It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Should I Feel Bad for Illegals?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluesilver

originally posted by: GusMcDangerthing

a reply to: bluesilver

How's the opposite going for the UK? Oh... that's right.

It helps you make specific points and arguments.

Honey child there isn't a need to be specific when discussing the dire state the UK is in with regard to immigration. It's a sht fight any way you look at it.

Honey child? So not only are you being patronising you are refusing to show any detail. Interesting way to lose an argument but it seems to work for you.

Yes, I am rather like that when communicating with idiots. I didn't lose the argument, I pissed you off.

Build a bridge and get over it because you won't win this argument. I didn't even need to - it's clear and basic fact. Britain and much of Europe is a mess because of immigrants.

Honey child.

Well, I'm not sure who you are used to dealing with, but an insignificant keyboard warrior is hardly going to "piss me off". All you have done is shown a lack of maturity, which incidentally is actually a strong theme throughout your reply. You sound like you are about 14.

Also, as for your desperate needy assertions that you won the argument and that I can't win, this does two things. Firstly, it shows that you have an insecurity problem because you cannot accept losing so you back out of an argument with "I win, you lose and you cannot win" and secondly, saying you won an argument is very different to actually winning one. Again though, this goes back to the lack of maturity I aspect I mentioned.

Lastly the name calling. Wow. Insecure and immature. Further evidence.

Try putting together proper arguments and stop reverting to childlike behaviours. Far from "pissing me off" I find you rather pathetic and needy.

I really don't give a flying money sht what you think of me. Also it's not really name calling when it's more statement of fact or opinion.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Imagine someone moved into your house illegally and brought their kids, and that house is the only home they ever knew. Are you forced to let the kids live in that house forever too because it's not their fault their parents were squatters. Are you the bad guy when you make the squatters leave?

Yes. They can get out and can go peacefully or not.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
If you think about it, we have quite a few "sensibilities", ranging from intellectual, cognitive, instinctual, emotional, wisdom from experience, and so forth. Other areas come into play we might be unaware of.

These "sensibilities" merge or mesh together in a sort of "wisdom" which permits us to make decisions or form opinions about certain things, and with some people they present in a coherent, unique, and superior sensibility. We hopefully elect these people as leaders as they are typically well rounded and wise. They are the gifted among us, and not just because of an IQ standard, but in taking all the multi-faceted parts into consideration to produce a very well-rounded individual.

When parts of these sensibilities are absent, we see a misshapen, inferior decision. A confusion of sorts, an inability to mesh or merge with other forms of intelligence because they are absent, oppressed, or are otherwise "deformed" in some way. I would suggest environment or familial causation, but who knows? Could just be inferior circuitry.

The result is what you see here.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I emigrated legally with my family when I was 9. It was not easy but we did it all the 'correct' way. Although I do feel a lot of compassion for the kids of illegal immigrants, I don't think they should have amnesty. We have many homeless and needy Americans who deserve to be looked out for already, so prioritizing would seem like common sense.

What I do think we should consider is perhaps a shorter or easier path for these children of illegals. I don't have all the answers but if they're illegal yet raised for their whole lives in America, should they really go to the back of the line? Would it not be sensible to ask them to apply legally and give them some sensible path to residency and later, citizenship?

edit on 9-9-2017 by RoyBatty because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Imagine someone moved into your house illegally and brought their kids, and that house is the only home they ever knew. Are you forced to let the kids live in that house forever too because it's not their fault their parents were squatters. Are you the bad guy when you make the squatters leave?

No the police would be considered the bad guys after you call them to have them arrested for breaking and entering along with child endangerment.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Honey child there isn't a need to be specific when discussing the dire state the UK is in with regard to immigration. It's a sht fight any way you look at it.

Honey child? So not only are you being patronising you are refusing to show any detail. Interesting way to lose an argument but it seems to work for you.

Yes, I am rather like that when communicating with idiots. I didn't lose the argument, I pissed you off.

Build a bridge and get over it because you won't win this argument. I didn't even need to - it's clear and basic fact. Britain and much of Europe is a mess because of immigrants.

Honey child.

Well, I'm not sure who you are used to dealing with, but an insignificant keyboard warrior is hardly going to "piss me off". All you have done is shown a lack of maturity, which incidentally is actually a strong theme throughout your reply. You sound like you are about 14.

Also, as for your desperate needy assertions that you won the argument and that I can't win, this does two things. Firstly, it shows that you have an insecurity problem because you cannot accept losing so you back out of an argument with "I win, you lose and you cannot win" and secondly, saying you won an argument is very different to actually winning one. Again though, this goes back to the lack of maturity I aspect I mentioned.

Try putting together proper arguments and stop reverting to childlike behaviours. Far from "pissing me off" I find you rather pathetic and needy.

I really don't give a flying money sht what you think of me. Also it's not really name calling when it's more statement of fact or opinion.

Well they say never argue with an idiot, they will only try to drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. You sir, are that idiot. And with that, as I think we have derailed the conversation enough I will leave it there. I'm sure you will feel the need to reply once again with your own brand of comedy genius name calling as that seems to be your safety net once arguments are beyond you, but unfortunately I'll not see it as I am quite a busy person with 2 jobs. You have certainly made me laugh though, so I thank you.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Honey child.

Well they say never argue with an idiot, they will only try to drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. You sir, are that idiot. And with that, as I think we have derailed the conversation enough I will leave it there. I'm sure you will feel the need to reply once again with your own brand of comedy genius name calling as that seems to be your safety net once arguments are beyond you, but unfortunately I'll not see it as I am quite a busy person with 2 jobs. You have certainly made me laugh though, so I thank you.

