It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calls To Imprison "Climate Change Deniers" Grow In The Wake Of Hurricane Irma

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Did I say anything about an immediate halt to using fossil fuels? Or alternatives or anything besides motivations for Exxons possible fraud as well as citing an article about actual persecution? But of you want to move the goal posts I can bring up that domestic use of wind solar and other alternatives are coming up to par or any number of related topics.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

As opposed to the extension of human life and the relief of human misery caused by the presence and use of fossil fuels.

Are you forgetting how brutal human existence was in the 1800's????? how the use of fossil fuels allows for effecient food distribution and the relief of hunger? Are you forgetting plastics and how they are replacing metals and saving mother earth from being raped for minerals?

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Yup because that happens all the time. God help ATS! The gene pool is getting shallow...a reply to: grey580

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: TinfoilTP
1) Is correct. That is what would happen if the ice cap on Greenland melted completely.

2)

Indeed satellite data show no increase in temperature for nearly 19 years despite a constant increase in CO2.
False.
www.drroyspencer.com...

3)

Hurricane Katrina Was Man Made
I've only seen that claim on ATS, and it was because of HAARP.

4) Strawman

5) Strawman

6) False.
nsidc.org...

7) Maybe

8) CO2 causes warming. The bad effects are not offset by a bit more green

You conveniently ignore that as Al Gore sang from the pulpit about 20 foot rise in ocean levels, he bought that beachfront property. Now isn't that special. How convenient that the 20 foot rise never happened after he got all those Lefties to eat it up and even had it piped into the school system to scare everyone.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

See previous post.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Are you forgetting how brutal human existence was in the 1800's?????

You mean when they were burning coal for steam power and heat? Awesome. Please sir, can I have some more?
exposingchildlabor.weebly.com...

Are you forgetting plastics and how they are replacing metals and saving mother earth from being raped for minerals?
Putting petrol into plastic doesn't really increase CO2 concentrations, but it does cause problems in the ocean and stuff. Keeping that better under control would be good. Don't you think?

edit on 9/12/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADSE255
a reply to: Gothmog

Al Gore is the grandaddy of this whole thing. His previous movie in favor of global warming, the one they pushed in the school system, was proven false. But the brainwashed don't care about the facts. If a lie is told long enough people believe it no matter how many times they're told it's a lie.

A question everyone should ask themselves. Simple questions are the best.
When did the man made global warming start ?
Before , scientists were mixed on the subject . Global Warming or the start of a Global cooling. Absolutely no mention of causation. Till around 2000
Gore jumped into the fray around 2000 . Wasnt that the time frame he lost the Presidential Election ? Got out of politics ? Still had a following ?
Around the time that the UN started their IPCC ? And nominated a railroad engineer with a Business Degree to head up the group ? A person who would later be forced to resign over having to stand trial in his home country over the alleged molestation of a young boy ?
Sounds about right....

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

When did the man made global warming start ?
Around the turn of the 20th century but it didn't kick into high gear until about the middle.

Absolutely no mention of causation. Till around 2000
You are mistaken.
CO2 Global Warming
Please note the dates.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

For context. If you omit part of the paragraph, it changes the meaning to suit your position.

You were misrepresenting what the author said.

You were lying by omission.

You are a liar.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: FlapdoodleStork

You were lying by omission.

You are a liar.

You didn't post the entire essay.
You too, are a liar. See how easy that is?

The OP:

Yes, the new inquisition believes you should be imprisoned if you "blaspheme" their gods (i mean causes).

The context was that it is not just any "skeptics" who are the problem.

Hyperbole is hyperbole and I said earlier that anyone who says that anyone who is a "skeptic" should be jailed, is a fool. Have any of the examples presented said that? If so, they are fools.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The link takes me to a freakin Google search
And I know what you were stating . But....none of the aforementioned links state man-made before 2000 . And some come up 404'ed . Is there a potential reason why they were 404'ed ?
The yokes on you...(or is it yolks? I get those confused sometimes)
Sorry , game over , try again

edit on 9/12/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

The link takes me to a freakin Google search
You figured that out all by yourself?

