It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excalibur ‘confirmed’: 7yo girl finds ‘King Arthur’s sword’ in Cornish lake

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
www.rt.com...

A seven-year-old girl literally felt a legend coming to life as she unearthed a huge sword from the same lake King Arthur’s Excalibur was said to have been thrown. A sceptical father, however, said he does not believe in the sword’s fabled origins. Matilda Jones from Doncaster in the UK found the 4-feet (1.2-meter) sword when she went swimming in Dozmary Pool in Cornwall. Matilda’s father, Paul, had just told her and her sister about the legend of King Arthur as they drove to the lake. The two were paddling in the lake when Matilda is said to have made the discovery. "She was only waist deep when she said she could see a sword,” Paul told the Star. "I told her not to be silly and it was probably a bit of fencing, but when I looked down I realised it was a sword. It was just there lying flat on the bottom of the lake."

Unfortunately I cannot post any further info as I am on my company computer. However, if someone would kindly post the picture that has been placed on Twitter, I would be very grateful .
edit on 5-9-2017 by CaptainBeno because: reasons

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
This is the equivalent of something I would see on Facebook and people would pretend it was real.

It's not.

No really, it's not...

And no the homosexual agenda had nothing to do with this article...
Just getting a head start on replies.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

Yeah no. Its not Excalibur it does not look lkike its been in the water for very long
The quote in the "article" even says "it does not look very old"
Lets note even go into the fact its the wrong style of sword for the period Author was supposed to live in

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
For one brief shining moment,,,,,my heart lept and my mind soared.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
he.....he
Dad salted the pond, cool dad

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Surely Arthur is more important than the sword right? I mean he's due back any day ....

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I'll ask my friend Bat Boy if he thinks this is legit.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
he.....he

That was my first thought as well, because he told them the story on the way.
Is sort of a cool thing to do if he wanted to spice up their holiday 😏

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   

"I don't think it's particularly old, about 20 or 30 years old,” Paul said, referring to their lake find. “It's probably an old film prop."
@ the source
From the Star?
One might think that's probably a common prop to have around that lake.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Probably a movie prop it says. I wonder what movie it came from? Someone must have forgot to get the sword from the lake. It doesn't look like the sword from Merlin.

It would still be cool to find a movie prop.

edit on 6-9-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno
In fact there is nothing unlkely about a sword being deposited in water. I remember seeing a televsion documentary about the excavation of a large collection of objects from a location in the fens of Lincolnshire. The theory was that open water had been a sacred place, by definition, and the objects had been offered in sacrifice over a period of time.
This custom explains the origin of the Excalibur story. Unfortunately it also makes it very unlikely that any individual object was specifically Arthur's. The father is right to be sceptical.
Being in Cornwall does not make it more likely. The legends say that Arthur was born in Cornwall. None of the general legends say that he spent any time there afterwards. It was supposedly a separate kingdom.

edit on 6-9-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
he.....he

Imagine being that little girl. Mind blown. Probably wastes loads of time now on a fictional character, just because daddy always wanted a sword.
Still cool.
I really have mixed feelings about this.
But at least one is happy, that's for sure.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Either a click bait thread or the article wasn't read before posting..

Do we really need to lower ourselves to the level of the tabloids constantly here? Just discredits ATS making it a joke like these trash papers.

By all means post the article bit please don't make it sound like something it's not..

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   
It looks like this Sword

HERE

The sword of Jaime I also known as James I of Aragon.

SOURCE

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

eehh not something I'd do to my kids.
Magic can be cool to feel as a kid.. My mom had me thinking I found treasure one time haha.

Can't stay in neverland though.

It's pretty similar to santa claus really.

I've never imagined being a little girl..

Maybe a dad to a little girl.

I'd teach her to fish instead lol.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Wake me when they find the Grail.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

That's what the cultural lies are for I guess, you share this lie with others. In my cultural circle while growing up it's "Christkindl" and it's me and my grandma and cousins running through the woods looking for angels between the trees.
The same with the easter bunny, but then it's eyes to the ground. But everybody has that, right?
(Not, I know.)
I never stood a chance.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

hahaha...

I had my fair share. Not as much as you maybe.

How else do you entertain kids until they invent their own games?

It had to have a better effect on you than handing a 5 year old a smart phone, or turning on some asinine TV show... Maybe.

Who knows.

I think without "cultural lies" life is less interesting. Its getting too science ish lately.. Will kids even have a childhood? Where is the unknown?

music still hits it for me.

edit on 6-9-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   

And it implies thrill, how awesome is that? With it comes a Catholic package of evil forces. Magic and all of that is natural you just don't try seriously enough. That's cultural imprint too.
Treasure seems harmless. But how is it, you're looking for one, not?

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   

My daughter expresses some interest in fishing.
I think she's just trying to please me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join