You seem to be approaching this from a rather lofty pedestal. No fact I've stated is incorrect, you merely disagree with my manner of delivery and frankly as an adult I reserve the right to sometimes be frustrated and not always at my most polite. If other adults take umbrage with this, so be it and too bad for them.

Good of you to think I'm comedic but it isn't intentional. Sorry you have to have two jobs, I only need the one and it allows me enough time and money to waste on this sort of thing, while I sip my coffee of a morning.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Honey child.

You seem to be approaching this from a rather lofty pedestal. No fact I've stated is incorrect, you merely disagree with my manner of delivery and frankly as an adult I reserve the right to sometimes be frustrated and not always at my most polite. If other adults take umbrage with this, so be it and too bad for them.

Good of you to think I'm comedic but it isn't intentional. Sorry you have to have two jobs, I only need the one and it allows me enough time and money to waste on this sort of thing, while I sip my coffee of a morning.

Peace.

Well I wasn't going to reply, but as you went into full on smug mode I thought I'd mention that yes, I do have two jobs, which do keep me busy. However, I love doing them and I know I'm very fortunate. And you probably wouldn't even believe me if I told you what I do. However, while you sit drinking your coffee doing nothing and feeling smug, I think I'll put on a film...I always like watching the end credits too, just to see how the big Hollywood films are made, don't you? ;-)

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I'd believe you, I just wouldn't care.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Because it's just wrong, morally wrong to kick people out of your wealthy country because you were born into the wealthy country. There is plenty to go around. I am very poor as far as Americans go but I have a pretty sweet house and acres of land and I live below the poverty line. Most everyone will have times of need in their lives. I would say it is morally wrong to not offer help, no matter how they came to that situation. Justifying just sending them back to a crappy situation is greed and selfishness. I certainly think immigrants should choose the legal path, but I won't condemn them because they and their family did whatever necessary to survive and prosper.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Toolman18

If you allow in any and all who happen to make it in then the 'wealthy' country won't be for much longer and this is plain to see everywhere it's been given sanction to happen.

it's not morally wrong to wish to preserve your way of life. I'm not necessarily saying that it's wrong to wish to better yourself by seeking this way of life, but why not build it in your own land and not infiltrate others homes like pestilence.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: GusMcDangerthing

Our country will have to be obliterated before it's not a wealthy country. If my fellow man is hungry and I choose to not feed them while my stomach is full, that's morally wrong. Taking wealth from wealthy people to even the playing field is the real issue here. No one wants to give up their comfort for others. How can we call ourselves a civilization but we aren't civilized? Most of the folks getting kicked out have nothing outside these borders. I have an $800 phone. I can have it because I live in the USA. What is so terribly bad about allowing someone else to have that?

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

And in alot of the places these folks comes from, it isn't an option of overthrowing the bad guys giving them a terrible life. When you need to feed your 7 year old, 5 year old, and 1 year old, you certainly aren't thinking those thoughts. It's all about keeping your family alive, as well as your peers around you. We have guns in the USA. Those folks don't. Their only hope of not watching their family die of starvation or violence is getting to the States. They finally get here with most of their family and establish themselves. 20 years later they gotta leave because their filth is getting on our shoes. This is what you are supporting.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   

There is always that option. It is the only acceptable one.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

How much should I give up before it inconveniences me? That should be the title of this thread. I have alot. But I deserve it and more because of factors I can't control. Because other people weren't born with what I have, they are pieces of # and I don't care about them. Good luck to everyone who's not me. This is the pulse of America.
Geez people. Sick. You sir are a gross version of humanity. Good luck justifying your selfishness to yourself.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   

And what you are saying is let everyone and anyone flood the great nations of the world and turn them into the same crap holes they fled because they're the ones who turned them into crap holes in the first place and can't fix things themselves.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Yeah that's exactly what I'm saying. The wheat and chaff will separate itself. Is this not exactly how this nation was founded and came to power just a couple hundred years ago? And now that model doesn't work because it might inconvenience you? Well if your model is so much better, lay it out. Tell us. Keep the power from those you don't approve of. The other places we don't like, except to go on vacation to so they can serve us drinks, deserve to just burn. I will try to ignore the truth to keep myself comfortable.

Really? What will you do when this country goes down? Just stay or overthrow the badness? Or will you try to get you and yours to a better place? And you finally get to that place, " The Promised Land " and after about 1 or 2 generations you are told you have to leave by force because you are disrupting the income of people making $50k a year?

And you expect them to just leave and you are mad because they don't want to leave?

That is wrong. It always will be.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   

When, not if, this country goes full totalitarian, you will argue to just stop letting the opression happen? Just stop the terrible government from treating us bad?

Probably will fall on dead ears because no one to voice an opinion will be alive.

This is what you are asking the poor and needy to do from these poverty countries.

They aren't here to steal jobs or kill us. They just want security for their families for the most part.

I agree they should go the legal route, but it's not an option for some. I would absolutely do anything necessary to provide for my wife and kids first. Who of us could argue when they decided they could starve, or, enter the US illegally?

That's not a hard question.

So who are you to decide their fate? Have they done wrong by aiming for the US? Heck no. Put your crab rangoon or chicken wing down for a family that willl never complain if they can have just one Mcds burger.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   

What's the point in letting in the entire world to our countries if they destroy them in the process? Where do they go then?

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   
They? You mean how can I sustain my life when peope below my established level come close to mine. Greet them and say well done now let's go to Taco Bell for a bite and enjoy the rest of our lives in relative peace and safety. That's it.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join