But....none of the aforementioned links state man-made before 2000 .
False. This one is from 1975, and was correct.

Once this happens, the exponential rise in the atmospheric carbon dioxide content will tend to become a significant factor and by early in the next century will have driven the mean planetary temperature beyond the limits experienced during the last 1000 years.

www.jstor.org...

And many dozens more. Anthropogenic CO2 has been linked to warming (and the resultant climate change) for many decades.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
The damage is already done, everyone is to blame. The present french climate change deal is nothing more than a scam. I do know we have to start treating our ecosystem better and quickly, but what they are focusing on in France is not going to help anything. Forests tie up the carbon again. Oil and coal are not much more of a problem than natural gas is, the energy comes from breaking a carbon hydrogen bond. Their solutions are rediculous. I bet those people own stock in Green companies they steer people into buying products from.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
they put people in jail for questioning the realities of w2. whats real, whats fake about the 'great war.'

once someone tells me it is illegal to question something i am forced to look into it to find out what lies they are trying to cover up.

its like how little orphan anny wrote her beloved diary in ball point pen. lmfao. i love saying that because in europe its illegal to say it. i love being an american free thinker.

they make you read that fiction in 2nd grade. that tells you the level of the scam, they try to indoctrinate the masses into the falsifies as early as possible.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The present french climate change deal is nothing more than a scam.

A voluntary set of goals?
How, exactly, is that a scam?

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

just to add to the conversation

wattsupwiththat.com...

Naomi Oreskes did not "prove" that Exxon Mobile lied. She took their research out of context to the time period in question.

In 1982, when the world was still trying to come to grips with global cooling but some researcher were expressing concerned about CO2 and global warming...

However, the memo notes: ‘It must be realized that there is great uncertainty in the existing climatic models because of a poor understanding of the atmospheric/terrestrial/oceanic CO2 balance’ [82]. Likewise, an internal briefing on the ‘CO2 “Greenhouse” Effect’ from 1982 states: ‘There is currently no unambiguous scientific evidence that the earth is warming. If the earth is on a warming trend, we’re not likely to detect it before 1995’ (see table 3). Yet, the authors say, ‘Our best estimate is that doubling of the current concentration could increase average global temperature by about 1.3 °C to 3.1 °C’ [83]. Several internal documents make this distinction, acknowledging that increased CO2 would likely cause warming, while expressing (reasonable) doubt that warming was already underway and large enough to be detected.

Read the comments under the article, it is extremely illuminating.

Further, can anyone tell me, if EXXON MOBILE had taken out front page news in every newspaper everywhere around the world, expressing their concern about the burning of fossil fuels.....

would anyone had said, lets stop this insanity right now. NO coal (no steam), NO cars, No trucks, no agriculturals tractors, ect ect ect.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Yup, that's true. I just know Gore is a liar, not even his wife could stand him. He's pushing his agenda, but it's not working in his favor this time because his latest movie failed miserably. You would think a billion dollars of stolen cash would be enough for that guy. Some people are never happy.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

once someone tells me it is illegal to question something i am forced to look into it to find out what lies they are trying to cover up.

Good thing it's not illegal to do so then. But I generally I look into things out of curiosity. Thing is, that means I look at as much information as I can get my hands on rather than assuming any of it is a lie.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Naomi Oreskes did not "prove" that Exxon Mobile lied.

Right. The case hasn't gone to court as yet.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

In 1982, when the world was still trying to come to grips with global cooling but some researcher were expressing concerned about CO2 and global warming...

Many, many climate scientists were concerned about CO2 caused warming. Far more than were concerned about cooling. They understood that the pollution induced cooling, even if it wasn't abated, would be inundated by the effects of greenhouse gases.

edit on 9/13/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join