It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8-year-old biracial boy was hung from rope by N.H. teenagers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

I say teach the criminals a lesson, AND make an example of them that might deter other would-be criminals.

Show me any evidence of these "examples" deterring any form of crime from reoccurring.

All this is - is a desire to hurt someone else so that others can feel better.

I'll explain something further in my next post that is highly relevant...

Hey don't get too bent out of shape. The justice system is already making sure they're protected and comfortable. Man, I bet they're even being treated to some warm cookies and milk to soothe their pain and suffering too.

What if none of this is even true?
What if only parts of it are partially true?
And even, what if it's completely true?

Doesn't matter which.
Our reaction, as CIVILIZED MATURE ADULTS should ALWAYS BE THE SAME.

Yep, my reaction is the same whether actual or hypothetical. The little bastards need to be taught a lesson and other little bastards need to fear those consequences.

edit on 13-9-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: pavil

TBH, I've seen kids acting better than most so called adults lately.

that's kind of my point, the adults are acting worse than the kids while expecting the kids to act like adults!!

Where do you think anyone condones such behavior like these kids did? It's Wrong. Why would you even think people would find it acceptable? Sounds like someone has some stereotypes of those they don't agree with Politically.

of course no one is gonna condone such behavior!!! but if you are openly accepting such groups as the KKK, and white supremacists, well, I can see that in some kids minds, lynching the non-whites might just be a small step forward!! I mean, don't the kkk and lynchings kind of go together in the history books?

Our society and Constitution has "accepted" those groups and other hateful ones forever. It's part of having a society such as the one we have. You can't legislate hate out of life and if you think you can, you are naive. Careful, you are heading down the slippery slope.

Ultimately, people are responsible for their own actions. Violence towards others is handled by our Courts, as it should. Perpetrators of violence and hate always get what's coming to them, eventually. Thinking you can eliminate such thought is almost as scary as the hate itself. If we are to be an open, freedom loving society, that means the ugly side of that shows itself unfortunately. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but racism and hatred and all of that has been with humanity since the dawn of time.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

a reply to: muzzleflash
unless of course, it's kids from a christian family being put into a muslim family...
then well, there's a thread about that one on these boards...

but... I was joking, hence, the lol before the suggestion???

Why would any good Christians OR Muslims lose their children?
That doesn't make any sense.

Both peoples, that actually follow such Faiths, are GOOD parents.

And if their parents died tragically somehow, than the child protective services should be mindful to ensure that the Faith of those children is not compromised - no matter which way the coin spins.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I say teach the criminals a lesson, AND make an example of them that might deter other would-be criminals.

Show me any evidence of these "examples" deterring any form of crime from reoccurring.

Hey don't get too bent out of shape. The justice system is already making sure they're protected and comfortable. Man, I bet they're even being treated to some warm cookies and milk to soothe their pain and suffering too.

Doesn't matter which.

Yep, my reaction is the same whether actual or hypothetical. The little bastards need to be taught a lesson and other little bastards need to fear those consequences.

So if none of it's true than innocent kids need to be taught a lesson because a media outlet took everything out of context and posted fake news?

You said you'd react the same even if it wasn't true.
Are you insane?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

The suspects were identified by police as Jordan Hill, 18, Tesfaye Cooper, 18, and sisters Brittany Covington, 18, and 24-year-old Tanishia Covington.
www.nydailynews.com...

it seems that they were all adults??? no need to investigate the parents to see if they would provide the proper supervision of them... also, it doesn't appear that the police were that interested in protecting them.... probably because they weren't considered to be minors and thus deserving of that protection like the kids in this case are..

in this case, I am assuming the kids were younger, and you can bet regardless of what any of us say, the families will be investigated!!! they will either be put into a juvenile detention center if they are found guilty, or the might be ordered to go to counseling and be on probation for awhile. if the second is decided, then the judge will also have to decide if the parents are the best ones to have custody, or if it is found that they are supremacist, the judge might decide that they would be better off in a foster home.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
There is a lot to say here.

First, if the story reported is remotely accurate, the perps should be given the harshest possible sentence.

The "harshest possible sentence" is the Minimum sentence.
(Considering this would be their first offense)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Doesn't matter which.

So if none of it's true than innocent kids need to be taught a lesson because a media outlet took everything out of context and posted fake news?

Are you insane?

If none of it's true, then why do you give a damn about protecting these supposed kids? Why are you crying over and defending kids that aren't true?

I'm insane? Yeh ok bud.

