It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excalibur ‘confirmed’: 7yo girl finds ‘King Arthur’s sword’ in Cornish lake

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Dalek found in UK bog

You brits need to have the BBC clean up better after filming!!

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Let me enlighten you all on "the legend". It's not legend it's leg-end. That's the bit from the saying "to pull some-ones leg". To play a joke on some-one.
There never was a man, or king either called Arthur so in reality how can anyone find his sword.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I read some books years ago that touted Owain Ddantgwyn, king of Powys as the actual man behind the Arthur myths.

One thing that always struck me is how we, the descendants of his Saxon enemies continue to revere him.

edit on 12pWed, 06 Sep 2017 11:21:12 -050020172017-09-06T11:21:12-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

In my opinion, the father placed it there for his daughter to find. Though to be honest, having visited Dosmary pool many times, I doubt even this, as it is not a place to go paddling or swimming, especially for a child...
edit on 6-9-2017 by kuraijanai2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The only physical artefact with a reputable claim to have genuinely come from King Arthur, and to have survived into recorded history, was his crown. It was part of England's crown jewels... until 1650 when Oliver Cromwell (who had just declared England a republic) had it melted down and sold to an ironmonger.

True fact. The crown jewels now in the Tower of London were created after the restoration of the monarchy, around 350 years ago, because all the originals (a huge collection of ancient objects) were destroyed, so we can never study them or even be sure what they looked like. An act of cultural vandalism that makes the Taliban's demolition of the Bamiyan Buddhas pale into insignificance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join