It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calls To Imprison "Climate Change Deniers" Grow In The Wake Of Hurricane Irma

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You can't just allude to things around here anymore. Luckily, I think it's a shrinking pool of those needing to be persecuted. Unfortunately I don't think a single one will ever bother to read about the cases of real persecution... the murdered scientists, researchers and activists that go against the ranchers, clear cutters and oil companies.

Source

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

The question here is are the so-called denialists having to prove that they did or that they didn't?

The whole Exxon thing was a witch hunt where Exxon had to prove that they didn't do a thing which seems to be distinctly against the idea of innocent until proven guilty.

If someone makes the accusation of climate denialism, is it up to them to prove there was profiteering and that a person did, in fact, know there was undeniably man-made climate change? Or is the burden of proof solely on the company to prove both that they don't believe in a thing they suddenly have to disprove and then prove further that they never made money off of it?

Understanding the answer to that is the difference between being persecuted and what actually went on with the tobacco companies.

And given that no one has definitively proven that man has much to do with what is happening with our climate and what exactly is happening with it, this all becomes very troublesome.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADSE255
a reply to: infolurker

That's funny, The President is against GW what's he proposing here exactly?

That is the thought right there
Just another Butt-Hurt Snowflake driven insane by a name...

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Imprisoning people for their beliefs is wrong.

Not believing in climate change is ignorance.

Climate change is real and history shows it! Will you deny that the ice age ever happened? Will you deny that we have seasons with a notable (short term) change in climate? Will you deny that short droughts, very active hurricane seasons, and hotter or colder seasons are are a subtle example of our climate changing from time to time?
The climate is perpetually changing, just like the universe. The earth used to be a hot ball of magma with a very hot climate. Eventually it changed and the climate is the way it is now. Eventually as the planet continues to evolve, and as other factors evolve, like the sun ever-expanding, the climate will change. Just like how your appearances changes as you age.

Maybe people who deny climate change live in tropical environments where they barely notice any environmental changes in their climate. Or maybe they're just people scared of change!

Edit:
Sorry if I have any wording mistakes. I've had a long day

edit on 12-9-2017 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Well it's one man's opinion...and who is Mark Hertgaard? It's his opinion and it's valid to him. That doesn't mean it should be valid to everyone or anyone else.

Just for a second though...Even if the Earth's climate isn't in a state of perpetual flux, even if we don't think that man has any influence on global climate...don't you think it's wise to leave the planet in a better state than it was before we came here?

I don't just throw litter on the ground. I recycle what I can. I clean up when I make a mess. Heck I even clean up when my dogs make a mess. Isn't that the responsible thing to do, while we still can do it?

And before anyone points the finger at any other countries and says..."well,they don't do it, so why should we?" Just remember, if we want to be leaders...we have to lead.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

I believe in climate change, I just don't believe totally in man made global warming. There are just too much money pushing this agenda to be totally light.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: carewemust

Only a pea-brain could make such a weak straw man argument.

Have you ever met a strong straw-man, man?

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
This is the US's problem and most of the world
We used to , in the day, treat folks of this caliber of lunacy or send them to the "psycho ward" if they were dangerous enough to themselves or others

This entire deal of AG or whatever you call it was set up by Al Gore and the "Mother Gaia" crowd. Two birds of a feather
No , Gore is not insane just using their insane ideas in the name of making billioms for himself. He doesnt give a rat's a** about the Earth or the people . Look at Gore's other lies and his Congressional history. Money and Power...

There is a fictional character named Zed , a wizard , by Terry Goodkind in which Zed is explaining why most magic works . You probably have seen it in my other posts. The most real statement in any fictional book I have ever read to describe exactly what is going on today.

Wizard's First Rule

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
All bow to the alter of carbon credit taxation or face the inquisitors, never mind looking at China over there polluting more than anyone else, they are off limits because they are already under the communist yoke.
edit on 12-9-2017 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No one is persecuting anyone for questioning climate science. Once again a right wing 'news' source is taking liberties with reality and going with hyperbole. Exxon stands accused of defrauding the public. Big Tobacco lied about cigarettes causing cancer or denied they had research proving it... however you want to look at it, it was fraud. Exxon no longer denies (IIRC) that our current trip through climate change is caused by us. Among the legal questions though, is did their decades long PR campaign to downplay it, to fund denialism, to buy senators and reps and other elected officials, break the law? Or do we not get ask that question on a platform with consequence?

Can Exxon be Found Liable for Misleading the Public on Climate Change?

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Al Gore is the grandaddy of this whole thing. His previous movie in favor of global warming, the one they pushed in the school system, was proven false. But the brainwashed don't care about the facts. If a lie is told long enough people believe it no matter how many times they're told it's a lie.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
This is the US's problem and most of the world
We used to , in the day, treat folks of this caliber of lunacy or send them to the "psycho ward" if they were dangerous enough to themselves or others

This entire deal of AG or whatever you call it was set up by Al Gore and the "Mother Gaia" crowd. Two birds of a feather
No , Gore is not insane just using their insane ideas in the name of making billioms for himself. He doesnt give a rat's a** about the Earth or the people . Look at Gore's other lies and his Congressional history. Money and Power...

