It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nurse forcibly arrested for not allowing cop to draw blood of unconscious patient(Video)

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: alphabetaone
I think this is becoming a regular tactic.

Look at what they did to the victim in Minnesota.

She calls the police for help because she thought someone was being assaulted in the alley near her home.

She ends up dead in the street a few minutes later, and all we got was a bunch of excuses for a cop that acted inappropriately and killing an innocent woman.

This is the woman originally from Australia correct? If so that was an absolute travesty...I still can't figure that one if it's the same incident you're talking about. Maybe she had an affair with a cop, who knows....

They are also did an investigation of the victim, including a search of her home, private life, and medical history. Maybe in a year or two they will come to a decision, and maybe they will let the public know their decision, or maybe it will just fall off the radar, like the woman that was killed with a round of bullets with her baby in the car on Capitol Hill a few years back.

It seems that the innocent and the victims are becoming the target whenever a police officer screws up.

Well, I'm not excusing cops irrational behavior, but if I recall it correctly the woman was driving erratically around D.C. and near the White House...

But the bottom line I think you're trying to make is that cops irrational or unreasonable behavior is placing the onus on some innocents (and to be fair some not so innocents too)

I personally think we're ALL victims and have let ourselves be lead, like lambs to the slaughter, into giving up our liberty for safety, exactly what we were warned against letting happen by men who clearly knew better than we do how to preserve it.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I understand that the driver is obliged to submit for testing after a fatal accident. But, how is that immediately enforceable by local LEOs or remotely in their scope unless it is a criminal investigation focused on the driver?

Another question I want to ask you is what is on the line for the driver if they are not at fault and not under criminal suspicion? Their CDL? I don't believe they can face harsher criminal penalties if they were driving drunk. Civil, yes. But not criminal.
edit on 3-9-2017 by OrdoAdChao because: focused on the driver

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Yes I was referring to Justine Damond in Minnesota, and as far as Miriam Carey in Washington DC goes, we still haven't heard the whole story on that one. We accept and forget.

Ever drive in DC? If you don't know the area it can be very daunting and very confusing. Nothing she did warranted her being shot down in a hail of bullets with her baby in a car seat in the back of her car.

But we have become so desensitized to the heavy handed approach of some police officers, that not only do we accept it as just something we have to put up with, but that we also have to defend it.

We gave up our liberty, but we are not safer. In fact, we are in more danger than ever before. We are suspect and we have to prove our innocence, even in death, because we are automatically guilty of anything that any office whats to manufacturer in their own mind.

edit on 3-9-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I have driven in and been to D.C. many times, you are of course correct. Like I stated, I'm excusing no one, just digitally brainstorming really.

I honestly can't argue with you on any one particular point but will add this, that we have to shoulder some of the blame for the state of affairs by our own complacency, myself included in that, at times. We want big change but aren't willing to go the extra mile to affect big change. Of course there are individuals who DO go that extra mile, but generally speaking, as a people we do not...people have a propensity for the status quo, and as long as nothing off-balances that status, they don't care enough to do anything about it. These agencies see that, and know they already have a battle that's won. Ours is a war of attrition....losing people who give a damn. I often cite my parents as having been asleep at the wheel for a lot of disadvantageous legislation over the years, but nothing like I am seeing here and now.

I know this sounds off-topic, but bear with me as I tie it in....I also, often get very upset at people who intentionally misspell words simply because it would be the way they pronounce it OR, more specifically the way they would text it. So I get the "grammar nazi" crap because I do this....but you know what? People in high positions have a REAL tough time in taking an argument seriously by profanity laden "umad bros?" when a serious topic needs to be fleshed out. Or when they can be discredited because they seem like unlikely candidates to be speaking intelligently on any particular topic....these agencies ALSO pay attention to trends and can easily use them against us.

For the record, should of, would of and could of sincerely makes me nauseated. Typos are fine, intentional misuse? Please dont try to help further a serious debate. But it is WAY off-topic and a discussion for another thread.

edit on 3-9-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   

We gave up our liberty, but we are not safer. In fact, we are in more danger than ever before. We are suspect and we have to prove our innocence, even in death, because we are automatically guilty of anything that any office whats to manufacturer in their own mind.

Good post, and this quoted part is what I would like to address.

You have a very good point there, not only are we now possible victims of crime from criminals but we are now also potential victims of police whom are burnt out or simply power tripping maniacs .

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I was going to say the same..we definitely are no safer, and have been feared into giving up our right's and power.
We are pretty much living 1984.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Its a bizzaro world we live in, it is literally backwards as old mate Carlin put it, all those years ago.

And yes "feared" , we are literally being conditioned to submit to tyranny, and like it all at the same time.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Every cop show on TV shows them being allowed to accuse and insinuate everything they want..who cares as long as they get an arrest...right?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

Every cop show on TV shows them being allowed to accuse and insinuate everything they want..who cares as long as they get an arrest...right?

Absolutely that is all part of the conditioning, also notice they always show the dumbest of people on these shows.

