It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sacramento To Pay Gang Bangers If They Stop Killing People

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
What??

Seriously?

Yes, they will pay violent gang members to "not get caught" performing violence and mayhem. Hard call, I get how someone could say it "may" cost more to incarcerate but as we see, there is no way to know if the gang-members are keeping their end of the bargain other than getting caught of course.

Sounds too much like capitulation to violent criminals though so I would be against it for that reason. I can think of a great after school mandatory work program that would be more suited to the situation myself.

fox40.com...

SACRAMENTO -- After a violent weekend of suspected gang-related shootings, Tuesday the Sacramento City Council took action to reduce the bloodshed.

It approved a controversial program called Advance Peace, which offers cash stipends to gang members who remain peaceful.

The program is already in use in Richmond and is also being considered in Stockton. Some believes it can help curve violent crime.

The program targets key gang agitators, offering them cash stipends to graduate school and remain peaceful. It already claims success in dropping crime rates in Richmond. But the city would still have to pay half the cost of the program, $1.5 million out of the city's general fund.

edit on 1-9-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker
There is at least one other meaning for the expression "gang-banger", which may lead this thread off track. Perhaps you should have stuck with "gang member".

edit on 1-9-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Just when I thought our State government couldn't get more stupid.
At least the Governor is retiring after his current term.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
**Enters thread**
**Reads title and article**
*Thinks about humanity**.........

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Cool, changed it.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
So basically this is telling people that they can get free money from the government for joining dangerous gangs. I can actually see this increasing gang activity rather than reducing it.

What they should do is just say "You know what, **** it. Mandatory death penalty for gun crime."

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
There is at least one other meaning for the expression "gang-banger", which may lead this thread off track. Perhaps you should have stuck with "gang member".

Maybe that is why I'm confused. The gang bangers i hang with don't kill people. Sinful individuals undoubtedly, but we aren't murderers!! Sheesh..

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I have an idea, how about they stop killing, robbing, raping, and pillaging l because it is wrong........

This is satire right? Please tell me this is satire.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
And oh ya, society.......

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Sounds like a classic scam to get government money to finance criminal activity.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Sounds like the movie Demolition Man:

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: seaswine

If you are talking about repeatedly raping women then you deserve the death penalty because it destroys the lives of the victims.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Isn't that extortion or racketeering or something. Reminds me how the mob would be have business owners "pay for protection"

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The mindset in cali is truly at retard level. You see and hear of killings and mass graves in mexico ? well it's coming to cali. And they deserve everything they get too. Moonbeam is to blame for the decline in everything 'cali', and Dianne Feinstein is a few loads short as well. But it's moot really.

It's down to 'the bully and lunch money now' it seems. Ha ha ha ha ........let us know how that works... Now they can lay about on the couch in the front yard smoking blunts and sucking down Corona's and get paid for it.... How Retarded is That ? Watch where you walk, you might step in some.............

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
These morons love hearing this and it isn't going to decrease crime.

link   
this sounds more like its for known youths in the system. it most likely be a program offered by their P.O. nothing my state does should surprise anyone anymore. if it can get a few kids from being repeat offenders and finishing school then its money better spent then on an imaginary bullet train.

link   
None of this makes a damn bit of sense.
Then again, not much does anymore.
It seems everything I read, see or hear leaves me shaking my head.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
lol, obviously a liberal came up with this lunacy.

Gee, gang members on your pay roll. How touching.

And what's to stop them from demanding MORE? "Pay up, OR ELSE!"
edit on 1-9-2017 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Well I,

I guess if it reduces crime. I mean most of the gang members probably don't have an education and don't have the discipline to hold a regular job because they're career criminals. So this program kind of makes sense.

The drop in the crime rate also makes sense because the gangsters motivated to commit violent acts are no longer selling dope to make ends meet so there is no more turf war, in theory.

Now the only problem they have to figure out is how to stop the recruitment of 5 to 10 year olds.....................

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join