If it's all a media fabrication then nothing will come of any of it--it seemed to get quite a reaction out of you as well!

edit on 13-9-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

a reply to: Grambler

The suspects were identified by police as Jordan Hill, 18, Tesfaye Cooper, 18, and sisters Brittany Covington, 18, and 24-year-old Tanishia Covington.
www.nydailynews.com...

it seems that they were all adults??? no need to investigate the parents to see if they would provide the proper supervision of them... also, it doesn't appear that the police were that interested in protecting them.... probably because they weren't considered to be minors and thus deserving of that protection like the kids in this case are..

in this case, I am assuming the kids were younger, and you can bet regardless of what any of us say, the families will be investigated!!! they will either be put into a juvenile detention center if they are found guilty, or the might be ordered to go to counseling and be on probation for awhile. if the second is decided, then the judge will also have to decide if the parents are the best ones to have custody, or if it is found that they are supremacist, the judge might decide that they would be better off in a foster home.

The OP said:

It was around 5 p.m. on a Monday in late August, and an 8-year-old boy, like so many others that summer evening, was playing in a back yard. The others he was with had a few years on him — some were as old as 14

"Some were as old as 14"

Is there a mix up here?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

was that post directed at any gov't entity?? no it was not, it was directed at the people on these boards..
I know danged well I can't change anyone else, only life by my own words, and well... ask others to try to live in a way that would be a good model for the kids that they come in contact with...
ya know freedom of speech and all that!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Doesn't matter which.

Are you insane?

If none of it's true, then why do you give a damn about protecting these supposed kids? Why are you crying over and defending kids that aren't true?

I'm insane? Yeh ok bud.

Because everyone here thinks that children need to be destroyed so that they can go to sleep tonight reassuring themselves that they are "not racist" and that they are "good people" - which I believe is complete utter BS.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Kids hurting other kids and their actions may exist on somewhat of a sliding scale. Attempted murder is no better or worse depending on the method. Lynching is too loaded of a word and injects extra emotion in to this event. Our kids are watching how we react to this. Yes, we should be outraged but let's admit this is a very isolated incident and not commonplace.

Eta: This is all "family says" information. I don't see anything from the police.
I think we better wait for the law to do it's job before anyone goes grabbing more rope.
edit on 13-9-2017 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
you'd need to read the post I was responding to... gambler was trying to compare this case with the one of the four blacks torturing the mentally handicapped white guy....
I was pointing out that in that case, they were all 18 or older...so, there was no need to investigate their families...

in this case... there is!!!

link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Sorry I now know the context.

You were responding to Grambler bringing up a totally unrelated story.

I had to go back and read his comment to discover why you posted that unrelated story.

link   

Doesn't matter which.

Are you insane?

I'm insane? Yeh ok bud.

Because everyone here thinks that children need to be destroyed so that they can go to sleep tonight reassuring themselves that they are "not racist" and that they are "good people" - which I believe is complete utter BS.

Did it ever occur to you that people who want justice would also make sure it's true before enacting their justice?

And yes, criminals need to be brought to justice. Teenagers know right and wrong and are capable of empathizing with the pain of another.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

you'd need to read the post I was responding to... gambler was trying to compare this case with the one of the four blacks torturing the mentally handicapped white guy....
I was pointing out that in that case, they were all 18 or older...so, there was no need to investigate their families...

in this case... there is!!!

I just discovered that as you were typing.
Thanks for clarifying this.

And you're right in your assessment.
edit on 9/13/2017 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Doesn't matter which.

Are you insane?

I'm insane? Yeh ok bud.

Did it ever occur to you that people who want justice would also make sure it's true before enacting their justice?

And yes, criminals need to be brought to justice. Teenagers know right and wrong and are capable of empathizing with the pain of another.

Everyone has already decided what kind of punishment needs to be meted out (physical violence rather than civil justice).

No one has any facts. But they sure have a hell a lot of crazy emotions.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

No one has any facts. But they sure have a hell a lot of crazy emotions.

I see you're a fellow club member.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught9966

Flagged this! Too bad the original post is full of banter and heckling. I hope the nature of the crime allows for the teenagers to be charged as adults. The police chief sounds like he might be protecting someone close or prominent.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Kids hurting other kids and their actions may exist on somewhat of a sliding scale. Attempted murder is no better or worse depending on the method. Lynching is too loaded of a word and injects extra emotion in to this event. Our kids are watching how we react to this. Yes, we should be outraged but let's admit this is a very isolated incident and not commonplace.

People ought to be reacting with skepticism and sensibility.

Instead what do we have in this thread?

Anger. Outbursts preaching violent retribution outside of the law.
Even hatred for the alleged perps.

This nation is embroiled within a damned blood feud.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: onthedownlow
a reply to: Onslaught9966

Flagged this! Too bad the original post is full of banter and heckling. I hope the nature of the crime allows for the teenagers to be charged as adults. The police chief sounds like he might be protecting someone close or prominent.

The police's job is to protect the accused no matter the crime or circumstances.

The public mob would torture and kill people accused of crimes otherwise.
The mob is mindless and knows no justice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join