It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey began drafting 'exoneration statement' before interviewing Clinton, senators say

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

It's not a matter of how long an investigation is, it matter how it is done. I would like to see an investigation done properly. To that end, I annul all of Comey's investigation into Trump. Comey was Trump's director of FBI. He should have recused himself because of conflict of interest.

Hillary should be investigated properly, this time with a special prosecutor with no conflict of interest. The investigation should be restarted, and this time done right.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: tulermank

It's not a matter of how long an investigation is, it matter how it is done. I would like to see an investigation done properly. To that end, I annul all of Comey's investigation into Trump. Comey was Trump's director of FBI. He should have recused himself because of conflict of interest.

Hillary should be investigated properly, this time with a special prosecutor with no conflict of interest. The investigation should be restarted, and this time done right.

Are you claiming that hundreds of FBI agents were all incompetent? That they were all complicit with Clinton?

Are you claiming that the what 3 or 4 Congressional investigations into Clinton's email servers BY REPUBLICANS that came to nothing were done wrong as well?

You "annul all of Comey's investigation into Trump" What in the world does that have to do with Clinton's email server?

Come ON.

What is obvious in all these silly repetitive threads is that the only conclusion that many here will accept is Clinton's arrest and incarceration.

Because ... she's Hillary Clinton.

/shrug
edit on 1-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I don't think Comey did a good job. There was too much conflict of interest. Obama appointed Lynch and Comey and Obama backed Hillary in the election. Hillary should be investigated by a special prosecutor, Mueller being a good choice, to have a fair investigation free of conflict of interest. I think there should be a new investigation of Hillary by Mueller.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I don't think Comey did a good job. There was too much conflict of interest. Obama appointed Lynch and Comey and Obama backed Hillary in the election. Hillary should be investigated by a special prosecutor, Mueller being a good choice, to have a fair investigation free of conflict of interest. I think there should be a new investigation of Hillary by Mueller.

Then, by your logic, no one in government can ever "do a good job." There will always be "conflict of interest."

Trump's appointees can't do a good job either.

Right? By your logic?

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

A top government personnel like Hillary should always be investigated by special prosecutors. Always. Special prosecutors are the most fair. If Hillary has nothing to hide, then she should be investigated again, this time by a special prosecutor like Trump is. If she has nothing to hide, then what's she got to be afraid of?

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Trump isn't investigated by any of his appointees. Trump fired Comey so he can be investigated by a special prosecutor so everyone will accept the result of the investigation.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Trump isn't investigated by any of his appointees. Trump fired Comey so he can be investigated by a special prosecutor so everyone will accept the result of the investigation.

Who appointed Mueller? (Follow up) Who appointed Rod Rosenstein?

Trump fired Comey to shut down the investigation into Russian meddling in our election. He has stated that.

Further ... let's return to your earlier claim ... if merely being appointed by a politician makes one unable to act rationally, then how is any part of government ever going to work?

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

It's not a matter of how long an investigation is, it matter how it is done. I would like to see an investigation done properly.

Can we investigate the Clown Murders too?

I miss the relevance of this joke.

To sum it up, people that want the investigation stink the most.

"Witch Hunt" doesn't even begin to describe the level of false martyr that is going on.

How about we stop wasting Government resource and blowing money out our ass specifically at other people?

The real conflict of interest is that you have an opinion that matters at all, and the public can now support mass defamation at the expense of anyone, whenever they want, for whatever they want.

Same idiots that demonize Hillary have no idea why people dislike Trump? What jokers. Ideological Demonization is the plague of terrorists in our country, I'd rather you idiots be investigated. The level of spin and disinfo is far beyond coincidental, how about we end the psy-op instead of sucking partisan shlong?

I'll tell you what will happen if you finance an investigation right now, a bunch of rich men will pat themselves on the back no matter the outcome. Stop wasting time like jokers even humoring this idea anymore. It's not like Hillary going to jail would ever benefit you, ever. Any person that argues it would is honestly an idiot anyway.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

As I stated, every major politician should be investigated by a special prosecutor, not by an incumbent director of FBI, in order for the investigation to be unbiased.

Trump fired Comey because Comey won't recuse himself and there was conflict of interest because Comey was incumbent director of FBI under Trump. Comey wasted 4 months of investigation for nothing and everything had to be restarted by Mueller.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: CarlsBad

How many investigations into Benghazi? By REPUBLCIANS?

How many investigations into Clinton's emails? By REPUBLICANS?

How many of those found nothing to charge Clinton for? ALL OF THEM.

Yet, the party of small government and fiscal responsibility wants to keep going until they can finally crucify the old lady in the pantsuit that makes them all poop themselves.

It's absurdity cubed.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Congress investigations are bipartisan. Benghazi got 4 Americans killed. How many people were killed in the 2016 election? 0.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I don't really understand your post, other than yes, we cannot effing afford this crap anymore, speaking monetarily.

I'd be better off with people saying she's an Alien again if they are so pissed they want to lie. At least we won't seriously finance an investigation over that.

Even if she pooped in the pool, the Right's response to this has been Taco Bell and "Revenge", no sense of justice.
edit on 1-9-2017 by CarlsBad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Congress investigations are bipartisan. Benghazi got 4 Americans killed. How many people were killed in the 2016 election? 0.

The Committees doing the investigations are bipartisan, but they have a majority of Republicans on them and are led by Republicans.

The rest of your statement makes zero sense.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: CarlsBad

I don't really understand your post, other than yes, we cannot effing afford this crap anymore, speaking monetarily.

I'd be better off with people saying she's an Alien again if they are so pissed they want to lie. At least we won't seriously finance an investigation over that.

Even if she pooped in the pool, the Right's response to this has been Taco Bell and "Revenge", no sense of justice.

Especially from the party of "small government and fiscal responsibility" eh?

(We agree.)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
How about this? We get Mueller investigate both Trump and Hillary. This way it is fair and everyone will accept all the results. Forget all the past investigations. Let Mueller make the conclusions.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

How about this? We get Mueller investigate both Trump and Hillary. This way it is fair and everyone will accept all the results. Forget all the past investigations. Let Mueller make the conclusions.

Many folks don't think Mueller can be objective because he has worked with Jim Comey.

Why should Clinton be investigated AGAIN? The FBI (not just Comey) and the Congress have both investigated and found NOTHING ACTIONABLE.

To me, that's absurd.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

They found nothing so far doesn't mean there is nothing to be found. 4 lives were lost at Benghazi. Even if it takes a century to investigate, it's worth it. After all, Mueller investigates Trump for years and that's deemed fair.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: tulermank

I don't agree with an investigator of Trump either.

Maybe falsely investigating people is the issue? Not 'fairness'.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CarlsBad

I see your point. Mueller is supposed to investigate what Russia did in the 2016 election. So it's a Russia investigation with no Russian. You might think that's bizarre. You might be right.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

They found nothing so far doesn't mean there is nothing to be found. 4 lives were lost at Benghazi. Even if it takes a century to investigate, it's worth it. After all, Mueller investigates Trump for years and that's deemed fair.

When does one stop looking then? How many more investigations must be done?

Benghazi is not even remotely the topic here ... even though there were EIGHT investigations on that issue that found nothing.

Trump hasn't been in office for a year yet. Mueller was appointed at the end of May 2017. That's three months ago.

I have nothing more to say off-topic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join