It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Posessed" Nun's 341 Year-Old "Devil's Letter" Deciphered With Algorithm from "Dark Web"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maroboduus

originally posted by: dreamingawake
Nice thread. Gonna throw it out there: May be from grey aliens instead of heathen's Gods.

dear god...
THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WHATSOEVER IN THIS STORY THAT SO MUCH AS IMPLIES EVEN A SLIGHT MODICUM OF RELATION TO ALIENS.

So what? Dear God you somehow know what demons are? Evidence? My bad for trying to discuss this.

edit on 13-9-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Cowley was a con man. Actually he was more of an entertainer but he was no more enlightened than you or I.

I've met aliens through the use of psychedelics, primarily '___'. Do I think that the experience was real?

NO!

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1
a reply to: dreamingawake

Cowley was a con man. Actually he was more of an entertainer but he was no more enlightened than you or I.

I've met aliens through the use of psychedelics, primarily '___'. Do I think that the experience was real?

NO!

Not less or more a con man then peddlers of the bible.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1

You're right! How ignorant of them to disregard those invisible beings that's perceived presence can be described by science!

Here's what's ignorant:

Denying the occurrence of a scientifically unexplainable phenomenon solely on the basis of it being scientifically unexplainable.

Not only is that bad science, it's kinda stupid. Science exists to acknowledge and explore the unknown.

You want to dismiss the unknown because you assume it's unknowable.

That is the antithesis of the scientific method.
edit on 9/13/17 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Dp
edit on 9/13/17 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: antoinemarionette
They may not think its demonic, but try and convince those who have actually dealt with demonic beings. That sounds like some straight-up demonic lingo to me!

What I would like most to see is this software applied to the Voynich Manuscript... and no, that dude Gibbs has been discredited -- no one's figured out the text of the manuscript as yet.

So much for that Voynich manuscript...

Every bit of that text looks like a depiction of demon writing that I have viewed in many other texts too.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: RMFX1

No, the greatest trick the church ever played was making you believe that he does.

You think the church made people believe? Satan, Devil, Seth, Baal, he has went by many names through the ages. The church did not start the believe. Egypt had their devil/s. Mesopotamia had theirs. India had theirs. China, and so on and so forth.

Mankind has forgotten a lot of their history. So go ahead and have your belief system the way you want it, but make remarks such as this, a lot of people will want to see your proof.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
It is a grocery list.
Milk
Bread
Kill "Bob."

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
It is a grocery list.
Milk
Bread
Kill "Bob."

Oh for crying out loud what has Bob done now, or are you confused with Bill.

edit on 14-9-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Thats really interesting I was just reading a chapter on Vallee in the book "Aliens: and why they are here" by Bryan Appleyard

it speaks about the alien intervention and how they convince us that gods arent real etc

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I think he meant, BOB. Not Bob.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 9/14/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Now it all makes sense......

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Cool. Please explain. Because I watched the whole series and didn't get it.
Laura was hot, but she died. Audrey was just scary.

edit on 9/14/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   

I'm sorry I should have added a confused emotican, I have no idea who that is or what you are talking about.....

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   

You're already working on cribbage. That will keep you occupied for a while.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   

No , that's a lame version of poker morphed with a cumulative board game....not my thing.

Learn to play Omaha hi/lo and I might be interested.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   

No wonder I do not know what it is you are on about, I rarely watch tv shows and when I did twin peaks was not on that list.

That story is lame, its like a watered down Steven king story, you would know that if you had read more than just firestarter .

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Hey! Those last 4 posts were a mean, off-topic thread derailment if I ever saw one!

Back to the issue at hand.

Here's an article about the difference between mental illness and spirit possession -- from the Washington Post, no less!

I diagnose mental illness and help spot demonic possession

Is it possible to be a sophisticated psychiatrist and believe that evil spirits are, however seldom, assailing humans? Most of my scientific colleagues and friends say no, because of their frequent contact with patients who are deluded about demons, their general skepticism of the supernatural, and their commitment to employ only standard, peer-reviewed treatments that do not potentially mislead (a definite risk) or harm vulnerable patients. But careful observation of the evidence presented to me in my career has led me to believe that certain extremely uncommon cases can be explained no other way.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I had gotten caught up in some work stuff shortly after posting the OP but I've had a little time today to do some follow up.