The same goes at a protest, here in OZ people protest the land grabbers and poisoners, when interviewed they pick out the dumbest looking people and interview them like they are the leaders of the movement.

This # just annoys me as people are far too stupid to work it for themselves, its far easier to have the tv think for you.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Nothing she did warranted getting shot?

Are we ignoring that she hit three people with her car?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
This doesn't surprise me, but it still pisses me off big time. This nurse was not only protecting the patient, she was following numerous federal and medical laws on top of it. The cop, by contrast, didn't just break federal law, he violated the 4th amendment for certain, and maybe the fifth, since person in question was totally unconscious.

I hope not only does this cop get canned, he loses his retirement benefits and faces jail for illegal arrest, assault, and kidnapping. Probably won't happen, but I can hope.

Even if he doesn't get canned, she can sue the pants off the SLPD. I hope she does, if they do nothing.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Fact is some of these moronic buffoons are a law unto themselves and think they can get away with whatever they like down to the meager position of power the hold.

End of the day Police, just like the poor nurse he assaulted and accosted are public servants there to protect and assist us not brutalize and bully us.

The real crime is that bastards like this are allowed to become Police in the first place.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO
It does indeed seem orchestrated.

Like I commented in another post.

First the cop shows script their lead characters as stoic bad asses. Once they get the cops and the public accepting of the role, then they dress the local police department like the police in the TV series and the movies.

They then present them with their props so they can firmly immerse themselves into their role as king and conqueror. They add the little twist that even when everyone knows the the cop is a jackass, all of his bothers in arms have to protect him from losing his job by demand of the ungrateful masses, and must adhere to the code of silence while hiding behind the blue wall.

They have slow walked us to our gulags while we were distracted and enthralled by are constantly updating electronic collars.

You are quite correct that we have to take the blame for where we are, as I respond to you from my outdated device that keeps me sufficiently under surveillance and on house arrest, as I can't afford the newfangled wrist monitor.

edit on 4-9-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Some more info that has since been added to initial reports.

* - This incident occurred at the end of July.
* - The policy of the Police department was in fact different that that of the Hospital and only changed a week or so ago to be in line with that of the Hospitals.

The Salt Lake City police chief and mayor also apologized and changed department policies in line with the guidance Wubbels was following in the July 26 incident.

* - The detective was on the phone with his supervisor for an hour when he was told to arrest her if she kept interfering. The detective cited a time sensitive factor for the blood draw.

He had called his supervisor and discussed the time-sensitive blood draw for over an hour with hospital staff, police spokeswoman Christina Judd said.

* - The nurse and her lawyer were the one who released the edited video of the encounter, only showing the 2 minute clip that resulted in her being placed in cuffs. The original video is 20+ minutes long and can be found a few pages back along with pursuit dash cam footage.

The article incorrectly cites the Scotus ruling. It does not apply to the State of Utah.
edit on 4-9-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
I am not going to get into a discussion about Miriam Carey here, but you are incorrect.

She hit a couple of cars, not people.

If police can panic and shoot an innocent woman because they heard a loud sound,and they are armed, I don't see how hard it is to believe that a woman alone in her car with her baby could panic when she makes a wrong turn, tries to correct it, and finds herself faced with guns pointed at her face.

I repeat she did not warrant being shot with 26 bullets, 5 of them from behind. How the baby survived the incident is in itself a miracle, though if they had killed the child, its death would have disappeared from our minds just as easily.

I get that you find all polices actions justifiable, and think we should just shut up and take it, so you don't have to defend or make justifications for her death. It is a forgotten memory, and like her, dead and buried, for most.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
I am not going to get into a discussion about Miriam Carey here, but you are incorrect.

She hit a couple of cars, not people.

Actually you would be incorrect. She actually hit and injured an officer at the White House who tried to stop her and then hit another officer when she left the white house before they fired at her. She kept ramming a gate at the White House and she also rammed a gate at the Capital building. She also rammed a police car during the pursuit. She drove up onto a sidewalk and remained on it for a distance. When she rammed an officers car from Supreme Court police, she backed her car up and towards officers who were approaching from behind on foot. When she didnt stop they opened fire again, hitting her this time.

edit on 4-9-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
I am not going to discuss the Miriam Carey case here.

edit on 4-9-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Well you brought her up, so if you didn't want to discuss her then it's poor form on your part. It's not my fault your narrative is incorrect.

She hit, and drove at, multiple officers and did so multiple times. There's video of her driving at officers in an attempt to escape them boxing her in. An officer was treated at a local hospital for injuries sustained when she hit him.

Trying to portray her as just some poor motorist that got herself turned around is plain ignorant.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Please stay on Topic!

The topic is the Utah incident involving a nurse, a blood draw and a cop.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I used her as an example of how easily we are forgotten when a police action is questionable.

This thread is about inappropriate actions of a police officer towards a Utah nurse. My examples were to demonstrate that it has happened before, and in one case the investigation is still in process, and due to our lack of memory and concern, the other case has completely fallen off the map.

If you want to start a thread on Miriam Carey I am willing to look at it.

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join