There is a fictional character named Zed , a wizard , by Terry Goodkind in which Zed is explaining why most magic works . You probably have seen it in my other posts. The most real statement in any fictional book I have ever read to describe exactly what is going on today.

Wizard's First Rule

I had not seen that before but it is pretty accurate.

"Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid."

People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true.

People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true.

People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."

"Because of Wizards First Rule, the old wizards created Confessors, and Seekers, as a means of helping find the truth, when the truth is important enough. Darken Rahl knows the Wizard's Rules. He is using the first one.

People need an enemy to feel a sense of purpose. It's easy to lead people when they have a sense of purpose. Sense of purpose is more important by far than the truth. In fact, truth has no bearing in this. Darken Rahl is providing them with an enemy, other than himself, a sense of purpose.

People are stupid; they want to believe, so they do."

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: joemoe

As opposed to the trillions of dollars generated by fossil fuel usage? That's a lot of absurdly rich people. You can't blame them really for trying to protect their source of wealth it's just going to cost humanity the climate that we thrive in.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: FlapdoodleStork

You had already posted that bit. Why should I repost it?
edit on 9/12/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ADSE255

His previous movie in favor of global warming, the one they pushed in the school system, was proven false.
I've seen Al Gore say a lot of things but I've never see him say that he's in favor of global warming. I'm pretty sure he's against it. However, his movie was not proven false.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

As opposed to the trillions of dollars generated by fossil fuel usage? That's a lot of absurdly rich people. You can't blame them really for trying to protect their source of wealth it's just going to cost humanity the climate that we thrive in.

Let's really think about this a minute.

Fossil Fuels are used why? Because nothing else is currently a viable alternative. That is really the issue there. Credit scamming and taxing the crap out of people to fund companies like Solyndra and Tesla....

What do we get from that? Seriously.... here is what we get...

We get the "honor" of paying into a Carbon Credit scam or a carbon tax via directly OR by increase in our utility bills and pump prices. That money goes to middle man traders and a bunch of already rich people who are getting richer who then donate money back to a certain political party to keep the scam going.

Do I want to pay triple for electricity and gasoline so that rich people can get richer, so that the UN can get a cut for their corrupt leadership, and finally so that Politicians who support these scams can continue to get money from these "recipients" to keep fleecing us? Oh, and by the way, carbon emissions will not change but nobody really cares about that anyway.

No thanks, I will pay for the fossil fuel until there is a "viable" alternative that isn't a scam for rich people to get richer at my (and your) expense for a zero sum result.

We already have this kind of crap with the Pharmaceutical industry... do we really want to repeat the same kinds of mistakes in the energy sector because once you fuel that engine, it is only going to get bigger and will never go away and the greed only increases at our expense.
edit on 12-9-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Fossil fuels are a factor in everything mass produced, you know, to feed and cloth and shelter a significant portion of the trillions alive today. Shipping containers don't sprout wings or grow legs.

Global warming is the yellow brick road to human enslavement, all so the Al Gore's of the world can tour the newly created Ghetto planet pimped out in style. If you are lucky they'll flush their excrement over your shanty town as they fly over.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

We get the "honor" of paying into a Carbon Credit scam or a carbon tax via directly OR by increase in our utility bills and pump prices.
I don't. No carbon credits here. No carbon tax. Gasoline is as cheap as it's been in a while. The feds havn't raised gas tax in a long time (and are still giving oil companies tax breaks), my state hasn't raised the gas tax in a long time.

Funny thing though, my local utility makes it pretty much impractical to buy a PV system. No net metering. Limited permits issued.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: ADSE255

His previous movie in favor of global warming, the one they pushed in the school system, was proven false.
I've seen Al Gore say a lot of things but I've never see him say that he's in favor of global warming. I'm pretty sure he's against it. However, his movie was not proven false.

8 Highly Inconvenient Facts for Al Gore 10 Years After His Infamous Movie

Here's a juicy sample of the real inconvenient truth about his hack movie,

1. Sea Levels Are Rising At An Alarming Rate

In his movie Gore predicted that sea levels could rise six meters (20 feet) with the melting of the Antarctic and Greenland ice sheets.

Now, we know that the South Pole is gaining more ice than it’s losing. Also a great amount of the losing is due to underground heat. As for Greenland, its melting cycle doesn’t seem to have changed much. In fact, it seems to be quite regular. And sea level has been increasing… at a steady level since we started recording them.

But if the rising sea level is so catastrophic, why has Gore bought a beachfront mansion?

Inconvenient Source
edit on 12-9-2017 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP
1) Is correct. That is what would happen if the ice cap on Greenland melted completely.

2)

Indeed satellite data show no increase in temperature for nearly 19 years despite a constant increase in CO2.
False.
www.drroyspencer.com...

3)

Hurricane Katrina Was Man Made
I've only seen that claim on ATS, and it was because of HAARP.

4) Strawman

5) Strawman

6) False.
nsidc.org...

7) Maybe

8) CO2 causes warming. The bad effects are not offset by a bit more green

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join