The first thing I did was to locate the Facebook post from the LUDUM Science Center Cantania here. Facebook's automatic Italian to English translation is a bit rough but here's a relevant bit about the process of decoding the letter:

The deep web network provides excellent decryption software, but according to our theory, we needed a software that to the alphabet invented in by the nun, so we programmed one of the best available software for this. We tested our software with some standard decriptazioni (Italic, geometric and mixed) in different languages. We have analysed the repetition of syllables and graphics in the letter to identify vowels or pairs of them and have developed and honed the decryption algorithm. In fact, we did not have great expectations of the outcome and we thought we could achieve a few words of good. But clearly the mental path was well-structured and the message was more accomplished than expected. The work provided for a commitment of three people for three months of work (actually not continued).

Not much to go on there unfortunately. They also provided more text from the letter but there's at least two typos in here ("Zooastro" should be "Zoroastro" and "hoime" is "ohime") and both Facebook's and Google's translations choke on a few words ("ristorami" being one). Here's what was in the FB post though:

"VI SIMBOLI CHE IO CHE CLAUSA LIVEGIO SO FONTE UNA DISGRAZIA , FORSE ORMAI CERTO STYGE XY< TLIYI VUODE POICHÈ DIO CRISTO ZOOASTRO , SEGUONO LE VIE ANTICHE O SARTE CUCITE DAGLI UOMINI . HOIMÈ, RISTORAMI. SERVIRE NESSUNO QUESTO È SISTEMA ZAVORRA SONO LE TRE , UN DIO CHE SENTO LIBERARE I MORTALI XI SONO PER QUESTO SEMPRE."

So then I searched for "POICHÈ DIO CRISTO ZOROASTRO" as that seemed like it would be both fairly unique and minus at the very least, one typo. That led me to an interview in an Italian language source, here, which had some additional details (Google translated):

Well, a group of physicists and computer scientists from Catania, people who are living with science (playing in the Ludum Science Center who lives at Catania's doors) has just deciphered it, using a decryption program taken from the "deep web" , the great hidden sea of ​​the net, which is not on Google because it does not want to be searched. "There's a lot in it," says Daniele Abate, 49, team leader and Ludum-drug, prostitution, pedophilia, and also intelligence-intensive intelligence programs to decipher secret messages like the one we've been using. Algorithms that attempt to decipher, identifying similar characters that are repeated. An attempt, it is good to clarify it, but an attempt whose outcomes have astonished us. "

Already. Those eleven lines, which at first glance a bit 'classic Greek and a bit' Cyrillic alphabet, tell in fact something. Not entirely consistent, not quite comprehensible, but certainly related to God and Belzebù: "Perhaps now Certain Stige," reads the letter, and Stige is one of the five rivers of Hells according to Greek and Roman mythology. And then again: "Because God the Christ Zoroaster follows the ancient ways and seams seized by men, Ohim." And finally: "A God who feels free the mortals."

But how do you translate the devil's language? "We have included the Greek alphabet, the Latin one, the Runic (of the ancient Germanic populations) and the yazidi alphabet, the devout adorable people who lived the Iraqi Sinjar before the appearance of Islam, all the alphabets which Sister Maria Crocifissa might have seen or known. The algorithm first identifies the same characters, then compares them with the most similar alphabetic characters in the different languages. "

Here at Ludum the air that breathes is that of enlightened children of secular thought. "The idea I'm doing," says Abate, "is that this is a precise alphabet, invented by the nun with great care mixing symbols he knew. Each symbol is well thought out and structured, there are signs that are repeated, perhaps an intentional and perhaps unconscious initiative. The stress of monacal life was very strong, the woman might have suffered from a bipolar disorder, then there were no drugs or psychiatric diagnoses. Certainly there was the devil in his head. "

It sounds like to as though it's basically a substitution cipher which uses a mixture of glyphs similar to those from existing alphabets to construct an alphabet and that the encoded language is in fact Italian.

The gist of the message seems to me to be some sort of declaration that Christ, like Zoroaster, is an invention of man and that religion is useless. I'm also wondering if the bit about the river Styx being real might be a reference to life on Earth under religion.

Sounds like a crisis of faith though I imagine if one believes in demonic coercion, it could be taken that demons were attempting to bring about a crisis of faith.
edit on 2017-9-14 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I'm still not buying this deciphering algorithm story, it holds as much validity as the bible code.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join