply write off the amount. Of course, they will make you want to prove six ways that it really wasn't you.

The last two times I had an issue with one of my cards, a skimming incident and a unscrupulous contractor, Chase resolved it in my favor with minimal effort on my part.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

No good deed goes unpunished.

Omg this. I wish I could give you more stars. This is exactly why I don't really go out of my way to be the super helpful and giving person some people are. Every time I try and help somebody out, it always comes back to bite me in the ass.

Its just not worth it anymore because people are shady as hell these days.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

The same kind of person will also be full of excuses and reason why it's not his fault.

Inability to take responsibility is part and parcel.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Yeah, I just got hit few weeks back with my bank card. I think I got skimmed at the local liquor store trying to get cash from an atm.

I got hit with three online shopping charges totaling about $180 bucks or so. I alerted the bank and had my card canceled and the refunded my money right away. Still a huge inconvenience with no bank card for over a week.

Stupid thieving degenerates.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I even have another $75 to give to the guy to fix a portion of the kitchen. Not going t to happen now. I am so mad.

Kitchens are probably easier than pools, you're better off doing many things yourself. Unless it's electrical.

Good luck on the legal side, I do hope you get your money back.
edit on 15-9-2017 by snowspirit because: Mixed up quote tags

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
My bank card got taken once. Not sure where they got me, but our bank was on the ball and stopped it as soon as the idiots tried to use it in Michigan. Thankfully, that was the first abnormal usage, so they didn't get anywhere.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Aliensun
And the cc company will simply write off the amount. Of course, they will make you want to prove six ways that it really wasn't you.

The last two times I had an issue with one of my cards, a skimming incident and a unscrupulous contractor, Chase resolved it in my favor with minimal effort on my part.

Yeah, Chase is as well.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

When someone tried to use my debit card a couple of years ago my bank caught the activity fairly quickly. I was so upset at myself and the person/persons. I never knew who it was although I suspect now that it had been a skimming device at a gas station near the interstate.
When my brother in law decided to start robbing me instead of asking me, that's what really did me in. I've known this guy for over 20 years. No compass what so ever does he have. He stole meds and cash from my elderly mom as well as money and things from my daughters. He's stolen from just about every family member and folks in the community.
Odd thing is, as the member above stated

If you ever meet the guy, he'll lie so convincingly you'll wonder if you imagined the whole thing and come away with a spoonful of sympathy for him. At the same time, he'll be ready to do it all over again. You might as well be a cardboard cut-out in the eyes of these people because they just can't give a f***.

I was his home plan the first time he got out of prison. I don't think I can put myself or my children through that again and he's scheduled for possible parole hearing in January.
Looking back, it's quite funny that he stole my security system the same day that he got arrested again. He called me from jail wanting me to bail him out. I said "are you crazy? You just stole my security system!!" He asked how I knew that and I told him "YOUR FREAKING HAND IS ON THE VIDEO REACHING UP AND TAKING ONE OF THE CAMERAS DOWN!"
He DID wind up telling me which pawn shop it was at. I never wound up pressing charges for it. I'm a sucker and figured they had enough on him from all of his other shenanigans.

Geez!!!!

Sorry for the rambling, just wanted you to know I feel your pain and I hope it is all resolved quickly and evenly for you.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Don't she him. Just make him pay off the debt he accrued on your card. Or in better terms. Make him pay for the damages.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: GiulXainx

Don't she him. Just make him pay off the debt he accrued on your card. Or in better terms. Make him pay for the damages.

No, because than what will he learn? After I report it and press charges, it will go against his credit score, along with having to pay restitution 3x over in my jurisdiction. I gave that guy 60 bucks before he stole the card, plus he was getting another $75. There was no reason to steal my card. He racked up just about 75 with his purchases when I gave him cash. He didn't need to steal my cc. Funny how I get asked all the time if I'm in law enforcement, but due to my condition, I'm not. I even had my doctors office ask that today for an attempt of overcharging me and my insurance.

If my doctor's office try to overcharge my insurance, I will report them again. Don't interrupt my session because you fked up and didn't do the paperwork. Simple and period. I may brain bleeding, but I am still not stupid. My ruptured brain aneysrusm is for no reason.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I was rear ended by a girl who had her license previously suspended (dwi). I didn't want to cause her too much trouble so I just demanded she paid the damages (2,134.86.). Even though she was caught in the act of violating her suspension.... I still turned a blind eye to her infraction. I was more happy to be reimbursed the charges made to fix my bike.

Just make him pay for what he stole. Adding in any other adverse affects just makes you look very unforgiving. If we as Americans continue to sue sue sue sue sue..... Then this country will crumble.

Just make him pay back everything he stole plus damages (credit score.)

Don't be vile. Be fair.

At least he didn't kill anyone.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join